• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

On Saturday or Sunday, can someone ask the staff at the entrance to HoM (or in the box office) what the best\quietist time is to do HoM and if it is lightly to be toned down based on the time of day or not?

Also, can anyone take some pictures of the Hotel's Scarefest decorations this year?

HOM is family based aimed at children but also great fun for adults alike. It's not really a scare maze but more like a child friendly London Dungeon attraction. It has great thememing and fun iteration. I've not done it this year, but I have my ticket booked for the end of the Scarefest. So I doubt that there will be a specific time to do it for maximum effect.

I've went to the PrimEvil event in Norfolk last night and I had a VIP ticket, so I could redo the mazes as many times as I like. All that I can say, is that no two of of the re-walk thought were the same, they still manage to make me jump just as much on my last walk through as much as my first.

I personally would just book the time that suites you. I should imagine being family orientated, that the HOM would be more popular during the day as families tend to leave the park early.

Because it's an inside maze, I personally wouldn't worry too much about doing it after dark.

@Britford - if you have seen the hotel decs over other Halloween events then it is no different to be honest. Some new lights on the ship I noticed but not sure if that was scarefest related or not.

The reason I ask about HoM is because, I did it twice last year!

1st time was on my own in the daytime and it was very good!

The 2nd was at night and it was more crowded than my last run. They even shortened some of the scenes to increase throughput (they left out the black light riddle in skeleton johns room for example)

You probably find that no two scaremaze runs will ever be the same, actors will take a break and rotate and different actors will play a different role, and if they are filling in for those that have taken a break, it is easy for them to miss things out or forget what comes next etc...

On the subject of Scarefest, these are being posted on FB (Thanks to Mr P Jones) apparently now available on park at a cost of around £3.50 (before MAP discount)

JD6VLCE.jpg

Looking at Towers Street Facebook , a past from 2 hours ago shows nemesis bathed in red light. So maybe there is truth in that comment from towers that the full lighting won't be switched on until the last week of Scarefest.

Did anyone know this existed? Because it’s hilarious and I thought 2013 was the last time they did this.

Overcoming my fear of Scare Mazes
Hello there members,
I am currently fourteen years old and will be turning 15 next year. So that means I am legally permitted to experience the Alton Towers scare mazes. I am currently in a position where I am terrified. This year I am going to Frightwater Valley to experience my first scare maze (because the maze there isn't as intense). I would love tips, advice and your first time stories!

All I can say is being scared and nervous is a natural human emotion so don't feel bad about it. Just remember when you go into one of the mazes that it's pretend, you can leave, you won't get hurt, and most of all, just enjoy it. Enjoy the adrenaline pumping, enjoy the props, the music, the effects, and have fun.

Did anyone know this existed? Because it’s hilarious and I thought 2013 was the last time they did this.

They have done one each year since the sanctuary. They did one this year, but the YouTube video had been taken down so I think they posted it too early by mistake. Should be back up soon.

Hello there members,
I am currently fourteen years old and will be turning 15 next year. So that means I am legally permitted to experience the Alton Towers scare mazes. I am currently in a position where I am terrified. This year I am going to Frightwater Valley to experience my first scare maze (because the maze there isn't as intense). I would love tips, advice and your first time stories!

Walk around Freak Show for a bit. It's the most similar "Free" thing you would get. The only other thing to do is to throw yourself into it and enjoy it. Worth it for the sneaky lore peek in The Welcoming.

Hello there members,
I just did my first scare maze earlier at towers which was the welcoming. Maybe not the most scary but my advice is try and not get worried - it will be over in 10 minutes or so. Take a mate in who you can have a laugh with and remeber the actors are just normal people. Good luck! ;)