• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

Whilst a potential audio experience in place of a maze alongside 3 mazes that are definitely past their dues is a little disappointing, I agree with what others have said in that it is great that they are experimenting with different forms of scare attraction and broadening their horizons. It can be argued that selling a 4 maze package is pretty misleading, but I had had my suspiscions this new attraction would be somewhat different based off of their wording in teasers. Plus, with the location pretty much almost definitely being at the former Toxic Junkyard location, a "burial" experience will most likely be more suited.

I must admit I am pretty disappointed we (probably!) aren't getting vampires though...

The question is though... what's the 1827 all about?

It's the year the 15th Earl died, but that doesn't seem very relevant.
The price of £18.27 to go on?

I half wondered if the whole take a seat might be Merlin still trying to offload the old vengeance from London Dungeon which is allegedly still kicking around but Id assume that would need some planning permission.

I hope its not an audio replacement experience rather than a maze.

Fully echo the *yawn* at the line up though. Less family attractions, Skin Snatchers in what is, what feels like, its 15th year. Attic, again. Darkest Depths again.
I get that its cheaper to reuse and reuse these attractions, even cheaper when they never get taken down, but come on where's the creativity and investment. Its feeling more like Stalefest than Scarefest.

The price of £18.27 to go on?

I half wondered if the whole take a seat might be Merlin still trying to offload the old vengeance from London Dungeon which is allegedly still kicking around but Id assume that would need some planning permission.

I hope its not an audio replacement experience rather than a maze.

Fully echo the *yawn* at the line up though. Less family attractions, Skin Snatchers in what is, what feels like, its 15th year. Attic, again. Darkest Depths again.
I get that its cheaper to reuse and reuse these attractions, even cheaper when they never get taken down, but come on where's the creativity and investment. Its feeling more like Stalefest than Scarefest.
actually darkest depths got demolished earlier this year then it got rebuilt

Alton really needs to be more clear in their advertising for this year's Scarefest. People can't tell whether The Invitation is a scare maze or not, myself included. I understand keeping things vague, but they should still clearly inform people if they're in for something different to a scare maze.

People unaware of the Dark Field collab may not consider the idea of an audio experince. Oppositely, our predictions of an audio experience aren't yet confirmed, (but please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Either way, people are getting confused.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

Do we think The Invitiation will have scare actors too? Or do you literally just sit with headphones on and no one physical scares you

Do we think The Invitiation will have scare actors too? Or do you literally just sit with headphones on and no one physical scares you
I doubt it tbh. A scare maze section would be fitting.

The website suggests that you might lie in a casket, (eek!), and have headphones on. Maybe after you "die" there is a scare maze section where you come out of the casket and into the afterlife?

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

I usually hate being negative but I really don’t feel I’m missing much this year by not attending.

The maze line-up as mentioned seems very stale.
There doesn’t seem to be much ‘scare zone’ style areas like there has been in the past.
No Hex, Enterprise, Duel - Rapids will no doubt be closed due to low temperatures? Is Thirteen still problematic as well in wet/cold weather? So queues for other rides will be an issue given the lineup.
Add to this, the price isn’t really a draw either.

I am interested, what are your thoughts? Is it me just being cynical?

I usually hate being negative but I really don’t feel I’m missing much this year by not attending.

There doesn’t seem to be much ‘scare zone’ style areas like there has been in the past.
No Hex, Enterprise, Duel - Rapids will no doubt be closed due to low temperatures? Is Thirteen still problematic as well in wet/cold weather? So queues for other rides will be an issue given the lineup.

Thirteen only cannot open in the cold, and the Rapids are always open with the exception of last years major technical issues

Rapids can run in cold weather but closes at dusk which wasn't the case ~10 years ago. A night ride on the rapids was always a highlight of scarefest/fireworks, back when the ride was fun.

I doubt rapids will be closed. It only closes due to low light levels, same as the sky ride. Be assured you’ll be able to still get soaked even though it’ll be freezing

I had planned to go 3 times this Scarefest, originally - one with my girlfriend, another with my brother and Dad, and the third with friends.

Then when the three mazes were announced, we cancelled one (Dad and bro) and when the fourth experience was announced - my friends and I decided to go to a scare attraction instead of Alton.

It is stale and the new maze just doesn't sound exciting. They needed a Sub Species type experience, and a new, well-themed maze to replace one of the other three.

It sounds like the Mines will be the highlight again.