• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2024

Slightly off topic, but relatable to the cuts in Scarefest hours. Has the park ever considered building some staff accommodation which it could let out at a subsidised rate? I know staying overnight won’t be suitable for everyone, but holiday parks that require Ents teams to be doing long shifts every day during peak seasons seem to offer it no problem.

They may have staff accommodation already, but if not I find it bewildering. Especially given the remote location.
I have thought about that before, how they could open till 10PM at scarefest by cycling work days.
For example, Team A works on RMT from 10AM-4PM on Monday then goes home while Team B works 4PM-10PM and stays overnight at the resort, the next day (Tuesday) team B works 10AM-4PM then goes home while team A comes in at 3PM and takes 4PM-10PM and stays over, so on and so forth...

It would probably be too much of a logistical nightmare to do that for the entire park but if they only open select rides after 9PM and kept the rest of the park on the standard scarefest timetable I think it could actually work!

I have thought about that before, how they could open till 10PM at scarefest by cycling work days.
For example, Team A works on RMT from 10AM-4PM on Monday then goes home while Team B works 4PM-10PM and stays overnight at the resort, the next day (Tuesday) team B works 10AM-4PM then goes home while team A comes in at 3PM and takes 4PM-10PM and stays over, so on and so forth...

It would probably be too much of a logistical nightmare to do that for the entire park but if they only open select rides after 9PM and kept the rest of the park on the standard scarefest timetable I think it could actually work!
Where would you house the staff? Having (semi) permanent staff accommodation is one thing, but what would essentially be a staff hotel is another and doesn't seem particularly viable at all.

Booked spooks and frights tickets for Sunday.

Hopefully the park is ticking on all cylinders.

I was thinking today of possibilities for 2025.

1) Compound to remain in current location
2) New Maze setup added behind TCAAM themed to “Alton Manor Conservatory/Garden”
3) New “Wraith” themed attraction in existing dark forest maze
4) TOTT returns as the only towers located attraction
5) Burial Grounds returns
6) New Family Pirate maze added Welcom Inn courtyard (reusing darkest depths)
7) Amigos relocated to 4D cinema
8 New maze setup added to behind oblivion brake run for new Ministry of Joy maze.

That for me would be a nigh on perfect year. Two new container setups added. 3 reused. And gives them maximum flexibility for the future in all corners of the park.