• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

Social media reaction doesn't look great with many questioning whether it's worth £12 with no MAP discount, I haven't done it so I can't comment either way. One thing some people are asking is whether they will have a vegetarian option available which so far hasn't been answered. I guess unless they are planning to use all veggie Haribos (of which there are four of 22 products) then would the use two trays at each place?

I would expect the late announcement came from needing to cement the brand partnership/agreement between Haribo and AT. Rather than delay the whole reveal and potentially impact revenue coming in for the mazes and other attractions.

It also appears that during off-peak days and the Monday-Thursday on what is traditionally the UK October half term week, mazes are opening at 3pm rather than 1pm.

Not selling many tickets in advance as they’d have expected perhaps?

No way was brand new and popular Trick or Treat Town ever going to not return. It's just a staggered announcement. The new ad and sponsorship suggests been in the works for some time.
Everything about this looks like this is a very last minute decision. The Invitation was a staggered announcement... staggered announcements are signposted, like the scare maze announcements were.

This looks very much like they found a sponsor last minute, which has justified the bringing an attraction, which probably wasn't very profitable, back online. Which also may be why it is inexplicably being advertised as a 'new' attraction.

Everything about this looks like this is a very last minute decision. The Invitation was a staggered announcement... staggered announcements are signposted, like the scare maze announcements were.

This looks very much like they found a sponsor last minute, which has justified the bringing an attraction, which probably wasn't very profitable, back online. Which also may be why it is inexplicably being advertised as a 'new' attraction.
The ToTT post does state that it's "back for a second season".

Social media reaction doesn't look great with many questioning whether it's worth £12 with no MAP discount, I haven't done it so I can't comment either way. One thing some people are asking is whether they will have a vegetarian option available which so far hasn't been answered. I guess unless they are planning to use all veggie Haribos (of which there are four of 22 products) then would the use two trays at each place?
I saw someone asking if they did a vegan option but I guess 'vegan or meat' doesn't have the same ring to it as 'trick or treat' unfortunately

Hey guys, I didn't know anywhere else to post this so please make a new topic if it doesn't fit in here. Anyway, I was thinking about new maze ideas and wanted to share mine here and see your reactions! I was thinking of a werewolf maze because I don't thing AT have ever done a maze based on these creatures. This, I think, will be located at the games bunker however if you guys have better ideas please let me know! The maze is called 'The night' (again, if anyone has better name ideas please let me know) however, it has a twist! At the start of the maze you will go through a few rooms and corridors meeting survivors, infected people and werewolves. These rooms will be themed around a lost trail in the woods, and the rooms will be dark and hazy as it is 'the night'. However halfway through the maze you will be interrupted by a fire alarm and the scare actors will break character and send you outside where you will be surrounded by props and scenery. One of the actors will suddenly be dragged back into the maze by one of the hamble twins (Or a normal serial killer but this is Towersstreet we are talking about, we really want them back). The other actor ( 2 actors will lead you outside) will frantically directs you towards the actor changing rooms where the maze will suddenly become a multi-route maze where you get to explore 'actor corridors' ,sets from 'the night' and actor toilets ( for humor of course). You will encounter the hamble twins multiple times and also meet wounded actors from 'the night' maze. This maze should suddenly ramp up in intensity so the section before the fire drill feels dull and boring compared to this. The important thing to note here that there will still be flashing red light and the fire alarm still going throughout the rest of the maze and the music that usually accompanies the action in front of you should still stem from a werewolf theme and not a serial killer theme. There will be 1 or 2 rooms that you can explore that will be in 'the night' show mode and a little easter egg to what the maze could have been. The addition of these rooms, music and lighting choices should help keep the maze realistic and not break the illusion that this was not planned and is going wrong. Everything should tie back to the world of 'the night' maze whilst being every different to that theme. The end of the maze could be the usual run out being chased by one of the hamble twins with a machete or a similar weapon. Thats the maze! I thought it would be a good idea to do a maze within a maze and I hope it has worked for you guys! Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
The time it would take to finalise a sponsorship like that would suggest it’s long been the plan, just taken this point to get things finalised.

Last edited by a moderator:
But then ask yourself the question, why would the park have effectively pretended it wasn't on the line-up for nearly a month? No signposts to further attractions (as they did for the other Scarefest reveals), no extra little teasers for extra treats still to be announced etc.

At best, it means they have lost valuable pre-sales for both the attraction and Scarefest more generally by advertising a less than stellar line-up for a month. At worst, they may have entirely lost custom. There has been a lot of grumbling on social media about the weak line-up for families, and there are other options both locally and nationally that families may have now planned to attend instead.

It would be lovely to think AT were always on top of these things, but my suspicion is that when the meeting to finalise the Scarefest line-up took place, they decided that Trick o' Treat Town could only return if they found a sponsor for it, so the delay has basically been due to finding a willing sponsor and securing that deal, which like you say takes time. But if they hadn't secured a sponsor it wouldn't be back; the way Scarefest is currently operated, they simply wouldn't keep a walk through attraction if they didn't think they would make money on it.

Ultimately, it will only have been in the past couple of weeks it has been confirmed it would return to the line-up.

I actually really want this years scarefest to completely flop and hopefully this might make towers realise people are fed up of Stalefest.

We’ve had the same old mazes for year after year, and it seems this year they might not even be so scary if it’s 12+, the family offering is just as bad, with the same old year after year. Yes we had trick or treat last year, but that’s a very extensive add on. We used to have house of monsters which was very good value for what it was.

It definitely seems now scarefest is a money grabbing event and they aren’t bothered about creating a good product anymore.

It just shows how almost all scarefest mazes are now left up all season, with the towers always shut. So these mazes cost barely anything now to set up and sort out as they are just sat there all season.

Definitely sceptical that the age rating had changed. However, if you look on the safety warnings for the maze, they do say 12+ evem during years when they said it was 15+. Hopefully that means they wont turn down the intensity.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

I used to be so excited for Scarefest every year. You would always have new stuff to look forward to and mazes that were returning were often tweaked. It was always the highlight of the season.

As I have said before in this thread I have not done Scarefest now since 2019 and to be quite perfectly honest I am not at all bothered about it this year. I have no plans to spend any money on any of the mazes. They really need to give the event a complete re-think.

It’s the first time I’m not doing any mazes since 2017. I’ve lost interest in the returning 3, and The Invitation hasn’t induced me to buy a ticket for that either.