• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest Costumes 2012.

Going for a different idea now, hopefully it can be pulled off, although doesn't fit with their 'no masks' policy

Natalie said:
My costume has been dispatched just got to wait for it to turn up at work now. Gaz how long did it take for yours to get here from America?

i ordered my costume from costume craze on august 28th and it arrived September 17Th so that's 19 days

Mines arrived! I'm really happy it's all silky and lovely. Really quick from L.A and no customs charges either, WIN! Just need shoes and petticote now. It only took 4 days which is really good.

I'm not sure whether to dress up this year or not. There's no denying that it's a huge faff, and although my costume last year was fairly practical and comfortable compared to some of the amazing creations meet attendees had put together, by the end of the evening I still wished I was in normal clothes. Spending a cold evening strolling around a vast theme park is easier in a hoodie, and not having a bag to keep valuables in is really awkward.

I was considerably happier with my 'Von Roll' generic 1920s villian outfit last year than the half-baked vampire thing I had going on the year before using the same bought costume. I sort of feel that after two years I ought to have a different costume if I'm going to bother, but there's nothing else I'd rather go as and I don't get many other opportunities to stride around hamming it up!

If I do go for the same thing, I need to make some changes. I need thinner, more comfortable gloves, a fake but decent-looking dastardly moustache to twiddle (I'm not going to try growing one again!) and a cane. The latter was the one item I really felt I was missing last year, but I couldn't find one that looked right and thought security might not like me carrying a stick around. I suppose I'd need to check on that with guest services first.

yeah you really need to come as the magician again this year cheese, it looked awesome last year

BTW like last year i have made a back story to the beginnings of chillie the clown as i did with lord bloodthroat. this years is a bit longer and alot more detailed but i got carried away with it.

A Chilling Start

it was a cold dary and foggy morning outside of alton village where chillie was helping draco the knife thrower to sharpen his blades for the evenings performance. "is it me or has there been some strange goings on since we setup the bigtop here?" draco asks in his dull, grotty voice.
"the horses have been unsettled and wolfie has been on edge the past coupke of days but nothing out of the ordenary"chillie replys shurgging his solders draco carries on sharpening his large and rather heavy axe's when wolfie sprints towards them, his face paniced and his actions on a knife edge.
"ITS THAT, ITS THAT" he howl's pointing into the forest the other side of the clearing but in his panic trips on chillies large and flat shoe chipping the top of his right ear on the axe draco is sharpening. sitting up clutching his ear he blurts in a panic "its cursed, what happened in that place has cursed this village. draco and chillie laugh while draco explains "Wolfie, its just an old forest. there is no curse". "yeah then what about the legend of the fallen branch and the strange death of that little girl" says wolfie still holding his ear with a little blood now seeping from between his fingers. "thats all it is wolfie, a legend. you dont become cursed seeing some little girl, ghosts dont exist and neither do ghosts. theres no such things as ghosts, gouls, goblins zombies or jedwood. SAY IT". draco sturnly looking at wolfie he repeats "theres no such thing as any of that. wolfie stands up his fingers decidedly red with blod walks
off with his tail between his legs. chille looks at draco "that was abit harsh wasent it?". draco again shrugs his sholders and carryies on sharpening his blades.
later that day in the circus arena chillie is practicing his baffonery for the performance that evening when there is a sudden amount of screaming and racket from behind the arena. one of the horses bursts through the curtsains ar full sprint kicking and protesting about being in the area with a procesion of performers running in behind it. in its discomfort it kicks a rope that was holding one of the stage props above the area in place which suddenly swings across the arena striking
the horse which immediately goes limp and crashes to the ground. blood pouring from its eyes and ears chillie looks on shocked, holding onto one of the support beams at the edge of the arena he looks around ans sees a small girl sitting at the opposite edge of the arena quietly and staring back at him. as the performers gather around the horse chillie steps off the side of the arena and walks sharply to where the girl is sitting shouting " hey you girl, were not open, this is not for you to see".
one of the performers looks up and in a calm voice shourts to chillie "who are you shouting at?" chillie stops, quickly looks at the performer and points at the place where this child was sat and then quickly looks back but to his surprise there is nobody to be seen. covering the horse in a white sheet the ring master stands on the stage over the main dors and proclaims "the show must go on" but now chillie has his doughts about the truth of the curse of which wolfie told him.
day turns into night and the bigtop lights up with alot of colours and jolly music pouring from the bigtop. with guests pouring through the entrance to the large tent the show does indeed go on and the bigtop springs into life but tonight chillie is feeling nervous and on edge. with the first half over chillie and draco stand behind the main curtain waiting for the ring master to introduce them to the arena. chillie turns to draco and says "do you think that horse saw somthing that spooked it, you know. like a ghost?". scowling at chillie draco snaps "are you on about that bloody legend and curse. its a load of hohar thats not to be belived so get it out of your mind now. there's no such thing and nobody will die if they see a ghost girl so save your sillyness for in the arena OK". nodding chillie looks back to the curtain still feeling a little uneasy but there was no time for it as draco steps out into the areana with his beautiful assistant. draco then set to strapping his assistant to a big wooden board and walked back to
the other side of the ring when chillie came out into the ring on his unicycle making fun of draco and taunting him as was part of the act and then stopping infromt of the board to make faces. draco then started throwing knifes at him while chillie skilfully dodged the blades narroely missing the assistant."haha ya missed me stupid" chillie shouts as draco turns to collect his axes. chillie turns to cycle off when in front oh him appers the little girl. as draco throws a sucsession of 3 axes chillie falls backwards right into the path of all 3 axes. 1 hits him across the eye, one across the side of his face and one in the center of his chest. chillie lands on the ground in a pool of blood disfigured and screaming.
every adult in the audience gasps and all the childern in the audience laugh as draco rushes to help his long time friend and partner. draco turns chillie over onto his back and lifts his head. whith his final breath chillie raises a tightly clenched fist and scerams "the curse, the children". the bigtop is quickly evacuated and chillie is covered in the patchwork quilt he has has since he was born and rushed to the first aid caravan but nothing could be done, chillie was already dead.
the weather taking a turn for the worse draco sits in the first aid caracan holding chillies cod dead fingers from under the quilt a flash of lightning and wolfie appears at the door. "i told you didnt i the curse will take a life tonight". jumping to his feet and grasping wolfie by the neck draco screams at wolfie "what do you know fo this curse". wolfie looks down at chillie and carmly and quietly states "theres a way to bring him back, lay hin before the tree in chains and make a ring of blood sacrifice and his life may
be restored". leting wolfie down draco turns towards chillie but upon turning back to look at wolfie he has dissapered. draco picks up chillies body and runs out into the storm chillie still wraped in the patchwork quilt now soaked in blood. running trought the dark cold forest draco comes upon an old oak tree covered in chains. draco runs towards it and drops to his knees in the mud and lashing rain. chillie how layed out infront of the tree of chains draco puls a knife from his boot and slits his hand from his thumb to his little finger and lets the blood drip in a circle around chille. with a might bolf of lightning it hits the chains in the tree which glow instantly red hot but nothing happens and chille is still lay there cold, stiff and very dead, when draco sees a line of spiders coming from the base of the tree to run under the quilt? as draco lifts the quilt a had springs up and grabs his throat. rising to his feet still cut from the blades chillie grips firm and tight to draco rising him off the floor. staring dead into dracos eyes the spiders gather on chillies red pokerdot hat and chillie speaks quietly but angerly "you did this, you let
them laugh the children, you have set me free and now you shall be punished for it". removing the axe from his chest chillie throws draco to the ground and in one clean swipe cuts his torso in two.
he then throws the axe at a near tree and walks into the forest. he stops and turns looking at whats left of draco "i will silence the laughter, they shall scream for me"
to this day many children have gone missing in this cursed forest and the clown has been seen only in october so if you ever see him dont laugh, you may be the one he wants revenge on.

Wow.
I'll be honest, Gaz, I've not read that yet. I'll save it for later (when I need to fall asleep) ;) But you get a thank just for the effort involved in writing that wall of text!

Dave, there is no shame in using the same costume, especially when you improve on the same character year on year. It lets you spread out the cost of an epic costume. You've seen how my pirate get up has improved over the last three years.

I would say there should be no issue with a cane. Gaz had one last year, I think. Plus me and Hils were fine with our LARP swords. I guess a metal spiked cane would be pushing it, but a wooden cane is no different to a walking stick.

On the subject of "weapons", I finally have a holster for my flintlock. But should I leave it? Legally, only modern replica guns are illegal. The law bans anything after 1800.... Mine is a French Cavalary flintlock, circa 1800 ...

...I guess it couldn't hurt to wrap a bit of orange leccy tape round the barrel at least! :p

But, if I do wear it, that makes going on rides a no no. It's hard enough just having a hat and sword baldrick to leave in cages! Maybe save it for the post park drinks in Ma's?

What do you guys think?

I tried my costume on last night not only does it fit but it makes me look slimmer, but I need to remember not to eat a heavy meal before lacing up as it was slightly uncomfortable last night. I am unsure about my wig now as it doesn't look half bad with my naural hair colour,what do you guys think? To wig or no to wig?

I still need inspiration for a costume! Ideally, I'd like to wear a Masquerade mask, but I don't know what would go with that, that's both practical and comfortable enough to walk around in all day.

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

thanks diogo and its a work of love scare costumes. i tried mine on last night and it looks so wicked its ineradicable. when i receive the finishing touches it will look fantastic

yes last year i had a black staff so i shoudlent see why any cane would be a problem. also work on that evil laugh cheese, needs to be spot on

Is anyone wanting help with makeup? I will be offering my services for a alcoholic drink or a couple of quid which ever you prefer. I can do anything just post your ideas on here or pm me! I love doing makeup as most of you have realised plus I want to actually start a portfolio this year. Check out what I can do here!

Although I sadly won't be at Scarefest*, am I allowed to post that I would want to wear this epic costume if I were to attend?

LLCVampireCostume.jpg

:D :D :D

* - and, even if I were, I would never dress up, so it's a moot point...

Not sure how many rides I'll be able to go on if my costume is good enough to show in public. Is it acceptable to not go on certain rides with when you're in costume? :p