• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2018

Just goes to show. Being a member of this forum long enough turns you o_O
It hasn't turned me! See look; I'm excited for what the 2019 season has to hold at Alton Towers! I think that the cuts shall be reversed and we will have an absolutely brilliant season!

Just because I expressed one or two slightly non-positive opinions, doesn't mean I've lost my optimism!

It hasn't turned me! See look; I'm excited for what the 2019 season has to hold at Alton Towers! I think that the cuts shall be reversed and we will have an absolutely brilliant season!

Just because I expressed one or two slightly non-positive opinions, doesn't mean I've lost my optimism!

Na, pretty sure I saw the genuine hate coming through in your original post. You're one of us now, pal.

I did House of Monsters today...now for a review!

Review
(I went in at 5pm btw)

I'm not sure if I just got a bad run through or what but HoM was really bad this year...

To start off, I was really enjoying it, the changes they made to each scene were quite good and improved it (including Venom's room)

But it all went down hill once I got to Venom's room. I honestly can't tell you how good Venom's room was (except that it was better that last years torture room) because it was so fundamentally broken that I simply have no idea what was going on. For starters, due to the way the scene was laid out, I spent most of it, trying to see past the big stone pillar in the center of the room, if that wasn't bad enough, there was moderately loud rock music playing constantly AND there was major sound pollution from the mazes final of all things, needless to say, this made hearing what venom was saying very difficult.

Gorgle's room was mostly the same except they moved Venus to the far corner so everyone on the left bench was struggleing to see her and she didn't lunge at people this time.

Wolfboy's room was exactly the same as last year, except they removed the whole transformation aspect and it wasn't explained why we had to dress the manaquins.

Gill and Ted's room was just ok...if a bit dull.

Frankie and Volta's room was the exact same as last year.

Then, I got to the ending maze segment, now, this has always been my favourite scene and I am always shocked at how scary it was for a kids maze...this was the worst part of the entire maze (this year)
There was the normal loud bang and a monster appeared...then we walked through the entire maze segment without anything at all happening, until we got to the frankly, awful door room from last year where the monster from the start of the segment, appeared, followed us into the door room, and stood there doing nothing...Then we left...it was at this point that I realised that this entire segment, was staffed by just ONE actor!

Again I don't know if it was genuinely this bad or if I just got a REALLY bad run but that was awful!

House of Monsters Review
Premeum Upgrade (some more stuff i forgot to mention in my original review...only£5.99)
20tjrr7.jpg

The elusive ghost pirates of mutiny bay
When was this?

House of Monsters Review
Premeum Upgrade (some more stuff i forgot to mention in my original review...only£5.99)

When was this?

Family friendly day. I was enjoying my ride on heave ho and spotted them in the distance. At first I thought they were just guests dressed up but came to realise they are actually real and the mutiny bay ghost pirates do exist!

I really enjoyed HOM we had a really small group so may have helped. I do agree with the maze at the end, there was one actor in the entire thing and he was jumping out at the kids only.

Now to find galactica airways when they’re not on their break!

Can somebody explain the Galactica Airways? I saw them standing around by Wicker Man looking innocuous and not really doing anything. What's the point of them?

Can somebody explain the Galactica Airways? I saw them standing around by Wicker Man looking innocuous and not really doing anything. What's the point of them?
They are one of the Scaremosphere groups of actors that the park has premiered for this year's Scarefest event, along with the Ghost Pirates and the Towers Ruins Ghouls.

Maybe them not doing anything is supposed to make them seem ominous and creepy? Although I did hear reports that they do talk to you and scare you a bit if you get closer...

The fact is that Alton Towers haven't been able to recruit enough actors. The advertised groups of roaming actors simply do not exist most of the time - aside from the Ancestors.

For whatever reason.

:(

Still a good idea though. Had it worked, it would have been far better than scare "zones" in my opinion. The main criticisms of last season where the fact that if you weren't in Towers Street, a maze or Freak Show then Scarefest didn't really exist.

Apart from the zombie zone by woodcutters, I always thought scare zones at Towers felt a little too orderly. I'd much prefer roaming actors to spread the atmosphere.

Both overall roaming AND scare zones could work as it would allow the park to have both sides of the Halloween coin...

But that would involve some decent pay and a budget, so...

Booked our scare maze combo for 19:30 for this coming Saturday and then the welcoming for 20:45. How long does it take to queue for each maze roughly?

I'm worried we're not going to fit the 3 mazes in before our welcoming time slot.

Depends on busyness. Today I have queued zero mins for all mazes.
Last Saturday Mine Tours was about 50-60 min q and sub 15 mins max when I went around 7pm

Just did project 42 (keep in mind that this was my 1st real 5pumpkin maze (CoS doesn't count in my opinion))
I think it was quite intense but I thought they overused the strobe lights and it could have used another show segment setting up the final as it was unclear what was going on, not counting the fact that the rescue mission aspect or it was entierly forgotten about after the preshow.

Also...8/10 for paper zombies!