• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

It'll be a bit embarrassing when you take your hood off and realise the 'maze' is in one large room where you've been walking around in circles, there are two speakers and a cd player in the corner, and you can see 4 teenagers in jeans and t-shirts going 'boo' to guests with hoods on. :p

I'm interested in seeing how they pull it off, what area it will cover and how they will guide you so you can walk. When I read about the hoods/blindfold thing 'cheap' came straight to mind. Who knows though, it could be a good experience depending on how it's executed.
That's quite a funny image you've created, I fear it won't be too far from the truth. I imagine you will be lead through by holding on to a guide rope, that's how other blindfolded mazes are run.

They will probably just knock up a "maze" with Harris fencing and ply wood, unpainted.

I struggle to understand how blindfolds will fit into a maze about the haunting of a girl. I mean, they have their place in certain mazes, but surely not this! I look forward to reading reviews. :p

I struggle to understand how blindfolds will fit into a maze about the haunting of a girl. I mean, they have their place in certain mazes, but surely not this! I look forward to reading reviews. :p

If you look at the girl you die? Or something like that anyway, easy to make up.

Although if you can have a maze as disjointed as TOTT run for years on end I doubt anyone apart from us will give a feck why you have to be blindfolded. :p

I struggle to understand how blindfolds will fit into a maze about the haunting of a girl.

Entertainments with a larger than usual budget, that's how.

I'm sure there'll be a method in the madness.

I'm not going to make a decision until I've done the maze or at least read some descriptions of it if I don't go to scarefest. It could be a fully immersive experience that beats all other mazes on storyline and execution. However it could be a cheep way to add another maze to push the multi ticket price up and please the fan sites that haven't seen a new maze in years.

I wouldn't overly trust the marketing descriptions if I'm honest, being blind folded sounds scary so they will over emphasise this element.

It's hardly going to be a money saving thing, that maze is themed around an old Victorian manor... Think it's location is kinda fortuitous really.

But on that note the scariest maze I have ever done was just pitch black with actors who had torches. It was about as cheap as you could get yet terrifying.

It'll be a bit embarrassing when you take your hood off and realise the 'maze' is in one large room where you've been walking around in circles, there are two speakers and a cd player in the corner, and you can see 4 teenagers in jeans and t-shirts going 'boo' to guests with hoods on. :p

I'm interested in seeing how they pull it off, what area it will cover and how they will guide you so you can walk. When I read about the hoods/blindfold thing 'cheap' came straight to mind. Who knows though, it could be a good experience depending on how it's executed.

As someone involved in the attraction - I find all this a bit offensive. Please just wait and see what happens :)

Hooded mazes are excellent imho. It really adds 'something different' and creates such a different experience. I don't think your hood will be kept on for the entire maze however, it will be taken off a key points. Think along the lines of the weeping angel things from Dr who mixed with the Blair witch project. I think this will be a success and if done well (I'm sure it will be) could be one of the best mazes we've ever had. It's actually amazing how acute the rest of your senses are when you remove one of them. Things that you wouldn't hear, feel, touch, smell but most importantly think, will create something special.

The scene must be set well before you are hooded though. Plant the seed for the experience ;)

It's not all about money, it's about inovation and ideas - as smaller parks - and some Alton Tower staff that take things upon their selves at Scarefest - have proven on numerous occasions.

I wonder if the hoods will be similar to the ones used in the passing at Thorpe a few years ago. They were like a hessian material so you could see through them but not clearly. They also had small speakers in them saying different things randomly

The problem with the passing was that the speakers rarely worked. We did it 4 times on MAP night and never got a working set of speakers, which meant the rest of the maze didn't really make sense.