• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Route from Katanga Canyon to Forbidden Valley closed

GaryH said:
It obviously did affect the safety of guests hence they closed these areas of the park. No guests were harmed in any way and the areas are back open again now. While yes it would be nice to know, Alton have absolutely no obligation in any way to tell us the reason behind the closure of the area and you (and me) have no right to know in the matter.

Unfortunately.......

It could have been closed as precaution and as it then caused no threat the areas reopened.

We are not going to know and it clearly doesn't matter, but of the proposed reasons:

-fallen tree? 1000/1 No, that would be a much more localised area closed off.

-bomb scare? 500/1 No, whether old war or new terrorist bomb it would have involved the calling out of the bomb squad. You can't hide a bomb squad, they drive tanks up the road, someone would have seen them.

-gas leak? 2/1 Quite likely, whether a natural or piped leak it would require a large exclusion area and the cease of radio comms / anything electric (like rides!) operating. Could also easily be resolved without drawing any attention.

-zombies? 10/1 Always an option. You'd be a fool to rule it out.

It seems unlikely to be revealed now.

I can't understand people's intense interest now. For the people that were ther on the day and had their chance at getting on the rides/around the park in time ruined, then they have a legitimate reason for wanting to know the reason - for everyone else it's just a mystery that would be nice to be solved.

EDIT: Interesting odds pluk, mine would be.

Suspect device/unattended bag: Evens

Gas leak: 33/1 (this would be dependent on wind direction and there is no logical application to the closed off areas)

Unidentified life form appearance: 10,000/1

The problem in this community at the moment is that there is an insatiable demand for evidence to back up everything that is said, even when it is unlikely that any hard evidence is likely to exist. Basically there seems to be little trust or respect between most members. This causes all sorts of problems in cases like this when the very best we're ever going to have is anecdotal evidence (that is of course unless Ian Crabbe has a complete nervous breakdown and forwards the entire contents of his inbox to the complete member-list).

A few year's ago what would have happened in this situation is that someone by now would have posted what had happened, and a friendly discussion would have ensued, basically taking that what that member had stated was most likely to be true (unless there was strong contradictory evidence).

What happens now is that if someone had been told what had happened and posted that in the forum, there would be a couple of posts friendly discussing what had been posted, before the evidence brigade piled in either demanding evidence (where no evidence will ever exist), saying the original member is talking rubbish (despite not knowing any better themselves) or just mocking (because mocking is entirely conducive to a free and frank exchange of information).

My point is, if someone did know what had happened and posted it here, there would be little point because they would be more or less sidelined or ignored. It's a shame really.

I think most of us have a good grasp of which members are "in the know" and can be trusted. I'm certainly not demanding "pics or it didn't happen", I'd just like to know one way or another what went down.

Diogo, no offense, and sorry if I caught you the wrong way but I must admit you sound really demanding.

If people can't give away information they can't give a definete answer on a public forum. Read through the thread again and believe who you want.

I'm afraid at this stage its the best your gonna get.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

268732_10151012828787515_2022742910_n.jpg

Why immediately discredit information that's posted just because of the name at the top of the post? Surely its all debatable? In the absence of any cold hard fact, you've got no choice but to consider that some rumours may have truth (in general, not just on this topic!).

No one can give you any more than they're prepared to offer, simply because we don't accept torture on TST ;) whether you choose to accept their words and mull it over as opposed to outright dismiss it.. well.. that's up to you :).

With regards this particular incident, who knows? Methane, bombs, BISON, branches, fluffy ducks... guess we'll never find out.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk