• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

There'll still be generators on park this year - but who knows, one year they may eventually do away with them, great for guests and great for themselves with cost!

thefatone said:
There'll still be generators on park this year - but who knows, one year they may eventually do away with them, great for guests and great for themselves with cost!
What's a realistic alternative or what has been used in the past?

Realistic alternative is LED lighting like you see along paths this year - or installation of permenant lights around areas.

Won't be long and we'll be hearing this track again...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/G3KbNzujLtc[/youtube]

From 1:11 seconds...

Dean said:
Won't be long and we'll be hearing this track again...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/G3KbNzujLtc[/youtube]

From 1:11 seconds...

What is that! That's some really weird soundscape

It's been the audio for the first room of Terror of the Towers for about the last 3 years now. A very nice little creepy opening piece to the attraction I must say!!

It's not the first room track, this is the host briefing room audio...

http://youtu.be/JCtgTpxgwjc

The piece after 1:11 seconds is the second scene after the creates, literately just before the "STEP" going into the wallpaper bit... :)

While on the subject of TOTT, water the the fountain this year would be nice...!

Midnight Syndicate do some awesome music for scaremazes and you can buy them all on CD which is nice, I think they have a rehashed version of the Phantom Manor theme but have changed it slightly and renamed it Gargoyles.I have a couple of their albums on my iPod.

Speaking of the new LED lights, they are currently all in the farm around the tractor ride, then from the start of Katanya canyon all the way round up towards Duel. They were still busy installing them on Monday.

The old style lights (like the ones in TH13TEENS station) are currently in the path for the rapids and on the rapids lift as well, they will be done by generator as they have the plugs attatched to them ready to be plugged in.

In other exciting news! Alton Towers replied to someones post on Facebook earlier with this:

Hi Chris, Carnival of Screams is in the old Goal Striker building, The Sanctuary is in the Towers and Zombies! is located between the Towers and The Dark Forest!

Its pretty much what we have all been saying, but its now been confirmed by the park.

So The Sanctuary and TotT will be in the Towers. Interesting, but I'm sure they'll manage to get it sorted without any issues. :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

They might as well keep them up year round as they are study enough to save them putting them up and down.

Geeky question but has anyone managed to get any pictures of these new lights?

It's not the lamps themselves that matter, it's how the photons spewing out of them bounce off things that counts.

Diogo hitting the nail on the head once again.

I'm very interested by the confirmation of Zombies! location. If they use most of that pathway that'll be a very long and good use of a that path. Especially as when I was there in 2010 I remember seeing some idiots mucking around with the generators down there so it's good that it won't just be open but also well used.

Does anyone have any idea if these new lights are likely to be for floodlighting purposes (i.e. lighting everything brightly so it's safe at night) or if they are going to be used more artistically? As accurate as what Diogo said is, it would be nice to have a look at some then we can get a bit more of an impression how they will be used based on where they are.

Here are some photos of the new lights for you:

P1140279.jpg

P1140280.jpg

P1140281.jpg

:)

They seem like they're just for lighting and not for 'mood' effects then, which is a shame in some ways but positive in others - as it would be good for the park to have some permanent lighting elements put in place to save on the yearly lighting faff they encounter at this time every year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Apparently they can change colour, but I believe that when I see it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2