• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

I don't dispute the credentials of B&M.

This just isn't anything majorly unique. Like, we know how this will feel and ride.

Of course, I am sure it'll be good.
I get the impression SeaWorld are struggling after the Blackfish nonsense, hence Tempesto, so they're playing it safe by getting something big to try and draw thrill seekers in without pushing the boat out for anything extreme.

I think this will be a good investment, it will markets to a wide range of people and hopefully should somewhat draw attention away from Blackfish.
Animated POV

Spectacularly average B&M Hyper, will probably go right into the middle of the hypers, like Silvia.

This also has the 'Shambhala effect' - putting a much bigger B&M in front of a B&M that was designed to form the iconic skyline of the park, and therefore making both look a bit rubbish and messy.

5HUdM0T.jpg

4YmarvV.jpg

I think it is very hard to judge an airtime machine until you've ridden it, more so than for other coasters. You just don't know exactly what or how the airtime will be. A great looking layout could produce no airtime due to poor profiling, yet a blander looking layout with perfect profiling could be brilliant. I think this will fit the park very well indeed!

:)

I'm kinda disappointed. Whilst Orlando needs more airtime coasters, this doesn't look like anything particularly special. 200ft just isn't that high for a coaster anymore.

Was expecting better, first half especially, seems about half the length of Intimidator.

Oh well, it's at Seaworld so it's not like it was ever something I'd have wanted to ride anyway.

Seems like it'll be a decent solid investment. Not exactly mindblowing, but something that'll allow it to stand out from the rest of the coasters in Orlando.

fury 325 was something to be proud off at 325 ft but 200ft seems a bit poor really considering shekira (I know it's not Orlando but it's about 45mins away) is 200ft.
Hopefully it should be good ride

I'm pretty sure that the parks in Orlando are capped at 200ft? The Polarcoaster had to apply for special permission to get off the ground, something that I guess parks can't be bothered with, considering all the others are limited by it as well.

At least they've built a hyper like a hyper should be built. With airtime. Definitely looks better then Fury 325.

The first half looks absolutely B&M hyper by numbers, it'll just be 85% of Silver Star. I like the look of the curvy 2nd half though, that should at least offer some a change of experience which many B&M hypers lack.

Whilst negative media campaigns are giving Towers a tough time at the moment, SeaWorld is struggling even more so with 'brand challenges'.

The Independent said:
SeaWorld has been getting negative press ever since the controversial 2013 documentary Blackfish, which claimed to expose animal cruelty at the parks.

More visitors than ever are deserting the parks, according to the company's latest results. The company saw its net income drop 84 per cent in the three months ending June because of problems with attendance and what it called ‘brand challenges’.

Joel Manby, president and CEO of SeaWorld, said that he expected revenue to improve now most of the expenses relating to their 'reputational' campaign were behind them.

The share price tells its own story: in 2013 shares were worth $39. By Friday they were worth $18.

Source.

Mako track is on its way to the park:

CMn_hNIWcAAvpub.jpg

CMn_hNHWEAA0i8x.jpg

Meanwhile as it was National Rollercoaster Day over in the USA yesterday, SeaWorld posted an animated POV of the coaster:

:)

Not bad. :) Anyone else thinking that final turn looks like it might have a Manta / Swarm style fake splash?