• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2018

Anyone who has done Project 42, how scary is it? I’ve only ever done Terror of the Towers before. I’m hoping to go some time next weekend and do all four mazes - how scary are Mine Tours and Sub species too?

Also, odd questions, how does the inside of N:ST look and is the odd looking outside scaffolding tent structure utilised at all in the maze?
Its not how scary they are its how easily you get scared

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

;)how long does it normally take to get from say, oblivion...;)to...lets say...nemesis,;) without going in the gardens?
Just a random meaningless question that you definitely should not interpret any way other than it NOT being scarefest in this question ;););)

sorry to double post, but i just saw this picture on theme park guide live...
2018-10-060.69643700%20153883765513530375.jpg

look at that queue, can anyone confirm where in NST's old queue this is because this queue looks worryingly long, (especially when it uses a time slot that includes 2 others...at the other far end of the park)

it didn't show the picture (for me at least) so ill try and link it
https://live.themeparkguide.biz/media/2018-10-060.69643700 153883765513530375.jpg

Last edited:
Project 42 was good, not as good as Sub Species but 5 billion times better than Mine Tours which is a joke again this year.
:eek: Better than mine tours ?!?
Are you going through the same maze as me

Minor tours is yet again heads above every maze this year.

P42 is bottom of the pile. Someone gave me an extra ticket for it today. I just couldn’t be bothered walking all the way to FV to use it tho. Once was enough

I thought project 42 was good. Maybe not the best this year, but still far better than the welcoming, which was by far the weakest. Some of the actors were very enthusiastic. My only spoiler-free complaint I would have is that it was much too dark, which really just meant you couldn't see the actors anyway. Sound effects were very loud too, which was distracting.

anyone else notice the sub species alien costumes in the egg room and animal test room, or were the actors just in the wrong maze?

Welcolming was boring. Without the blindfolded section, it's too short, and there really isn't much else to talk about. The special effects are impressive, if you're lucky enough to be able to see it, as the groups are far to big.

Although it was weaker than previous years, sub species is still brilliant in comparison to most scare mazes. What I didn't like, though, was that my dad was put into a different group to me, as we were told that we weren't allowed to wait until the next group and we would be separated in the maze anyway. I laughed and talked to the people next to me while I waited, but it did annoy me, and my dad who had to wait at the end of the maze. I like sub species, but I think it's time for a refresh as it hasn't changed in years.

I didn't expect mine tours to be the highlight, but with very enthusiastic actors and impressive scenes it was easily my favourite. Like with project 42 though, I thought it was too dark at times, meaning that I waked into a table during the maze.

While I'm not the target audience, house of monsters was fun. It's good to see that they haven't given up on the maze and are continuing to add to this maze.

I have one piece of advice for anyone yet to visit - avoid the entire cloud cuckoo/ dark forest area if a show is on. I've heard people say that the singers they had at the hotel in the past were bad, but I just felt sorry for them today.

:eek: Better than mine tours ?!?
Are you going through the same maze as me

Minor tours is yet again heads above every maze this year.

P42 is bottom of the pile. Someone gave me an extra ticket for it today. I just couldn’t be bothered walking all the way to FV to use it tho. Once was enough
Not a chance, Mine Tours lacks any substance. There are no scares, very few actors etc..completely boring, worst maze at Scarefest as always.

Project 42 was much much better, more actors, more scares. It has generally had good reviews from various online enthusiast pages today as well. Rivals Sub Species as the best maze, although I do think the beginning could do with a bit of reworking.

P42 has more actors than Mine Tours ? :confused:o_O
Not a chance, Mine Tours lacks any substance. There are no scares, very few actors etc..completely boring, worst maze at Scarefest as always.

Project 42 was much much better, more actors, more scares. It has generally had good reviews from various online enthusiast pages today as well. Rivals Sub Species as the best maze, although I do think the beginning could do with a bit of reworking.

P42 has more actors than mine tours ?:confused:o_O
They must have all been hiding from me then

If I had actually paid for my ticket I would have been queuing in Box Office demanding my money back.

It’s not fit for purpose.

A scare maze that does not scare. It’s trades description

That's part of the trouble with scare attractions (or at least those at UK Merlin parks) - the experience can vary substantially from one run through to the next. I'd be very hesitant to write off a maze after a single poor run-through.

That said, both times I've done Mine Tours in previous years it was pretty rubbish.

P42 has more actors than Mine Tours ? :confused:o_O

P42 has more actors than mine tours ?:confused:o_O
They must have all been hiding from me then

If I had actually paid for my ticket I would have been queuing in Box Office demanding my money back.

It’s not fit for purpose.

A scare maze that does not scare. It’s trades description
All I can say is I completely disagree with what you are saying, we must have visited different events this year :p

You only have to look online to find lots of positive reviews for Project 42 though. It's not just me.

I'm going to be doing the 4 mazes in a few weeks. Excited for Project 42. The Welcoming was my favourite last year and enjoyed Mine Tours as well, Sub Species had lack of actors last year on my run through so hopefully it will be better this year!

Ok no mazes for IBS suffers and people with a weak pelvic floor
c18c311fb9ec46a432492223dddb5126.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

What, would you say, would be better for my first ever go on The Welcoming...

Go in, in the daytime (but as a result, have a reasonable group size),
Or...
Go in at night and have it be overcrowded (and potentially miss stuff)?

Also, is there anything in P42's outdoor section that would be ruined by going through during the day?