• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

Leaked slides for all 5 parks doesn't sound very promising. Won't people get friction burns when all the water leaks out? ;)

Soft openings begin today!

Staff preview went well yesterday, here are some of the Shamu Stadium team at the end of the ride:
42727662_2204346899810916_4182344852542849024_o.jpg

Smiles all round!

Credit to Midway Mayhem.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Looks excellent! It's actually a bit longer than I thought it was going to be.

Hopefully, since this looks as good as it does they'll sort out Journey to Atlantis too, that ride looks to be a shadow of its former self at the moment.

Looks excellent! It's actually a bit longer than I thought it was going to be.

Hopefully, since this looks as good as it does they'll sort out Journey to Atlantis too, that ride looks to be a shadow of its former self at the moment.
I'm not defending what they did to JTA, as quite clearly there are not as many active effects as in the past. However I do really like the new ride audio and most of the lighting changes they made.

Not a fan of how Medusa doesn't light up anymore. There was talk that they decided to remove this to make the attraction more kid friendly. I do remember being terrified of Medusa on the ride as a kid, but it's all part of the fun IMO.

I'm not defending what they did to JTA, as quite clearly there are not as many active effects as in the past. However I do really like the new ride audio and most of the lighting changes they made.

Not a fan of how Medusa doesn't light up anymore. There was talk that they decided to remove this to make the attraction more kid friendly. I do remember being terrified of Medusa on the ride as a kid, but it's all part of the fun IMO.

To be fair, I haven't been since 2013 so I'm only going off recent POVs. The new audio probably does seem better on ride. I think the lack of Medusa is the biggest issue for me, like you said I remember it being a bit scary as a kid.

Aren't they also adding new theming to JTA soon to fit in with Kraken Unleashed, or did I imagine that?

I last rode JTA in August 2016, and while I did like the dark ride scenes, I don't remember getting very wet on it and I remember the coaster section being quite rough, although it might not have helped that I was sat towards the back of the train and that the ride was 18 years old when I last rode it.

Infinity Falls looks amazing, though!

Infinity Falls does look like a great rapids ride and is just what the park needed. Lovely views from the top of the drop over to Mako as well!

I just hope that the Intamin vertical lift is reliable.

:)

Just sayin :p

Infinity Falls is now open!

SeaWorld announced their new annual pass offerings which I will not bore you with and they also revealed a brand new thrilling water slide coming to Aquatica Orlando in 2019: KareKare Curl.

karekarecurl_660x410.ashx

For a few weeks I've been hearing rumblings about the CEO of Parques Reunidos, Fernando Eiroa, becoming the new CEO of SeaWorld Entertainment. Mr Eiroa has now suddenly resigned from Parques Reunidos.

It was only a few months ago that Parques Reunidos attempted to buy all 12 SeaWorld parks.

Infinity Falls has reopened, by the way :)

Last edited: