• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2024

It really does feel like the Gardens have been forgotten about since Lightopia finished and new leadership took over. I understand that it’s not a priority for the park because leadership has so many issues of a higher priority (and subsequently a bigger return). But the Garden Lights Walk truly added a lot of value to Scarefest and Christmas that had the scale of the modern theme park but strips to the fundamentals of the business.

I really do think that the park does limit itself by solely focusing on its ride offering, there’s so many more people that the park could market itself towards that isn’t CBeebies/Rides based. I meet so many people that don’t visit theme parks because “I don’t like rides”, and they are truly missing out on the experience of theme parks and what they could potentially offer because the marketing and understanding is based around rides. Environmental storytelling is a large part in the art of theme parks, and you can’t get more environmental than the Gardens.
The Gardens Lights Walk was not done by Lightopia, so was not affected by their closure.

Took my parents to visit yesterday, their first time in about 30 years, as gardeners they whole heartedly agree with you. The Himalayan balsam is a massive problem and needs sorting according to mum.
Also many wild trees, those bloody rowans and sycamores...and cotoneaster, all classic common neglect plants that self seed.
Most of the fancy azaleas have been choked out, and there are masses of bramble and rhododendron where there used to be paths.

Does anyone know what's happening regarding Fastrack over Scarefest? None of the Fastrack packages are available to buy on the website over Scarefest.

So they make loads on paid entry, then rake in more with mazes and so on, then really cream the pudding for themselves with fasttrack on top.
Have they started fasttracking the mazes yet?...knowing Merlin, if they haven't it won't be long...

They don't at alton as far as I know

Thorpe have always had fastrack option for mazes as long as I've been going

So they make loads on paid entry, then rake in more with mazes and so on, then really cream the pudding for themselves with fasttrack on top.
Have they started fasttracking the mazes yet?...knowing Merlin, if they haven't it won't be long...
Yes, the VIP package includes Fastrack maze access.

Thorpe have always had fastrack option for mazes as long as I've been going
Pretty sure that since they started charging per maze there is no fasttrack. When the mazes used to be free the queues were many hours long it was almost essential to get fastrack, so instead they started charging for mazes and removed the free queue.

I don’t have a particular problem with paying for mazes but the price is way too high now.
Agreed, that's the main problem now. It's a bit like shrinkflation, the mazes stay the same but the prices keep getting higher.

Pretty sure that since they started charging per maze there is no fasttrack. When the mazes used to be free the queues were many hours long it was almost essential to get fastrack, so instead they started charging for mazes and removed the free queue.
Actually yes you are right I think

I saw a comment on a recent YouTuber video upload which stated the new maze location between Curse and FV will be phalanx themed and will be called “The Compound”. And that the dungeons will be themed around Day Of The Dead.

I haven’t included a screen shot so as not to expose anyone, plus I think it could just be a random comment or chancer.

I do quite like the sound of both ideas though, even if they turn out to be pointless rumour spreading.

What’s your source for the fact they ‘make loads of paid entry, mazes, and fastrack’?

Fastrack is high margin, but just curious as to your source for paid entry being such a high money spinner.

What’s your source for the fact they ‘make loads of paid entry, mazes, and fastrack’?

Fastrack is high margin, but just curious as to your source for paid entry being such a high money spinner.
I think he means the park entrance fee.