• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest Costumes 2012.

josht said:
Natalie said:
Ben. said:
predicable morph suit haha :)

Can anyone who is getting a morph suit get a glow in the dark one please as it will ruin the ambience of any dark rides and really annoy Wilsy, Thank you!
Would add to if about five people turn up in glow in the dark morph suits

The mopth suit I have looks like a suit; because they are like 30 odd quid a piece I thought I would get that because there is another Halloween doo where me and 2 other people are dressing in them. I also have some skins to wear under, otherwise I think I’m going to freeze my nipps off :)

And I bet a coaster feels really weird in one

morph suit is very very warm indeed i can vouch for that. they keep you really warm but on the way back to the hotel i was literally seconds from pissing myself because i couldent go to the toilet in it at all they look great but are a pain

haha, I've worn one at parties before, they are a real pain, try hanging around the men's toilets, in a drunken state, asking any randomer if they can 'unzip me', you do get some funny looks. I have a bootlace around the zip so i can open it myself and then its just a case of peeling it of like a banana :).

And are you serious about it keeping warm? Because I've only ever worn one in a pub function room, that was really warm anyway, you think it is worth wearing a skin under?

Anyone know if a creme brulee torch is a suitable replacement for a heat gun? I need to shape some foam pieces for some armour plates. :p

I have plenty of spare and it turns out that I may already have a heat gun, but if not, I reckon the torch should be fine (providing I don't hold it too close to the pieces and turn them to dust. Good job the costume is supposed to look worn and damaged! :p

I've been thinking about a costume for Scarefest (Was planning many months ago to be Hel from Wodan's queueline) but due to the logistics of the off-park clothes rush and money saying "Nope!", there's an 80% chance I'll skip out my third year of costume. Ah weeeeeell.

I am needing inspiration this year. I have previously gone as a 'Dead Groom' for the past two years, and I think a change is in order! However, I am not a fan of covering myself in fake blood, and walking around like I'm somewhat dead - I think too many people choose this option as it's relatively easy to achieve!

Anybody, inspire me?

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you like look quite posh walking around park you could always go down the vampire route with top hat etc. Scarecrow do amazing fangs that you can talk normally in and you simply mold them to your teeth, they are more expensive but I've had my current pair well over a year now possibly two and they are still as comfotable as the first day I molded them.

Al: try it outside incase it catches fire ;)
Rowe: There's no shame in recycling last year's costume.

My hip flask has turned up :) It's a perfect match for my fag case :) Only problem is that the belt loop on it's holder wont fit on my 3" wide gun belt. Guess it'll have to stay in my pocket. Ah well.

I don't fancy being the High Priestess of the Nemesite Cult again to be honest, just as last year I didn't fancy being the amateur Th13teen girl again! :p I'll probably figure something out but for now I'm just not bothered!

I've got a no face mask, which looks really good in the dark. However I'd need a full length cloak to complete the effect - the mask on its own simply looks comedic. ;)

Ben. said:
And are you serious about it keeping warm? Because I've only ever worn one in a pub function room, that was really warm anyway, you think it is worth wearing a skin under?

it will keep you very warm, last year i had that on and a very thin sheet costume over it and i was bloody boiling.

SamJ said:
No idea if I'll dress up as I'm still confirming my way up there.

if you are coming up and in my room you are required to wear a costume on the evening

My costume is ordered and is in stock so will be dispatched asap. Only problem is that it's from america again, I can't wait though, only got to get my shoes and petticoat now.

Still debating on whether to dress up or not for the Scarefest meet :p I do have ideas though!

My costume has been dispatched just got to wait for it to turn up at work now. Gaz how long did it take for yours to get here from America?

buying some stick on fangs and adding some white eyeshadow or paint or something to my face to be a modern vampire. bit subtle but will be cool for baring at the actors!

DiogoJ42 said:
Al: try it outside incase it catches fire ;)

Don't worry, I've cleared some space in my garden for my heat-gunning and fibre-glassing. This is going to be fun! :p