• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

I dearly hope Field of 1000 Screams returns, that was the best maze ever - not just because of the location but because of the brilliant plot and actors. Any hope?

Is it confirmed that there will be two mazes inside the Towers?

I refuse to believe it, if it isn't...

:)

Stevie said:
Is it confirmed that there will be two mazes inside the Towers?

I refuse to believe it, if it isn't...

:)

Nope no confirmation yet but good sources have hinted... that said sometimes we as enthusiasts get teased. The moment we have something concrete it will come up on TS News :D

Every year, people hype up scarefest saying "ZOMG! This years is going to be da bestest evva!!!11" Yet every year, it's worse than the year before.

Given all the cuts so far this year, how can anyone have any confidence whatsoever that Scarefest will even be even half as good as last year's abomination? I wouldn't be surprised to see TotT being the ONLY maze this year. If the event even happens, that is.

Let's be honest, all the cuts so far have been announced only a few days before they happen. Thorpe still have posters advertising their fireworks, even though they are supposedly cancelled. I doubt we wll hear about it yet, but my money is on Scarefest not happenng.

DiogoJ42 said:
Every year, people hype up scarefest saying "ZOMG! This years is going to be da bestest evva!!!11" Yet every year, it's worse than the year before.

2010 was better than 2009, there where better mazes, better lighting and more atmosphere on park, the only thing that let 2010 down on the best years was a lack of stuff for young people to do... something they oddly fixed in 2011 but they let everything else slip.

If they can have the atmosphere of 2010, with the kids stuff of 2011 and up the game with the mazes they could make something to be proud of.

Tbh i cant see them moving the two mazes back to the hotels this year, its so mush easier for Alton and the public having them on site! Walking distance, security, staffing, etc

I can see Goal Strike (or what ever it is called) being used and the second maze being put in the towers!

I would love them to use one of the current buildings imaginatively for a maze, it really does look so much better than white tents. I do hope we don't just see them plonked anywhere though, it's nice to have at least 2 close by.

Regarding a second maxe in the tower, it sounds good but I'd be worried that it would be to similar to TOTT or clash to harshly with it, so a balance is needed.

Wonder whether the Zombie Scarezone will return? It was a decent usage of space last year, not sure if it will be brought back though as it was nothing special.

The Psychoaster said:
Wonder whether the Zombie Scarezone will return? It was a decent usage of space last year, not sure if it will be brought back though as it was nothing special.

I think it will be back this year, people have wanted a scare zone for sometime and also it wont cost them that much as they will use all existing equipment and props from last year! All they have to do is hire a few actors!

The Psychoaster said:

I thought it was pretty good myself. Fun, not very scary but well thought out use of space and well performed.

Really would like to see the zombie scare zone back also I really think they should bring back hauntedhollow enjoyed it first year it came round

Actually looking on google street view, the goal stiker is quite large. And with its proximity to the Zombie Scare Zone Im wondering if they could be combined - ie have the zombie path as part of the queue line or a pre-show.

oldgitben said:
Actually looking on google street view, the goal stiker is quite large. And with its proximity to the Zombie Scare Zone Im wondering if they could be combined - ie have the zombie path as part of the queue line or a pre-show.

Would be awkward though for those that wanted to go through the ZSZ but not into a full scare maze. I think it'll either come back on its own or not at all.

josht said:
Really would like to see the zombie scare zone back

Almost certain that this will come back, it scored very well with guests and had a very high throughput.

josht said:
Really would like to see the zombie scare zone back also I really think they should bring back hauntedhollow enjoyed it first year it came round

Cant see the return of haunted hollow as its a large area and i believe they had a few issues with actors being abused/attacked! The zombie scare zone is much more compact and easy for security to patrol!

Matty said:
josht said:

Cant see the return of haunted hollow as its a large area and i believe they had a few issues with actors being abused/attacked! The zombie scare zone is much more compact and easy for security to patrol!
Really I can see why it has been scraped

Can't wait for scarefest this year I'm going to try and go every weekend. Anyone else going every weekend?

I really liked the zombie scare zone, It was nice as a walk through and not as "hard core" as a scare maze. Some of the actors were also really good in it last year.

Zombie's IS back, I was lucky enough to speak with who I believe was the head of ents last year about it, either way he was very high up taking down guest opinions and talking with staff, he also mentioned they was planning on adding a few more.

Personally I could see Haunted Hollow coming back IF security is stronger and dotted along the path in a way that's easy to monitor. I never got to do the original so this would be fantastic too.

2 mazes in The Towers sounds strange, I personally can't see the upstairs being used unless guests have to go up there first due to H&S, Imagine all the people falling on the steps e.t.c, which walk way would they use to go up to start? I personally hope they don't use it on a 2nd floor, I get major vertigo going up and would probably cause major issues although I'd push forward.

Hotels I can see mazes returning too, although I'm not sure exactly what, most likely carnival and something new.

Yup Zombies is returning unless anything drastic has happened, Haunted Hollow Live wont return as its too wide an area to control unlike Zombies.

As for using 2 floors in the towers and H&S issues... you already have to descend a very steep and narrow flight of stairs on the current ToTT so it's nothing more than they have cleared in previous years. They always light the stairs well and never scare people on them.