• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

That appears to be a new entrance which could at least indicated a new route for TotT this year!?

:)
It is also impossible to discount this being a new maze entirely that is reusing some elements of TotT's themeing as a cost cutting measure :)

Of course, it shows that something different this year at least, whether that be a new route for an existing maze of a new maze all together.

That appears to be a new entrance which could at least indicated a new route for TotT this year!?

Well at the end of that corridor is the cage maze at the end so i very much doubt that. Unless we go through that first. ;)

Ah did TotT exit around there last year then? I only did it once last year so forget!

I'm pretty much guessing it's going to be the same line up as last year. This time last year Alton had released a sneak teaser about Altonville Mines so i doubt there will be anything new. Its quite upsetting really as i was hoping something would swoop in and take TOTT's place. I personally think that maze is way outdated now and i'm probably not the only one to think that.

Don't get me wrong it would be incredibly sad to see the signature maze go but its getting stale. I'm keen to find out what everybody's ideal maze would be? Any thoughts? :)

TOTT might not have been the best maze there in recent years, but I still love it. As I said in the past on here, just need to do away with the conger line with putting your hands on the person in front and just rank up the scares a bar or two, simples

TOTT might not have been the best maze there in recent years, but I still love it. As I said in the past on here, just need to do away with the conger line with putting your hands on the person in front and just rank up the scares a bar or two, simples

It could do with a little more than that. It needs a revamp. IMO of course.

If the layout is unchanged from last year, this will be (I think) three years of the same TotT layout and at least eight of the same content (my first Scarefest was 2010). I have no intention of paying for that maze this time when it was stale five years ago.

I'm correct in thinking that this year is the tenth anniversary of Scarefest. Hope they have something big planned to celebrate :)

Then again I could be completely wrong in which case. Move along, nothing to read here o_O

Is the house of monsters suitable for a 4 year old? And was there AP discount for this maze?

Alton Towers recommend age 8+ but if your child is brave enough then i doubt they'd mind. Annual pass discount wasn't available as it was only £5 per person but i'm not 100% certain on that one so somebody may have to correct me.

Alton Towers recommend age 8+ but if your child is brave enough then i doubt they'd mind. Annual pass discount wasn't available as it was only £5 per person but i'm not 100% certain on that one so somebody may have to correct me.

And was there AP discount for this maze?

I visited House of Monsters twice, once on the first day where I got discount, once I didn't so I think the main rule was no discount but those on the first day were not aware.

Sorry to double post but a bit of a scarefest update. The outdoor construction is underway with two shipping containers and the crawl tubes now on the site ready to be put in the placement for the maze itself.

SAM_1253.JPG

sam_1252.jpg

sam_1258.jpg

In regards to ToTT, there seems like there will be a new exit procedure this year as the gothic corridor seems to extend out longer than previous years, as normally you would exit via the single door just before the area that was the sanctuary "waiting room".

img_20170806_132407.jpg