• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

It would be cool to use the welcoming, as an open air maze for kids from like 12:00 to 4:30. It won't happen, but that would be good wouldn't it?

They could always put black canvas type materials over the area to black it all out, wouldn't cost too much and would do the trick if tied down correctly

It would be cool to use the welcoming, as an open air maze for kids from like 12:00 to 4:30. It won't happen, but that would be good wouldn't it?

Not really? If it is set up as 'thrill' maze, which I assume it is, then from a thematic point of view it's not really going to be suitable for that.

It may end up being covered or at least part covered in the end anyway.

:)

I've never been brave enough to enter any scare mazes in my life (I'm just a teenager). I did the London Dungeon this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. How scary is ToT and what age do you recommend?

Depends how easily you scare. In ToTT no one touches you, its just a case of walking through dimly lit areas of the towers, with props, lighting, smells, noises etc and people jump out on you or follow you down corridors making noises in your ear or up to your face. Dont forget you will be in a group of about 10 each with arms of each others shoulders so you dont feel alone as such.

Whereas Sub Species was totally different, with the actors touching you, grabbing you and forcing you to split from the rest of the group so you may find yourself (as I did) wandering around on your own!!!

Maybe its just me, but anyone else noticed that the age abyss in the event, seems worse than ever this year.

They have the character shows for babies (who are all watching the shows in bbbies land instead)

Then there's HoM for like 8 year olds then...

EXTREME SCARY HORROR MAZES, TO THE EXTREME, FOR EXTREMELY EXTREME PEOPLE! (Note,this may or may not be an actuate representation of the scare mazes.)
And since they just upped TotT to a 5 pumpkin rating, its even worse.

With no middle ground! (Freak show doesn't count because, well...its less scary than duel let alone HoM)

I'm not going senile right? Surely one of you guys have seen it too.

Maybe its just me, but anyone else noticed that the age abyss in the event, seems worse than ever this year.

They have the character shows for babies (who are all watching the shows in bbbies land instead)

EXTREME SCARY HORROR MAZES, TO THE EXTREME, FOR EXTREMELY EXTREME PEOPLE! (Note,this may or may not be an actuate representation of the scare mazes.)

With no middle ground! (Freak show doesn't count because, well...its less scary than duel let alone HoM)

I totally agree, I've never done any scare attractions and I wouldn't really know where to start. I think I'm just going to do the welcoming - hopefully I'll enjoy it :D

ToTT has always been 5 pumpkins, hasn't it?

It's got 5 pumpkins now? So in line with the rest? I wonder what's changed! It never used to be five, i think it was a three.

I totally agree, I've never done any scare attractions and I wouldn't really know where to start. I think I'm just going to do the welcoming - hopefully I'll enjoy it :D
At least do House of Monsters, it is VERY good!

(Assuming nothing has changed from last year, upon entering Volta's room, you will see a giant machine with a door. when you are asked to find Frankie, position yourself towards the far end of the room on the right side of the machine, (in relation to where you entered) if you have done it right, when Frankie opens the door to the final, you should be in front! Shhhhhhh)

More info on the welcoming
The woods surrounding the village of Alton harbor a mysterious group, which until recent sightings were unseen by the modern world. Whispers around the village say that the group are angered by people abusing the world’s natural resources and the rapid advance of technology. Every year the secluded group host a festival to celebrate their own interpretation of Halloween – paying homage to the earth and celebrating the crossover between the living world and the dead. The group have recently infiltrated the Alton Towers Resort and for the first time are allowing outsiders to celebrate with them. But what part will you (‘the outsiders’) play in this ritual? Is this really an initiation?

Images and text taken from the TT FB and Forum. Confirms that the stage will be used.

Some photos of The Welcoming have been posted on TowersTimes Facebook - an intriguing observation is that there is a black board with white symbols on the right-hand side of the stage which appears to say 'FEED THE FLAMES'

XjviPBKKRG_5EWbaTS1T7A.png

21751474_10155715399368185_1602766366033828460_n.jpg

21728161_10155715399378185_1166303624441681192_n.jpg

21728196_10155715399513185_4342392947117684944_n.jpg

21731298_10155715399348185_1052334409476905599_n.jpg

21764775_10155715399578185_5716373632435906056_n.jpg

Safe to say it won't be roofed over then. The wooden fencing is rather plain looking so far. I assume that will change, of course...

Can't say I'm much excited for this, it just looks way too small to justify the price, and the area/setup doesn't leave much room for an immersively themed experience.

Outdoor mazes usually work well when in vast spaces, like corn fields, forests, wasteland etc.

It just looks like a very amature maze, typical of what you'd see at new/low budget halloween events where the attractions consist of endless corridoors winding around a very tight space. At least with Towers you always felt you were moving from room to room, scene to scene in most of their scare mazes.

On a positive note, at least the actors have easy access to the toilets. :rolleyes:

They have strung lights across the old entrance to the Towers. Are they going to be using the space up there again. Last time they did it turned into a mud bath !
DJxATxtWAAAdarc

DJxATxtW0AASnPj

I like the idea of the location, and it looks like they've "squoze" a reasonable length path in there (probably designed by whoever lays out Merlin's queue lines). There just doesn't seem to be a lot of actual scenery (yet), or space for it.

Can't say I'm much excited for this, it just looks way too small to justify the price, and the area/setup doesn't leave much room for an immersively themed experience.

Outdoor mazes usually work well when in vast spaces, like corn fields, forests, wasteland etc.

It just looks like a very amature maze, typical of what you'd see at new/low budget halloween events where the attractions consist of endless corridoors winding around a very tight space. At least with Towers you always felt you were moving from room to room, scene to scene in most of their scare mazes.

On a positive note, at least the actors have easy access to the toilets. :rolleyes:
Have faith in Towers (I know that's a tall order for you :rolleyes:) but it will be amazing :p