• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

Alton Towers Twitter account have recently posted a Sneak peek image of the front cover of the Scarefest 2012 map.

hgsmd.jpg

From TS News today:

With the traditional lighting generators now delivered, ready to be positioned parkwide, mysterious barriers appearing in the minibus car park, and Scarefest Preview Weekend just a week away, Alton Towers is truly heading into its halloween season!

Freedom Passes now on sale
As of last weekend, annual pass holders were able to collected their pre-purchased Scarefest Freedom Passes from the Resort Box Office. The cards themselves are plastic in a similar style to Annual Passes, with a photo of the cardholder, as shown in this TowersStreet Facebook Update and will be available for collection from Box Office for the duration of Scarefest.

Maze Locations Confirmed
Though widespread speculation across the TowersStreet community, as well as signs of construction in areas of the park, had already suggested it, a comment made on the resort's Facebook account has finally confirmed that The Sanctuary will be located inside the Towers, and the Carnival Of Screams in the GoalStriker building (adjacent to last year's Zombies! scare zone). Given that The Sanctuary will therefore be sharing a venue with Terror Of The Towers, it remains to be seen where the entrances and exits for both attractions will be located.

Spook up your phone!
Today, Alton Towers announced that in the next few days they will be releasing a Scarefest mobile app; from the preview given, we can assume that it will fulfill the functions of the standard AT app (such as live queue times and park information), while also providing maze-specific information. The purpose of the QR code button shown in the left hand corner remains to be seen, though may have been implemented for use with the codes on parkwide SW7 marketing.

Scarefest Merchandise Announced
Through the resort's official Twitter account, it was today revealed that among the Scarefest-exclusive purchases available this year will be limited addition Scarefest Mugs, and - new for 2012 - green donuts! These will presumably complement the previously available range of Scarefest-themed drinks and snacks available at eateries around the park.

No vacancies at the Altonville Motel
As of this week, the park have entirely sold out of Altonville scare rooms at the hotels, though limited Trick Or Treat rooms are still available. The return of the Scare Rooms for yet another year suggests that despite the premium charged for them, demand is still high!

Scarefest Map revealed
As part of an ongoing series of Scarefest updates on Twitter today, the park have so far revealed the cover for the 2012 Scarefest map. It is suspected that the full interior of the map will be revealed online very shortly, so stay tuned to TowersStreet's updates to be notified as soon as it is.

SW7 Construction Continues
With the new promotional video for SW7 released a few days ago (which presumably also ties in to promotion for The Sanctuary) we are happy to report that concrete is due to begin pouring within the next few days in preparation for the imminent arrival of track. Whether or not any vertical track construction will be seen with guests on park this season remains to be seen! For all the latest SW7 updates, check out our dedicated SW7 Minisite!

Submission Suffers
Finally, not all developments in X Sector have been positive, as Submission has been experiencing some significant downtime of late, and its current appearance would suggest that the ride may not be reopening for an extended period of time. We will update you as and when the ride reopens.

The coming month promises to be an exciting and busy one for Alton Towers, and will bring with it a haul of TowersStreet updates, so remember to stay tuned to the site, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for live updates from the park. In the mean time, come join us over on our lively forums to discuss all things Towers!

- Maggie :) x

I'm glad that they are doing mugs again like they did in 2010! I hope they are slightly less generic than the 2010 ones though. I'll probably end up buying one regardless!

And I'll have to try one of these green donuts!

:)

Two limited edition photo opportunities available this Scarefest: Terror of the Towers and Franklyn's Freaky Farm.

It's strange that they're not doing photos for the other two.
Maybe they didn't sell enough last year...

Or simply don't have the room. They have two mazes in the ruins and that might sound ok, but actually I have been looking into it and its a bit of a squeeze at best. I assume TOT will have its photo inside the first room a bit like last year.

BowMan said:
Does this mean that Zombies will be in the gardens?!

No, the Zombie Scare Zone will be behind the food outlets in the Dark Forest. Classic AT map misleading you though, as it will no doubt do for everyone who gets it in the park.

This "map" is anything but a map. I assume it'll only get worse when the full thing is revealed.

It's the usual map made spoke and the extra attractions added, the rest of the map will be the same layout as the normal one just with new colours and graphics.

Dave said:
It's the usual map made spoke and the extra attractions added, the rest of the map will be the same layout as the normal one just with new colours and graphics.

In previous years, each Scarefest map has been different to the previous, however this years is the same as 2011, just orange signs instead of green.

Looking at that map preview, I'm wondering if the Ghoul School is scheduled to replace Pirates of Mutiny Bay during Scarefest (though it's equally possibly it might just be a second show on the Trick or Treat Stage, or as Astrodan pointed out to me a replacement for Fin's Pirate Academy))

The Psychoaster said:
BowMan said:
Does this mean that Zombies will be in the gardens?!

No, the Zombie Scare Zone will be behind the food outlets in the Dark Forest. Classic AT map misleading you though, as it will no doubt do for everyone who gets it in the park.
Actually Dark Forest is a little higher up than the sign, and there is enough room up there to place it so to me it looks like the sign is closer to the road between Gloomy Wood & Forbidden Valley which i've heard rumours about being an location for zombies but i could be wrong :)

BigDave said:
Zombies IS on the path behind Dark Forest. Alton Towers confirmed this in a tweet.
Oh apologies, i haven't kept myself up to date on Towers tweets of recent :)
But yes! Thats an awfully placed sign then! ::) Still i think the maps looks great as a poster, not as a guide

The map looks awful, with all the Scarefest stuff it's far too cluttered. No one is going to be able to use that map to work out where Scarefest attractions are.

:)