• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

I'm not willing to dismiss the use of the stage, until we get a better angle. we don't know if its blocked on just that 1 side or not.
Again, could just be the angle, but does anyone else think it looks glaringly short, for a maze?

From the photos posted on TowersStreet Facebook yesterday you can clearly see three light structures on the top of the skull, shaped like the runes "SW8".

So my deduction is yes, the stage will be used!

From the photos posted on TowersStreet Facebook yesterday you can clearly see three light structures on the top of the skull, shaped like the runes "SW8".

So my deduction is yes, the stage will be used!

Here's the best photo I could get of the light structure on the stage yesterday (the weather didn't help!)
7a0076e502d3e1d71a8ad7929cc3dd99.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've never been brave enough to enter any scare mazes in my life (I'm just a teenager). I did the London Dungeon this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. How scary is ToT and what age do you recommend?

Indeed, it is actually a much larger space than it looks. Anyway, it more about how you use space rather than just how much there is.

:)

To start speculating, where do you think the entrance / exit of The Welcoming will be?

I think you will enter Battle Galleons side, mainly because the entrance looks a bit grander, they could also replace the two banners with The Welcoming banners to give a clear entrance. The archway also allows a decent sized briefing room.

The exit, I'm not sure... My gut seems to think the SW8 side as that seems more fitting to throw you out to signs of the new ride.

Here are some photos from Sunday (not fantastic due to the weather conditions)

sam_1413.jpg

img_20170903_131517.jpg

img_20170903_131527.jpg

img_20170903_160626.jpg

img_20170903_160630_1.jpg

It's only done for the form work for the restaurant. Use the timber for the maze, then repurpose it for the smoke house.

Unless they nicked the wood from SW8 and make sure there is a delay.

Joking aside, it's a great use of dead space, whoever came up with this idea needs a pat on the back. Atmosphere will be amazing.

I am really hoping it will exit into the Tavern, would make a great atmosphere in there at Halloween remembering back to Room 13 exiting into Dragon Bar.

It also appears we may have some crawling to do. Unless these lead into the rat runs for the actors. Who knows haha!

BDcigOk.png

That looks like a "gotcha hole" to me. It seems to connect to the middle of a dead end coridoor.

I wonder what the plan is for roofing all this? I'd have thought the easiest way would be a socking great tent over the whole courtyard. But surely that would be the first thing built? I'm starting to think it might be an open air maze.

That looks like a "gotcha hole" to me. It seems to connect to the middle of a dead end coridoor.

I wonder what the plan is for roofing all this? I'd have thought the easiest way would be a socking great tent over the whole courtyard. But surely that would be the first thing built? I'm starting to think it might be an open air maze.
Looks like no roof as the top of the walls are all different lengths wood same as the wall finish around the sw8 site. Will be fun to do during daylight hours befor dark :rolleyes:

I can only imagine it being an open air maze. Im guessing thats why this maze only opens at 5:30 when its going dark ;)

FO1KS was outdoors, didn't see any issues...

Sometimes, there is little need for Acronyms, as that one just looks silly.

Scarefest this year appears to be progressing rather well. I'm not convinced the maze in the courtyard is going to be very roomy, but we will see.