• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2013: Discussion

Tom said:
It says that entrance to Terror of the Towers is included with the entry ticket and that it is open until 9pm. Clearly the website is...not clear.

It looks like they did a copy and paste job from last years pages but forgot to check it over!

If TOTT is paid this year though that's a bit of a shame. I'd rather see Carnival be charged for. Scarefest has always been about having TOTT free - as it's more 'at home' out of all the scare mazes.

In the big scheme of things it makes no difference as I would assume something ranging above 80% (probably even above 90%) of guests buy combo tickets anyway - but psychology it will make a massive difference to those who have visited the event before (including the general public) and may not work out well.

Im not bothered, I think CoS may be better free as it can plough more people through than ToTT so the queues may be shorter for those not wanting to pay to enter a scaremaze.

My main gripe will come when I see the maze prices probably!!!!

My predictions: £8 for a single maze. £14 for a combo ticket (or £15 at a push).

Wouldn't surprise me if prices are around that much.

Just spotted this on the kids page:
4js2.png

The logo has not been updated... oh dear. Whoever updates these pages really needs to check it over a few times before publishing. Sites like this (TowersStreet) are far more reliable for up-to-date, error free content these days! You would at least expect the UKs leading theme park to provide the same.

Dont forget the prices will increase for evening tickets. Could we be approaching the £20 mark for both mazes after 7pm (when the park is open after 7pm that is!!!)

Urggghh.

This line-up just bores me. I don't feel like there's much to warrant more than one visit, if that.

No new attractions and scaled down event. I imagine there will be minimal theming and a continuation of pay to play mazes. I'm not bothering this year

Stagnant, stagnant stagnant! The fact that Sanctuary is again a paid for maze is also shocking considering it was free for the beginning of this season for quite a while!

The only plus is the move of "Franklyn's whateveritscalled" to Fountain Square as it sort of centralises everything. But, on the other hand that then begs the question as to what they're going to have across the rest of the park to show a Halloween event is taking place?! I'm going with nothing unfortunately :(

Very glad Carnival is returning. Even though it had it's downfall in 2011 it came back very well last year and wouldn't mind if it was the same (although a slight change would be nice). Terror of the Towers.... cmon! I hope this is just there usual copy exactly what last year was and paste it in then explain everything later on in greater detail. All I can say is I will be very annoyed If it is the same. The layout has got boring to my mates who aren't even enthusiast! The Sanctuary I bet will be fantastic again with hopefully I nice new element stuck in there! All I can really hope is the lights this year shall be sorted!

Nice to see that whoever is in charge of updating the website has checked it over before letting the details go live. Oh wait. ::)

The descriptions are all just copied and pasted from last year. The same page says that TOTT is free and paid for at the same time. The logo for Franklin's Freaky Fun Zone is last year's for Franklin's Freaky Farm. These basic errors are so so poor. It comes across as so amateur.

I can now only hope that the mazes aren't identical to last years. Not getting my hopes up for that though. I'd imagine The Sanctuary will stay broadly the same which is ok but with no new attractions at all you'd like to think one of Carnival or TOTT will see relatively major changes.

:)

Take a screen shot of the website (now) with you to the park when you visit and ask them for your free ticket to TOT. :D

£8 for a maze just sounds mental to me in any case so I won't be partaking.

Croftybaby said:
Take a screen shot of the website (now) with you to the park when you visit and ask them for your free ticket to TOT. :D

£8 for a maze just sounds mental to me in any case so I won't be partaking.

Last year the price per maze varied between £4.50 and £6.50 if you used the combi ticket.... will be curious how the prices change this year.

Another year goes by where apparently "family" means pre teen children's entertainment and nothing else. As the mazes are paid for, and Carnival is appalling anyway, what exactly is there that constitutes family, or even something to differentiate from a normal day at the park?

All I'd be interested in now is if they could turn the LEDs off on Duel for a change. I'm not asking for the return of Duel Live or for them to add actors either. Is that too much to ask for? :p

I'm not saying it will be any different, but we can't say Carnival will be awful. It was epic in 2010, if they can get that back then it's fine.

The website's been updated since, with the image for Franklyn's Freaky Zone changed and the text about ToTT being included with your park ticket removed.

Events like this should get better year on year, but I can't help but feel underwhelmed with Scarefest at the moment. Mazes should be refreshed each year, and were being changed completely after every 3 years. Now everything's looking stagnant and without a budget for parkwide theming/lighting. :(

Scarefest sounds poor.

Lack of changes.

Dull.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yay.

With the event seemingly staying exactly the same, with reduced ride close at the only time it's fantastic going, sounds like this event is well worth visiting this year.

One question I ask myself is;

What are Towers management smoking? It must be some strong s*** if they think it's the best thing to do.

It is clear that the budget for Scarefest is nowhere near to anything that could be considered substantial. It's completely the wrong way to go about the event. It should be expanded year on year, not reduced. I don't think anyone would mind the same 3 mazes if there was say a new forth maze or a new second more intense scare zone.

:)

To me, everyone is getting annoyed and angry, at an event which hasn't even kicked off or anything. All you have seen, is some logo's, text and a predictable and appropriate mention about the mazes being charged. You're all getting grumpy and angry, over seeing the line-up. How do we know that they may of changed Terror of the Towers round? Or Carnival of Screams? No one knows anything, except the line-up. It's an event, they haven't had the best of years, or best of budgets by the seems, so lets thank them for accutally letting Scarefest return. Remember, this event is not for us enthusiasts at all. It's for the public. If things went down a storm last year with the visitors and general public, then why shouldn't they bring the same line-up back? Makes sence, no?

I for one am pleased about the line-up. I couldn't care if the mazes are the same to be honest. If they get the queues from the public, and get good reports from them about the mazes, then all i say is bring the same mazes back again.

Thank you, and well done to Alton Towers and the Entertainments team.

PS: Don't get angry over an event, which for 1. Hasn't even kicked off, and for 2. None of us know about yet. Because face it, none of us know at the moment if some of the mazes will have changed, do we? Even if they haven't, like I said, it's not for us enthusiasts, it's for the general public and visitors. Stop moaning, and think of the positives. Were lucky to get events like this with the amount of cuts and money loss recently.

Rant. Over. :)