• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Route from Katanga Canyon to Forbidden Valley closed

Stelios said:
Towseriv said:
I heard they were clearing the coffins out of the cematary in the old extended duel queue line.

I may sound really stupid here, but a joke or the truth?
Heh.

I can't be the only one though who seriously wants to know what actually happened...

josht said:
Been on park today and everything has re-opened to guest hopefully it wasnt to serious

Thank GOD!!!

I was literally sweating buckets there for a minute. To me the reason for the closure was because -obviously- it was because they were losing revenue (heavily) from the shop as you pass by the rapids - by the £15 ago water guns. It seemed the most logical option as it's not in their heavy revenue placements. Seems plausible as they must maximise every money making spot. If it means cutting off half the park, then so be it! Guests will be without chocolate! Oh the humanity!! :eek:

Stelios said:
Towseriv said:
I heard they were clearing the coffins out of the cematary in the old extended duel queue line.

I may sound really stupid here, but a joke or the truth? If the latter, why would the Flume and ST be closed as they can store it in Duel Storage until being able to be removed whenever they want.

Anyway all in all speculation will always be speculation but the rides are back open again and everyone seems to be safe so let's look forward to Scarefest and (hopefully) move on and not dwell on this abysmal and complicated mess of the season.

Apparently the plan was to remove them with it just looking like maintainance, when they started digging to bring the second coffin out of the ground they found out that the grave had been robbed years earlier so they have had to call the police in to investigate. Even Mr Wardley himself could be a suspect, tussards put alot of valuable stuff with the coffins to make it more real so I heard.

It must be true becasue a mate of my cousins, girlfriends, mums, auntie actually has a friend that knows the guy that was doing to digging. ;)

Getting back to reality....
Whatever has happened, it is now obvious that it is being covered up by the park. Staff have obviously been given strict instructions to deny everything.
it is impossible to believe that no one on this forum knows what took place. There are enough current / ex staff members on here, as well as many more who have contacts high up in the park's ruling elete.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time something has been swept under the carpet. I know of a couple of incidents in the past, and I am sure there have been many more that I don't know about.

While I can understand why someone would not want to get their source in trouble for leaking the news, what I do not agree with is covering up news because the park has told us to, or because we want to keep in their good books.

If we want to be an indipendant site we should report on everything that happens at the park, good or bad. But if we are going to be complicit with a cover up, then we may as well become an official fan club and ban all critisism of the park alltogether.

Having said that... I'm not trying to imply that the team or anyone else actually is willingly censoring news. Just that I find it hard to believe no one knows what really happened.

I can assure you that the park has not told us to "cover up" any news, we report on anything we're able to properly verify through multiple sources. We do of course like to have good relations with the park, but I think past news articles on tickets prices, price cuts and the forum discussion more than demonstrates that we are an independent site and not simply posting the good news!

Although the closure of the incident sounds like a big deal to us, it would seem it was dealt with quickly and efficiently and in the wider picture of things didn't course too much of an issue for guests on that day.

Like I said, I don't mean to imply that TST is covering this up. But the park certainly seems to be doing just that. Someone on this forum must know what actually happened. Usually we report Alton news before the park does! :p

The trouble is that the less we get told, the more speculation builds, and the crazier the theories get. Covering up a minor incident makes it look worse than it is.

agreed Diogo, I think ignoring it looks great.

But I expect its an incident which was over and done with in a few hours and they have chosen not to disclose it - so Im not sure what else we can say.
We've heard stories, they have been mentioned in here, but nothing official. So we cant report something in case it isnt the correct story.

Does it really matter? Its open again, no one was hurt, the rides are still open blah blah blah ...... move on people, nothing to see here......

(but agree it would have been nice out of curiosity to have known the cause)

It does matter. As payng customers and loyal guests we have a right to know.

Yay as paying customers we deserve and are entitled to information we have not payed for!

Sorry Diogo, we have no right, we have no entitlement to know any information. We pay for entry to the park and that's all.

It would be nice to know, in a way it would be polite to have a public statement. But Alton Towers or Merlin do not owe you anything, I'm afraid.

Sorry but its one of my pet peeves hearing people believe they are entitled to things, when they aren't! :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Then I take it we also have no right to know what our government is doing with our tax money?

There's a big difference I'm afraid Diogo,

You are paying taxes versus buying a product.

You have received the product you have bought. Therefore you have recieved all you are entitled to.

I disagree. If it is something that has the potential to affect the safety of guests, then guests have a right to know.

DiogoJ42 said:
I disagree. If it is something that has the potential to affect the safety of guests, then guests have a right to know.

Maybe it was nothing that affects the safety of anybody therefore they've decided not to say anything!

I'm sure if you were on park on the day of question, you may have more of a case.

But even then in the small print it says they can close any ride the day of visiting.

Since it doesn't effect you personally at all, you have even less entitlement.

As for affecting guests safety, information wouldnt affect that in the slightest, the action would.

It obviously did affect the safety of guests hence they closed these areas of the park. No guests were harmed in any way and the areas are back open again now. While yes it would be nice to know, Alton have absolutely no obligation in any way to tell us the reason behind the closure of the area and you (and me) have no right to know in the matter.

Unfortunately.......