• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest Costumes 2012.

Just as long as it's not that sexist "only women get cancer" charity that won't allow men to help them....
...But that's a rant for another topic.

I don't think the majority of guys on this forum need an excuse to wear drag tbh. Most of them do it on a weekly basis.

No it would be Cancer rasearch UK which is for everyone. I don't see why we shouldn't give back and turn something we do for fun into something that can help people?

They are cool, I've worked on a charity music festival for them in the the past.
... but this is getting off topic.

Absolutely enraged. Returned home to find a New York CSI patch instead of a UNIT patch in the post. The trousers I intended on wearing as well don't fit and so I'll return those too.

Grr!

I don't know what I'll do now.

So....I now seem to be going n need a costume but want something a bit more inventive than just the basic zombie i went as last year....tricky! **reads thread for inspiration, whilst trying not to copy any ideas**

How about V from 'V for Vendetta', or Hellboy? Seen both of them on Ebay at good prices. :)

Thanks for the suggestions BigAl.

Anyway - costume sorted! Should be goooood :D

As for what it is, here's a hin......oh wait, sorry someones let the animals out, cant be hinting anything right now - you'll just have to wait until the meet!

NOOOOOO! Rowe, Surely you can complain and get the right one sent out asap?

Given that riding will be too much hassle in my expanded pirate garb, I might just hang round Mutiny Bay and out-arrr the real pirates :p

Plus the Tavern is there ;)

Well the costume I intended to wear looks cheap and tacky, so might just resort back to the original plan of wearing last years again. Complete with extra dust and mold :p

Mould? Wherehave you been storing it? You could always go in drag? I have a wig a spare costume and can do make-up.

Well James started it last year with his naughty Essex school girl and I just like it. It's funny and I know most of the males on TST could pull it off.

Bad news, my initial UNIT Officer costume is cancelled due to difficulties. I can't reinvent nor find a viable costume that's cheap and not 'Oooh look at my cleavage and my legs' in the amount of time left (taking into note that I can only visit local fancy dress shops that have websites) so overall it looks very, very slim that I'll be featured as a costumer in the Splash photo. Sorry if I've raised expectations for a while here!

Don't know if I should be slightly offended there Rowe, but as the film Mean Girls says "In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total wench (meant to be the s word but didn't think it was appropriate for the site) and no other girls can say anything about it."

Don't worry, Nat. I'm not aiming at you but apologies if I have offended you.

It's purely that costumes for almost any fancy dress occasion for women always show off the bust and legs thus, whilst I respect that a certain amount of women and girls (such as yourself) will want to for occasions, I don't want to and it doesn't help that a large range of cheap costumes follow that style either.