• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2024

That fits seamlessly with the Hispanic theme of the area, and the resort at large.
Yeah, love the detail on putting the old western mine under a historic English building! The actors really think about the accent and dialect of the people of Alton too! Hats off to the accuracy of this maze!

Reactions: Tom
The Day of the Dead maze in PortAventura is excellent, so the theme itself isn’t the issue. I’m concerned for the execution as the dungeons interior is VERY medieval British looking

I do t think fireworks always makes a loss but it can do if the weather is bad and people don’t show up.

I’ve heard this on the forum before, but the question is, if something is consistently loss-making, then why would a business continue to run the event knowing it’ll lose money?

I think this is why they restricted annual passes for fireworks to only the top tier pass and others having to pay £25. Back when all passholders could do fireworks for free it wasn't so profitable, now it probably is better for them with more passholders paying extra.

I've never been to a scarefest event but intrigued now they have a family friendly option. How does it work usually, is it an upcharge? Do you queue or book a slot?

I've never been to a scarefest event but intrigued now they have a family friendly option. How does it work usually, is it an upcharge? Do you queue or book a slot?
It's part of the £15 "spooks duo" ticket (with Trick or Treat Town), and will almost certainly be bookable separately on a time slot as well.

Last edited:
Disney’s lawyers readying their pens as I speak…
The last bit of the clip with the boy and his guitar couldn’t be more off-brand Coco if they tried. I hope they ran it past some decent IP lawyers to fend off The Mouse.

I’m not blown away by the idea but will see what the early reviews are like, who knows if it does well they could Mexify the entire area and make the new ride fit the theme too.

I thought the other day - one of the few themes that they haven't yet explored in any of their Halloween attractions is this Mexican Day of the Dead type theme.

As Taypru said, the one at Port Adventura works pretty well, although I do think this theme is more suited to a family audience, so I think Alton have got it spot on.

RE that music ad the start of the advert, what song melody is that inspired by? It's probably a custom made piece, but it sounds like they've used the middle portion of the Duel LIVE theme (back from '08) as a bit of influence or is it something else?

Finally, RE the real frights, I really hope the new maze isn't Phalanx-related. I know it's hard to devise new concepts especially when they've covered most of them, but Phalanx is a bit meh IMO. I'd much rather see something Th13teen or Curse-related, but taking it up a notch. If it is Phalanx, I really hope they re-introduce the "splitting up" concept last seen in Sub Species.

On a side note, and I know people say this, but I genuinely had three trips lined up for Scarefest with three different groups, but I cancelled one after it was revealed that there's only one new attraction. I'll probably knock a second one on the head if it is Phalanx-themed, me and my friends want to see something supernatural / genuinely scary / push the boundaries, it's just not worth multiple visits.

Last edited:
As if all of the mazes haven’t been “heavily inspired” by films since the Creative Lead(s) changed in 2016, the new creative lead has obviously continued this trend.

See Davy Jones in Darkest Depths or Harley Quinn’s Birds of Prey outfit in Toxic Junkyard…

And I thought we already had our share of dodgey accents with mine tours but now this! What a treat!

If they pull something off like house of monsters, a brilliant family scare maze which I believe was the creation of Pete Cliff and co, I think this could work. What really made house of monsters fun was the different challenges in each room- the fashion show, finding things- if they did something on a similar line I think that could work. However it is a perhaps challenging space to work with with the sets of the Dungeon still in situ.