• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

I finally got to experience the scare attractions! Quick thoughts in the order I did them:

Darkest Depths: Good start. Not especially scary but very pretty to look at. However, it was over very quickly.

The Invitation: Thank God I didnt do this one last. What was that? Not really scary and overall quite confusing. Immersive audio but not enough to justify the replacement of a maze. However, because it was quiet, we got to chat with the Funeral Directors and they were brilliant. Very lovely and funny.

The Attic: Absolutely goregeous to look at. The storytelling and atmosphere accompanied by the effects was so fantastic and immersive. I loved the long climb up the stairs as well haha.

Altonville Mine Tours: Brilliant way to end and the strongest maze imo. Fantastic acting, especially coming through the curtains! The sets, smells and sound effects created a very creepy atmosphere.

Overall, I'm absolutely thrilled that I finally got to experience these attractions, (except one of course). One thing that I felt all the way through though is that they all flew by very quickly. This might be just a me thing, though.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

anyone know the cost of doing the mazes individually with MAP, the invitation doesn't really interest me so just wondering if its worth buying the package or individual mazes.

Would like to do them at 1pm cause it'll be getting dark around 4 with the clocks coming forward at the end of October and don't want to waste night ride time but they'll be open at 3pm that day unfortunately.

Weird they're opening the mazes 2 hours later even though it'll be Halloween day 🤷‍♂️

anyone know the cost of doing the mazes individually with MAP, the invitation doesn't really interest me so just wondering if its worth buying the package or individual mazes.

Would like to do them at 1pm cause it'll be getting dark around 4 with the clocks coming forward at the end of October and don't want to waste night ride time but they'll be open at 3pm that day unfortunately.

Weird they're opening the mazes 2 hours later even though it'll be Halloween day 🤷‍♂️
To my knowledge and experience yesterday the one shots are £9 each and there is no Map discount for the one shot tickets sadly.

To my knowledge and experience yesterday the one shots are £9 each and there is no Map discount for the one shot tickets sadly.
We had a combo ticket this year and did get discount. Last year we booked one as a one shot and got discount too on it. Maybe it's changed.

We had a combo ticket this year and did get discount. Last year we booked one as a one shot and got discount too on it. Maybe it's changed.
Combi definitely still have discounts! Must've changed regarding one shots.....£9 is a tad expensive but worth it for Altonville 👌👌👌👌

I've had limited phone signal since yesterday as I've been around the Peak District walking today and was on a campsite with poor connection last night (and tonight actually).
My thoughts from my few hours on park on Friday night are as follows. Really enjoyed the rides in the dark again. Wicker Man was absolutely brilliant. My best ride ever on it (even though I've done it before in the dark). I was near the back and there was loads of smoke in all of the tunnels and that combined with the otherwise darkness and bits of lighting here and there made it just perfect, for me. Just a great fun experience. As usual, Thirteen is a must in the pitch black when you're going through the wooded section. Good fun. The ride op on RMT was allowing 3 laps so that's always a little bonus. To make it even better some legend who was leaving early gave me his platinum fasttrack for the last couple of hours so I may or may not have made use of that. I couldn't possibly confirm this as I'm guessing that they are officially non-transferable. Just happened to be sitting and chatting next to him on that brill run on Wicker Man. Obviously also went on Nemesis and Smiler which are always good in the dark. So yeah, it was a really good few hours. I don't have any interest in the mazes so can't comment on those.

Last edited:
Solid day today. Didn't manage to do everything with queue times. Full run down incoming 😂
All rides on point as usual, broke down on Nemmy on the last ride at 9 and it is my birthday, so everyone was singing happy birthday as we was waiting for the train to come back into the station 🤣
Mazes were good, apart from the Invitation of course. Left it very Dissappointed, definitely lacking something. The audio is good but it's missing something, the story isn't explained, there is no physical scares apart from the lift part. Where the vampire or whoever he is meant to be isn't even big enough for him to stand in. You wouldn't believe he was actually there. And a staff member kept opening the curtain so wasn't pitch black and ruined it.
Strongest maze is the Attic in my opinion this year.
Rest of the mazes were spot on as usual. Ideally scarefest needs a revamp of the mazes next year. Any questions please ask.

Solid day today. Didn't manage to do everything with queue times. Full run down incoming 😂
All rides on point as usual, broke down on Nemmy on the last ride at 9 and it is my birthday, so everyone was singing happy birthday as we was waiting for the train to come back into the station 🤣
Mazes were good, apart from the Invitation of course. Left it very Dissappointed, definitely lacking something. The audio is good but it's missing something, the story isn't explained, there is no physical scares apart from the lift part. Where the vampire or whoever he is meant to be isn't even big enough for him to stand in. You wouldn't believe he was actually there. And a staff member kept opening the curtain so wasn't pitch black and ruined it.
Strongest maze is the Attic in my opinion this year.
Rest of the mazes were spot on as usual. Ideally scarefest needs a revamp of the mazes next year. Any questions please ask.
We thought attic, darkest depths, mine, and don't even wanna include it...the invitation

Just a quick few words from me today as I'm ready to fall asleep. Today was the first time we did Trick o Treat Town (£9.70 with MAP discount) as I didn't do it last year, I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, great sets and actors, my only niggle was it became a bit of a bottleneck with everyone waiting to knock on the same doors. (9/10). We also did The Invitation today as a solo ticket, (£7.20) with MAP discount, the actors were very good as was the queue atmosphere and lift scene but unfortunately after that it fell off a cliff then making no sense what so ever and ending very abruptly with no jump scare or meaning. (2/10)

This is the reason why I always do Scarefest on the second weekend. Gives them chance to iron out issues like this. Yes, there's an argument it shouldn't be like this any time - first day or not - but you have to expect teething problems to start with. Obviously if the experience itself is rubbish - ie the actual audio bit inside, then that's another matter...

That said, it does leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth when you have a bad run through on a new experience like this, maybe Towers should be offering some sort of compensation like a free rerun later in the day or on another visit if they know it's struggling to start with. Would certainly help reduce the disappointment factor.
Yeh, they're never going to get it 100% right, and I guess a maze is a bit trial and error as some things are hard to forecast - how guests respond, how actors interact with real guests, timings & cues, etc., and they'll probably make tweaks as the event progresses.

TOTT 2007 had some fundamental changes following opening weekend to cut scripts and speed up the flow, whilst on TOTT 2008 - which despite retaining the Bloodfest Banquet theme, had a completely different story and script from 07 - the audio was very temperamental on the first weekend, and audio was a big part of that maze, possibly moreso than any other maze until The Invitation.

There are probably a lot more examples of where they've tweaked things over the course of the event.

Has anyone who's been on The Invitation said it was good yet?

The clocks don’t go back to the 30th Oct so it’s currently half 6 sunset with it been pitch black by 7. So if you going on the 30th or 31st it be dark by 5pm.

Has anyone who's been on The Invitation said it was good yet?

No mate. It's shocking. Crammed in like sardines in the lift part. Some good acting up until you head into the audio bit, the fact I don't even know what it is meant to be tells you the story isn't explained whatsoever. All it is, is you put some tiny headphones on whilst sat on the smallest seat ever, whilst there is meant to be some bloke or vampire walking in another tiny cage in front of you. Supposedly looking for blood. Ending is terrible too. Very poor, hope it doesn't last long.

It's such a shame because everything except the experience itself I thought was quite good. The atmosphere in the queue line, especially at night, was very well done. I did it during the day, but we saw the queue line that night and it was stunning. I also feel bad for the actors. We had a lovely chat with them while we waited for more people to arrive, (happened with all the mazes, they were dead at 1pm), and they were so funny and friendly. If the experience had actually been scary, it would have been more impactful as they lure you into a false sense of security.

I hope they iron it out and deliver a much better experience later in the event, but I doubt it tbh.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk