• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

Scare Rooms will not be returning for 2012 I believe.

They've had too many complaints from others guests over the noise made in the past, so it's been decided not to go ahead with them this year.

Chopping and changing!

They can't make their minds up about them. They've come and gone a few times since 2007!

I never did one mind as the cost was absurd.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The scarerooms were worth a go, shame not to be able to do one this year :-( ah well. Perhaps next year they will forget about the complaints again and have another go at them!

Or they could get Snoozebox in to sort out a couple of containers to put next to the hotel with added scary bits? :p

I have just purchased a freedom pass really looking forward to scarefest with it only a few weeks away

Rob, Russell, Magrathea and myself have all stumped up for the Freedom pass. I always end up on park desperate to do the mazes, and feeling awful about spending so much money - not now! I'll easily get £50 worth out of it :).

Also saves the disappointment of not having a 'decent' run through - just go back later :D.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I suppose I had better buy one then...!

I don't think I would have spent £50 on them to tell the truth (last year, I did the mazes 4 times each) - but with TOTT fastrack...

I have also bought one, pretty much for the reasons Saz has said, and with quite a few people having them I wont be alone doing the mazes :p

I know last year I did the paid mazes at least 6 times during my visit (sometimes using half price, 20% off, etc). This year I have a weeks holiday from work which falls during scarefest so will more than likely spend more time on park than I did last year.

I've never been at the park during Scarefest before, but will be there on the 19th and am looking at buying the maze tickets just now. I was just wondering if it makes that much difference to the maze experience if you do them earlier in the day (say 2pm)? We're all a bit reluctant to pay £13 to go in at a later time.. ::)

Sorry for double post - couldn't find a way to edit..

I noticed that the T&Cs of the maze tickets says that you must visit both mazes within 40 mins of the time slot...the queues can't be that long then? I was expecting to stand for ages, but not if we have to get both done in 40 mins.

I plan to spend as much time as possible at Towers during Scarefest this year, and thus for me the Freedom ticket should be brilliant, especially now I know others are doing it too :D

Danielle said:
I've never been at the park during Scarefest before, but will be there on the 19th and am looking at buying the maze tickets just now. I was just wondering if it makes that much difference to the maze experience if you do them earlier in the day (say 2pm)? We're all a bit reluctant to pay £13 to go in at a later time.. ::)

As far as I'm aware, the experience will not be different at different times throughout the day. For example, you wont get a more intense experience at 7pm compared to 1 or 2pm. It'll be pretty much the same experience. There may be different actors, who use different/better tactics to scare you, but overall, it should be the same. :)

Danielle - as tickets for mazes are timed, generally you will not experience a queue of more than 10-15 minutes.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

So the freedom pass gives the user the ability to go to any maze at any time within reason? And if there are only 100 of them available a large percentage of the passes are going to be in TST possession haha

Just been looking at the Staffordshire Half Term for October, and the dates I've found are as follows...

Monday 29 October – Friday 2 November

Looks like most of Scarefest will be over by the time Staffordshire school's break up, so this year could be a busy Fireworks period...

This year will probably be incredibly busy for fireworks, due to the way the holidays fall.

But does lead to wonder why on earth they're keeping that 6pm on Thursday. With half the guests expecting Scarefest, the other half expecting fireworks and all of them expecting 9pm ride close.. surely is a bit of a silly decision?!

thefatone said:
This year will probably be incredibly busy for fireworks, due to the way the holidays fall.

But does lead to wonder why on earth they're keeping that 6pm on Thursday. With half the guests expecting Scarefest, the other half expecting fireworks and all of them expecting 9pm ride close.. surely is a bit of a silly decision?!

6pm is two hours later than the intravening period traditionally is. With it being a school holidya this year, it may make the park busier to justify it, but those dates attracted very few people in recent years.