• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

The names of some of these are slightly ridiculous. I'm intrigued to know where the Forbidden Valley Scarezone would be located! The never used Sub Terra queue area perhaps?

I think the scare zones will operate differently than they have in previous years. So more like actual scare zones within the park rather than a controlled maze like environment.

If we are being honest this is the annoucement that we all wanted and then some! Two new mazes, two new scare zones and a new route for TotT. The two new maze concepts sound very interesting.

The only thing I'm not keen on is some of the names they've gone for but if the mazes themselves are good I won't really care!

:)

The names of some of these are slightly ridiculous. I'm intrigued to know where the Forbidden Valley Scarezone would be located! The never used Sub Terra queue area perhaps?
I imagine they'll just have some actors roaming around Forbidden Valley.

Very pleased to hear of a major revamp for Scarefest.

Disappointed that ToTT is keeping the What Lies Within theme even though they're planning a new route. Why not just change theme as well?

Disappointed that The Sanctuary has left. After ToTT it's probably been the strongest maze of all the ones towers have done since they started doing Halloween entertainment.

Amused that Scary Tales has only lasted one season.

Excited that the new Scare Zones actually sound like proper ones and not what towers were doing previously.

Nervous about the pricing scheme.

Untill i hear it from the horses mouth im not gonna believe a word

I can assure you that it is worth believing!
Very pleased to hear of a major revamp for Scarefest.

Disappointed that ToTT is keeping the What Lies Within theme even though they're planning a new route. Why not just change theme as well?

Disappointed that The Sanctuary has left. After ToTT it's probably been the strongest maze of all the ones towers have done since they started doing Halloween entertainment.

Amused that Scary Tales has only lasted one season.

Excited that the new Scare Zones actually sound like proper ones and not what towers were doing previously.

Nervous about the pricing scheme.

I agree that it is a tad disappointing that TotT keeps the same theme, I'd imagine it will be much of the same scenes just with a new layout. I suppose with two new mazes and two new scare zones they did not have the money to completely change TotT as well, maybe this will come next year.

I'm pleased that The Sanctuary has left. It was great in its first year but by last year it had got far too boring and repetitive. A great concept though and it's hopefully an indication of the quality of maze we might be getting with the two new ones.

Scary Tales was very very last minute last year. As in there was meant to be a third maze, it was cut very late on and Scary Tales was quickly put together. I guess with the change in concept for the scare zones there was no place for it in this years event.

Pricing is a concern for me also. I do hope that one of the mazes is free, I think they will do this as a free mazes entices guests to pay for the other two. I'd imagine if one was to be free it would be TotT. Will be interesting to see if the Freedom Pass returns this year as well.

Will be interesting to see if the Freedom Pass returns this year as well.
It's not.
ywLnXS1.png

Doesn't surprise me as I think it caused more issues than it was worth. However with new mazes I would have shown interest in getting one this year.

Excellent news! I'm interested to see where the new mazes/zones will be specifically located. My guesses are...

ToTT: The Towers (obviously)
Haunting: Towers - Old Sanctuary route
SUB-Species: Carnival location 2013

Dark Apocalypse: Honestly I have no idea for this one!
Infernus: Zombies location 2014

I'm thinking this year the Scare Zones will take place in the relevant lands as opposed to running on a separate one-way path. Earlier this year Alton Towers Entertainments visited PortAventura to see how they presented their events. I can see / hope Towers creating Scare Zones in their style.

ToTT: The Towers (obviously)
Haunting: Towers - Old Sanctuary route
SUB-Species: Carnival location 2013

It's likely all three mazes will be in the Towers this year. They've done a lot of work whilst they were closed a few weeks ago to rig up areas that haven't previously been used for mazes.

The article from ScareTour states where the zones will be

Forbidden Valley: Dark Apocalypse

Dark Forest: Nox:Infernus
I was trying to be specific. It's all very well saying which park area they will be in, I'm just trying to think where exactly in the area will be convenient for the zone to go. :)

I was trying to be specific. It's all very well saying which park area they will be in, I'm just trying to think where exactly in the area will be convenient for the zone to go. :)

I think they might cover a large part of the area, a freeform wander through thing rather than a prescribed route.

Love the sound of all this.

Shame TOTT has the same theme but since they've gone for a new route that shows some effort so I'll let them off keeping the same theme.

The names of the mazes and scare zones do sound like a mouthful but it does sound like thought has gone into everything.

Looks set to be a good end of season for ents. Great time for them to shine, they are a brilliant team and I'm glad they are able to create new concepts and experiences this year.

Now it will be interesting to see what Towers announce tomorrow, that hasn't already been *unofficially* announced. :)