• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

This morning it looks like
image.jpg

Well we know Merlin love a good shipping container! We also know entertainment have a few spare from carnival. And there is also no bushes in the way there anymore!

They could always cover the contains with some drapes of some sorts, that would at least make it look less ugly.

Or they could create a facade out of wood, a bit like the carnival entrance just on a larger scale. It would be more expensive but would make it look good.

So want to get this year, do we know if they still do the later enterence for scarefest

Blooming heck, I certainly anticipated Towers to blow the budget on Scarefest this year but not this much! How many new mazes?! The hype is real.

EDIT: Stelios beat me to it, but the mazes do sound interesting and so do the scare zones, glad there making dark forest alive again. Hopefully with some wraiths!

That really does look amazing. That's 3 mazes, 2 scarezones (at least), and an ultimate experience. I never go for scarefest but I want to this year.

EDIT: not a great promotional video though. Looks like an 8 year old made it

Terrible video but all the new stuff is great. I'm intrigued by these new mazes, sounds like we're getting some new kind of experiences compared to the mazes we've had since 2007. Exciting stuff.

Now... will the family attractions be any different. Family offerings have been the same for far too long, although with all the changes for the 'adult' attractions I'm interested in seeing whether family attractions will be any different too.

Terrible video but all the new stuff is great. I'm intrigued by these new mazes, sounds like we're getting some new kind of experiences compared to the mazes we've had since 2007. Exciting stuff.

Now... will the family attractions be any different. Family offerings have been the same for far too long, although with all the changes for the 'adult' attractions I'm interested in seeing whether family attractions will be any different too.

Seems the family attractions remain the same for another year according to the website. http://www.altontowers.com/things-to-do/scarefest/#freaky-family-fun

What is more interesting is, Sub Species: The End Games will be very similar to Cabin In The Woods, in the sense that there will be separate routes you can take. And in Haunting Of Molly Crowe, most of the experience will be experienced blind-folded.

Sub Species: The End Games is a live action horror maze which will push the boundaries of anything the Alton Towers Resort has ever done before. You will descend deep underground to a post-apocalyptic sewer system, here your group will be split up and you will choose your own route in an attempt to avoid the creatures that chase after you. Unlike our other mazes, the creatures may touch you. If you are lucky enough to escape, Sub Species: The End Games features two alternative endings making each visit completely unique

The Haunting of Molly Crowe is a multisensory live action horror maze that throws you back in time to the exorcism of a cursed Victorian Manor House. You will be hooded and therefore, completely blindfolded for the majority of the experience which will heighten your senses making this one of our most extreme and claustrophobic mazes to date.

Isn't that a H&S nightmare having people walk around a small space blindfolded? Sounds interesting though.

End games (don't know why, but I really like that name) sounds like a bit of a money grab though, having to experience it (and pay for it) twice to see it all.

Also like the fact that DF hasn't been overlooked this year. The area was practically made for scarefest! Hopefully this will spread people out slightly and they will put it at the far end of DF rather than right next to the other mazes.

Are there other scarezones other than the 2 New ones?

Great to see it all officially confirmed, clearly a huge budget increase which has been long overdue!

Just a shame that there has been no budget for that promotional video which is nothing short of shockingly bad! Please promote Scarefest well Alton Towers!

:)