• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

Blaze pointing out what should be obvious. This is very boring and conservative given that it's being installed at one of the most visited parks in the world. Obviously if it was being built at Pleasurewood Hills it would be a different story.

Does anybody know who manufactured the 3D Turtle Trek cinema thing at SeaWorld, and how much it would have roughly cost? I just thought it was a really great attraction and would like to see something similar in the UK sometime, if these types of thing offer good value for money.

SeaWorld have revleaed the logo for Mako:

db_2016_MAKO_LOGO1.jpg

Construction is yet to go vertical.

:)

Twitter account Pixels at the Park claims these dark rides are going into SeaWorld, Orlando and CA.

Pzn0GEx.jpg

3mn2SdY.jpg

Sudden dramatic splurge of investment on rides seems to indicate that they're preparing long-term to get rid of the whales - they must know it's only a matter of time.

Can't be any worse than the dark ride already there.

The Shamu Show at San Diego is being phased out during 2016 to be replaced with an orca experience in 2017 which will be more informative and has a more natural setting. No doubt the SeaWorld haters will still moan about this but short of killing them or releasing them (which is also killing them) there's not much else they can do.

I'd imagine long term this will spread to their other parks including Orlando.

God, Empire of the Penguin is possibly the worst dark ride I have ever been on. It's just so.......frustrating, that a ride with that technology is so, so poor.

It's just a waste really.

Yup. When I was there they had someone guarding the back entrance so you couldn't even go and see the penguins without having to queue up for an eternity, sit through that 'attraction' and then go through that way. Such a waste of a decent ride system.

Interesting how these new rides are geared towards promoting their 'convervation efforts'. I think it's little too late in regard to the Orca shows - you can dress that bathtub up all you want but fact is it remains a bathtub, and a small one at that. The park is a commercial entity who cares not about the wellbeing of these whales but about corporate gains - proven by their change in strategy only after they've begun to feel the heat in the media.

If you think I'm a 'SeaWorld moaner' that's absolutely fine - but we live in a world where forcing whales to interbreed with each other and live in minuscule habitats whilst being made to perform (however 'educational' it may be) should be considered barbaric.

I could go into way more detail, but the information is out there and I recommend reading it if this is at all interesting to you.

Say what you like about the layout looking 'boring' or 'uninspired', I just love seeing brand new B&M Mega Coasters going up. This really is going to add very well to the existing Florida coaster line-up!

U2gr59b.png

Another angle of the first drop, to say the coaster is only just on the 200ft mark that drop is a lot steeper than I thought it would be. It also seems to pull out rather early and have an almost prolonged downwards section at less of an angle before actually leveling out completely?

I am in full agreement with Rob, I do always love watching these B&M mega's rising into the sky!!

Reactions: Rob
They really seem to be cracking on with this, good for them!

Hopefully it's not just a B&M Mega rising out into the sky, but also a cemented new direction for the park.