• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Route from Katanga Canyon to Forbidden Valley closed

Natalie

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Phantom Manor
Something is going on in the Valley, it is closed off from Katanga Canyon and staff members in the other areas are being told nothing. I am trying to get hold of any information I can and will update when I have the information. The radios between the areas are on lockdown so people outside of Forbidden Valley can't even gain access to information that way.

Apparent Gloomy Wood Closure

This may be all but fake, but since it's rather new only one source has confirmed it anyway but apparently Theme Park Central have just posted this:
reaking News: Alton Towers staff have cornered off the walkthrough of haunted hallow and walkthrough katanga canyon to duel area! There has been no other updates on the situation. We will update as the day goes on! -Jack
This surely means that something major has happened in the area or something will happen.

We do not currently have any photos but I'm constantly hitting refresh for any updates. I'm either really excited or really worried? Or is it just mere (early) clearing of the area for Duel: Live or a new Scaremaze since the car has returned recently we might see early preparation for the biggest Scarefest yet? Maybe even something for Sub-Terra: Live but if Gloomy is shut too I cannot but fear a accident or a powercut.

Since it's not confirmed to involve Scarefest as it may be a accident, I have made this a separate topic for now.

Heh, 3 minutes late! :p

Re: Forbidden Valley closed from Katanga Canyon

Topics merged :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Forbidden Valley closed from Katanga Canyon

Seeing as Gloomy Wood is built on a methane pocket, it could very well be a gas leak.
I am on the Park at the moment and Sub Terra is definatly closed.

Re: Katanga Canyon to Forbidden Valley closed

Reading into this,

If the Coms are down, I'm guessing they don't want any information intercepted by non-staff members? Must be pretty serious.

Not using electronic coms during a gas leak would also be a good idea, to try and avoid the rapid rearrangement of your body parts. So it might be that instead.

Sounds pretty serious, although not sure why Sub-Terra would be closed? That's well before the path from FV to GW?

Answer to above, it definetlly won't be scare fest related.

If it was it would be planned, and advance warning would be given to guests who plan to visit. Just like when they closed sub terra.

I hope its not to serious and it'll be back open and running asap!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

People need to be cautious about assumptions as rumors quickly spread, we are keeping a close eye on reports coming out of the resort and will update our FB and News system as and when anything becomes apparent.

For those who have not seen our status on the TS Facebook page - the Monorail is also closed. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw a Facebook status earlier and was like seriously? Its best to wait for official information before assuming something asw happened.

Considering the potential for methane around duel and the lack of radio usage, you could come to the conclusion its a gas leak or the gas from the ground around duel has become high enough to cause an evacuation. As the monorail passess over this area shutting this would be a precaution too.

BigDave said:
Yeah I saw a Facebook status earlier and was like seriously? Its best to wait for official information before assuming something asw happened.

Naturally it would be, but life as enthusiasts always causes us to investigate and suspect in only a manner that TST can.

And with more information occuring I consider myself crazy to even think that it was Scarefest related! Too late for a evac, which would be unneeded but the queues elsewhere must be big, probably Oblivion's biggest of the season and a Rita in the rain queue stretching at least 50 minutes considering it's a holiday. I just hope that nobody was hurt to ruin Towers' reputation. Bring on the disgruntled Facebook fans that I dearly hope that we don't get!

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion it is a gas leak. There are a number of things aside from a gas leak that may have happened today. Speculation is fine, although be careful with posting things that could be seen as fact.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The closure of the Monorail does suggest it's something moderately serious, if guests can't even me moved past the area in that proximity.

I have been told that the gas leak and fallen tree are just a cover up but they wouldn't tell me any more.