Rides you miss/wish you could have ridden?

Discussion in 'Talbot Street' started by Heidi, 7th May 2021.

1. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    Controversial but I actually miss Sub-Terra, it was my favourite dark ride on park by far between it, Duel and Hex.

Jaybomuso and Heidi like this.
  2. s_g_k

s_g_k TowersStreet Member

I’d LOVE to ride Boneshaker / Energizer again. I think it was such an underrated flat ride and I loved it as a child. It’s such a shame it had to go, it would’ve really worked in the Dark Forest as some sort of possessed tree / whomping willow type of thing!

WillPS, Heidi and jon81uk like this.
  3. Error

Error TowersStreet Member

Ripsaw
    Blackhole
    Dynamo
    Ug swinger
    Haunted House
    Flume

I've ridden them, just miss them.

jon81uk likes this.
  4. Error

Error TowersStreet Member

That's what I meant "Boneshaker"

5. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    That's another one, the Flume. I still remember riding it. :(

6. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

I would love Boneshaker/Energizer to return. I still think it could be some kind of enchanted tree in the dark forest. Its a great family thrill flat ride.

Heidi, Skyscraper and s_g_k like this.
  7. Mi-Nigle

Mi-Nigle TowersStreet Member

The Park Railway.

Odd pick... I'm not into trains in the slightest but I remember on my first ever visit to to AT (1999?), while walking past the Swan Boats, I saw the old Merrie England station entrance with this free-standing sign, in the shape of an X, which was in the way of the queue that said "END OF THE LINE RAIL CLOSED" or something.

7 year old me thought it was just closed for the day and I'd be able to ride it next time... :(

I don't think I'd get much out of it now, but I suppose I wish 7 year old me could have ridden it. In years to come I could look back fondly while wearing my rose-tinted glasses. :cool:

8. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

It was a very long queue for a very short ride.

Mi-Nigle likes this.
  9. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but Expedition Theme Park just uploaded a video on the Black Hole. :)

Last edited: 1st Aug 2021
    Heidi, RoyJess and Matt N like this.
    Posted 1st Aug 2021
  10. veneerofcute

veneerofcute TowersStreet Member

Corkscrew is one that I had the chance to ride but for some reason didn't on my first time I went to Alton Towers. I wish I had. I don't know why I didn't. There's plenty in the looks like they were fun but either disappeared before I ever got to Alton Towers or are even from before I was born. I think that Doom And Sons looks like fun. As does the Haunted House. It's a shame there aren't more pictures at least of them. I remember seeing a lot of people talk about how great Toy Land Tours is and I would love to know if it was genuinely that great or if it just was the sheer awfulness of the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory ride and nostalgia that made it seem a lot better.

I kind of feel like AT could do with more walk around attractions. Aside from anything else they're useful for when you have friends going to the park with you and people need a way for lunch to settle before going on more rides. I'm always amused by the fact that Alton Towers once had a doll museum.

Heidi likes this.
    Posted 7th Aug 2021
  11. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Around the world was the original and was great

Toyland Tours was better than CATCF. There were some real gems (puns) in there, bouncing castles, snail electrix, dolly mixtures, etc..

It was very up beat and a lot going on

Doom and Sons was fun. The original Haunted house was brilliant before they messed with it.

Back in the 1980's, they had a model railway situated in the chapel. Yes they had a dolls museum. They also had the Thunderbird puppets on display behind Hex. They also had a room/hut with taxidermy in. They also had some classic cars on display. Talbot cars imported cars and sold them. Hence the name Talbot, all part of the Talbot family.

The Ice age theatre used to house a dancing water fountain show which I seen.

Where the Sealife is, used to house a 3D cinema dome.

The Haunted Hallow path use to be the old railway track for the narrow gauge railway

veneerofcute likes this.
    Posted 7th Aug 2021
  12. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

The taxidermy room still gives me nightmares.
    Tableau of stuffed squirrels and rabbits in Victorian dress, close to the Corkscrew.

Dipper_Dave and MaxPower like this.
    Posted 7th Aug 2021