• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2024

I saw a comment on a recent YouTuber video upload which stated the new maze location between Curse and FV will be phalanx themed and will be called “The Compound”. And that the dungeons will be themed around Day Of The Dead.

I haven’t included a screen shot so as not to expose anyone, plus I think it could just be a random comment or chancer.

I do quite like the sound of both ideas though, even if they turn out to be pointless rumour spreading.
Sounds fairly plausible to be fair

Is an operating profit of £172,000,000 in the last declared year good enough for you?
The park is packed for scarefest, it is, and has been for years, a major profit maker.
No actual proof, I'm not the company accountant, and "commercially sensitive information" means we won't find out figures for individual events, it is just attendance makes it rather obvious.
To turn the discussion round, do you have any evidence that the park actually loses money at scarefest?
You would wonder why they put in such an effort, every last year, if it loses money.

In my humble opinion, Merlin rake in the cash over scarefest, generating cash four times over, from entrance, maze charges, fasttrack, and VIP packages, with large scale attendance...before you get to the high attendance secondary spend...
That might just make them an awful lot of money.
Unless of course, someone knows better (again) and has the information to correct me.

Last edited:
I saw a comment on a recent YouTuber video upload which stated the new maze location between Curse and FV will be phalanx themed and will be called “The Compound”. And that the dungeons will be themed around Day Of The Dead.

I haven’t included a screen shot so as not to expose anyone, plus I think it could just be a random comment or chancer.

I do quite like the sound of both ideas though, even if they turn out to be pointless rumour spreading.
Does sound plausible, and a Phalanx-themed maze would be great. I'd love a Curse-themed maze as well, though, shame we can't have both. And with the Dungeons it will be interesting to see if the boat ride is used or not.

Does sound plausible, and a Phalanx-themed maze would be great. I'd love a Curse-themed maze as well, though, shame we can't have both. And with the Dungeons it will be interesting to see if the boat ride is used or not.
I think the boat ride has to be used. I can’t see how else they’d do a scare attraction in that building otherwise.

Scarefest is likely a highly profitable event. Moreover, in the last few years, mazes have remained standing all year round and have been recycled. It’s the busiest and longest event of the year… they’re making money.

I’m not sure if it’s still the case, but the fireworks event was certainly the only event that made a loss yearly, but they still run it.

I find it crazy that you can buy these scare maze/attraction combi tickets without knowing the full lineup. I will not consider any purchases until I know exactly everything that’s available.

But you don't have to buy anything yet...simple.
Nobody is being forced to make an uninformed decision.
I'm pleased to say that my possible visit with friends has been pulled, mum has heard of the queues, lack of value and poor operations (No Skyride...sod that then), so other plans will be made.
Must say I'm pleased...I hate crowds.

I think the boat ride has to be used. I can’t see how else they’d do a scare attraction in that building otherwise.
You can make people walk in the trough?

You can make people walk in the trough?

Worked for Movie Park Germany before they spited their Ice Age boat ride.

People will likely buy the maze packages now between FOMO and potentially getting better times to do them (depends on opinion that, but I'd imagine Mrs might want to get them done as early as possible since we'll be splitting group up on the day).

Scarefest is likely a highly profitable event. Moreover, in the last few years, mazes have remained standing all year round and have been recycled. It’s the busiest and longest event of the year… they’re making money.

I’m not sure if it’s still the case, but the fireworks event was certainly the only event that made a loss yearly, but they still run it.

I find it crazy that you can buy these scare maze/attraction combi tickets without knowing the full lineup. I will not consider any purchases until I know exactly everything that’s available.

I do t think fireworks always makes a loss but it can do if the weather is bad and people don’t show up.

I’ve heard this on the forum before, but the question is, if something is consistently loss-making, then why would a business continue to run the event knowing it’ll lose money?

Its funny you should say Day of the Dead as I've heard the same thing but not from youtube, I also heard of a phalanx maze and should the budget allow something themed to the th13teen story.

and should the budget allow something themed to the th13teen story.
Interesting, where would that go if it happend? Would it be a scare zone? I'm sure there was supposed to be another scare zone as well as Burial Grounds last year but they couldn't get enough actors.

I mean, what if AT are planning on something in the future within DF and are using Scarefest as a teaser for it? Maybe stronger taking hold of the forest? Or maybe a tease for a new ride to replace Rita if it's getting too expensive to fun?

I'm using the Sanctuary as an example for this little idea just thought up, so I could be wrong.

Wonderful to finally see some Latinx representation at Alton Towers. It's been el yermo ever since they closed the Mexican Cantina in Mutiny Bay.

I dunno, difficult to tell if it'll be any good from that video? Certainly more than loosely inspired by Pixar's COCO, although I doubt this would bring me to tears quite so elegantly. Well, beyond the additional entry price, at least.