• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

And I reckon that N:ST's building will be used for the "new" maze, although I would prefer N:ST's building to be used for a permanent attraction for when Nemmy is down. Without Nemmy there will just be 3 rides in FV, two of which are low-throughput fillers.

But Nemesis isn’t closing until the end of the season. So both of those things could happen. In theory.

But Nemesis isn’t closing until the end of the season. So both of those things could happen. In theory.
Well yes, the new maze could be opened permanently next season, or a new attraction could be installed during this coming closed season. We'll have to wait and see.

A Sub Terra attraction for next year is unlikely now I think, as the only place I can see the new maze going is Sub Terra's building. We also don't know what's happening with Funk'n'Fly, so are we really just going to have Galactica and The Blade in 2023? Who knows.
Back on topic though, does anyone know if single maze tickets are available? I'm only interested in doing the new one as the other three have become so predictable.

A Sub Terra attraction for next year is unlikely now I think, as the only place I can see the new maze going is Sub Terra's building. We also don't know what's happening with Funk'n'Fly, so are we really just going to have Galactica and The Blade in 2023? Who knows.
Back on topic though, does anyone know if single maze tickets are available? I'm only interested in doing the new one as the other three have become so predictable.
They will be, at the Box Office on-park. 🙂
I bought single tickets for Darkest Depths last year. Just be aware that there may be a queue.

If you look on the website, it says at the end of the descriptions (Recommended for those 15+). To me, this could possibly mean that some mazes will have different age ratings. After all, wouldn't it be redundant to put those brackets there if all the mazes have the same age rating?

Will they rate Darkest Depths slightly lower? Or, the more exciting option, the new maze is even more extreme and aimed for an older audience.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

They are probably just labelling all the mazes as 15+ to make it clear that they are not recommended for children.

Now I’m hardly an expert in the area of scare attractions, as I’m perhaps controversially not into the scare side of things at all (a slight phobia of costumed characters mixed with a general distaste for forced participation means that scare attractions are not my thing in the slightest), but if none of you scare aficionados mind, I thought I might weigh in on the discussion about the maze lineup having “had its day” or whatever, as I do have some thoughts from having read these posts.

From my perspective observing from the sidelines rather than experiencing first hand, one thing I would say about scare mazes is that they appear to be quite “one and done” experiences by very nature. Now I know that they will vary slightly every time, because they rely almost solely on people and people are variable compared to mechanical effects, but scare attractions appear to rely very much on the element of surprise, and once you’ve done an attraction once, I’d imagine that that dissipates quite considerably. After experiencing a maze a few times, I can imagine that most will begin to get a feel for the maze layout and be able to predict where the scares are going to happen with almost 100% accuracy; for instance, you might walk into a maze and think “Ooh, I know that an actor is going to jump out from behind that bookcase there, and then I know that an actor will run at me with a chainsaw from behind there and I know that another one will come from there etc etc”. And even with the slight variability each time that relying on humans provides, I can imagine that the gratification decreases quite substantially upon re-experiencing a maze simply because that sense of the unknown from your initial experience is virtually gone.

For that reason, I reckon they must lack the rerideability of a regular theme park attraction, so scare events probably need to take one of two paths. They either need to target themselves less towards repeat visitation than a regular theme park or change the maze lineup pretty often, as if you have people revisiting the same mazes over and over, guest feedback will surely go down and people will gradually find your event stale and boring.

In terms of the roaming entertainment discussion; I personally agree with @jon81uk in that I don’t think the scary roaming entertainment should be overly prevalent. There may be people like me who really don’t like scare stuff and just want a regular Alton Towers visit during the month of October.

I apologise if my perspective from someone who isn’t a scare fan at all isn’t appreciated, but I just wanted to express my own thoughts on the issue.

Altonville announcement was at 11:30, The Attic announcement was at 16:30. So announcements are coming every 5 hours. So the 3rd announcement should be at 21:30 and the 4th will either be at 2:30 or some time in the next day or so.

Altonville announcement was at 11:30, The Attic announcement was at 16:30. So announcements are coming every 5 hours. So the 3rd announcement should be at 21:30 and the 4th will either be at 2:30 or some time in the next day or so.

I highly doubt from a marketing POV they’d release their brand new maze at 2.30am when most will be asleep. What a way to kill your social engagement stats.

I find it funny and ironic how one of the lines in the trailer is "You wanted us gone, but these are our mines!" like everyone wanted Altonville off the lineup, but they're determined to stay on it no matter how many people it annoys. 😂

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I’m a once a year visitor to Towers and looking at going on Saturday 8th (avoiding the school holidays) can I expect the park to be busy?

Thanks 😊

It shouldn't be too bad. Saturdays do vary, the later I to SF you go the busier it is. We've done the first Saturday last two years and will be again this year. If you can go on the first day the fri 7th if at all possible.

Last edited:
Good to see some lineup announcements. It's not even September time yet!

Mine Tours can get in the bin. Slightly disappointed that it's coming back again.

Never done Attic or Darkest Depths, hopefully correct that this year.

Darkest Depths has just been announced! (Towers FB)

Attention Thrillseekers! Your third Scarefest maze reveal is… Darkest Depths!
☠

Get ready to board the notoriously spine-chilling ghost ship ‘The Mutiny’ and come face to face with the legendary monster of the seas.
Feeling brave? Book your scare attraction combi ticket today!
👉
https://fal.cn/3rmKE
⚠️
Don’t forget, there’s still more to be revealed, tune into our socials over the next few days to find out more!

Just the new one to go now!

Assuming they release two updates today like they did today, we shouldn’t need to wait long to see what this new maze is all about.