• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

Well it's good that they are for lighting because perhaps that will signal the end of floodlighting with those terrible generator lights. Read from the guy doing the lighting in Forbidden Valley (on Twitter) that whatever they can conjure up is going to be free or sourced for little to no cost by themselves. Very poor on the park's part that they don't provide more funds for this kind of thing.

They could be RGB LEDs inside those clear globes. That path was always very dimly lit, and is one of only two places on park that I would say needs more light (the other being Haunted Hollow).

The news that they want to do it on the cheap does not surprise me. After last year's lighting fiasco, and all the cost cutting this year, I'm not holding much hope for anything decent this year :(

World first rollercoaster! That's the first mention of it in marketing - confirms what we suspected all along. I really don't rate whatever the heck they were doing in that video though, so unconvincing.

Just finished watching the new video, I don't know about anybody else but it's certainly gotten me excited (and tumbling around in fear!) for this year's celebrations.

I wish I had speakers or headphones at work :( Can someone give me a transcript please? :p

Anyone else thinking that ambulance with the smile on the face would make a great theming object on park during Scarefest? :p

Really. Really. Really creeped out!

Unconvincing? I'm not looking for world class acting, I'm looking for some thrilling, conversation generating marketing - here we are :D!

The imposed smiley on the guys face is quite unnerving, and it gave me goosebumps.

The fact The Sanctuary is so clearly and strongly linked to SW7 is fantastic - hoping for a few hints as I tremble and scream my way around the maze!

Oohhh I feel a bit sick....!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Im sorry but those nurses and doctors sh!t me up! It looks very creepy, asylum style!

After the comments made in the video, am I right in thinking that some point in 'The Sancuary' you will be locked down, or 'contained' in a similar style to Experiment 10 at Thorpe park?

Very freaky indeed! Good work Alton! Going to cry now...

I have butterflies and can't wait to go through next Thurs. I want to be floored this year by the parks efforts and I think they might just have done it!

James said:
Anyone else thinking that ambulance with the smile on the face would make a great theming object on park during Scarefest? :p

There is a van as part of the themeing for SW7, could this be it?

The van is (was?) meant to be a surveillance van. Although there's a chance it could change - you never know with Alton. :)

Really liked the video, it's hard to say how much of that is inspired by the actual maze as that is being created in park and this was likely done by Alton PR company (hence being filmed in London). though I'm optimistic it will be a great maze :)

So, my initial reaction to the video... Oh Crap!!

I am sorry, but me and anything hospital related does not mix well, I am actually doomed this Scarefest!

But on a side note, OMG, how damn epic is that video! This whole thing is just sooo amazing, Towers have got to be onto a winner with this theme! The Ministry of Joy and the whole Smiley Face is just sooo very creepy it's perfect.

Also, one thing I will just say is, am I the only one that's getting this connection from the video;

Screenshot_34.jpg

The New Video, and,

Screenshot_35.jpg

Screenshot_36.jpg

;)

A very loose link I know, but it immediately made me think of it all the same :D

Exciting times ahead people!!

The production on that video's really good too, sat here watching it on a train platform and it's terrifying - I just cannot wait to experience this maze!

Interesting that it's more medical than scientific, as I thought it would be, but sooo good :)

After watching that video, it has got me so hyped for Scarefest and SW7! :D

Really looking forward to scarefest it's going be the longest week ever !!