• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

There's certainly a few out there: Batman TDK, Superman Madrid, Wildfire, Vortex, Oblivion, G5, Patriot, Firebird, Scorcher, Himalayan Eagle.

So with the trains, I can see them being a new standup design featuring vest restraints. The configuration I imagine would be similar to Shambhala, where the riders are in a V formation. Where it gets interesting is that I think it’s likely that that V would have the people standing out at a 45 degree skew from the direction of travel. The riders on the left of the car would be stood with their right leg leaning forward, and vice Vers for those on the left side of the car. That would provide the most intuitive surfing position without sacrificing viewpoints, and would be the most aesthetically pleasing train option too. It also means any gubbins required behind each rider wouldn’t really be visible to other riders in an intrusive fashion

I hope any of that made sense !

*edited to add a crude illustration of what I mean. The arrow shows the direction of travel. the restraint is angled forward in the direction of travel on an adjustable pivot, and the height is also adjusted to each rider to adopt a natural surfing position.

2YqGl1i.png

Last edited:
So with the trains, I can see them being a new standup design featuring vest restraints. The configuration I imagine would be similar to Shambhala, where the riders are in a V formation. Where it gets interesting is that I think it’s likely that that V would have the people standing out at a 45 degree skew from the direction of travel. The riders on the left of the car would be stood with their right leg leaning forward, and vice Vers for those on the left side of the car. That would provide the most intuitive surfing position without sacrificing viewpoints, and would be the most aesthetically pleasing train option too. It also means any gubbins required behind each rider wouldn’t really be visible to other riders in an intrusive fashion

*edited to add a crude illustration of what I mean. The arrow shows the direction of travel. the restraint is angled forward in the direction of travel on an adjustable pivot, and the height is also adjusted to each rider to adopt a natural surfing position.

2YqGl1i.png
That's a really great mockup @tayspru and it clearly shows the concept for the trains. Now I've visualised them like this I have to agree that's how they'll be laid out and designed.

2YqGl1i.png

excellent mock up but can’t help thinking, what’s the point? It looks like it may be an uncomfortable position to stand in and I can’t see what benefit it would bring

excellent mock up but can’t help thinking, what’s the point? It looks like it may be an uncomfortable position to stand in and I can’t see what benefit it would bring

I don't think this would be too uncomfortable, it should feel more of a natural position when going at speed while standing. Surfing, skate boarding, riding a scooter etc... You stand sideways looking forward. This certainly looks like the way to go with a new style stand-up coaster. And with a name like "Surf Coaster" it makes perfect sense it would be something like this. Especially with that leaked layout, I think we can all agree it makes zero sense for it to be a standard sit down seating launch coaster straight after Ice Breaker.

One rumour is the 2023 Drayton coaster project will feature a swing launch. So maybe we will get something like Ice Breaker, something that’s fits the family thrill market.

Needs to be something pretty good to make up for losing Apocalypse.

This looks great and something like it in the UK would do really well. I do not however like the colour scheme and I don't think it suites the name either maybe that's just me?

Orlando’s Journey to Atlantis has just closed for a big refurbishment. Mack will be coming in to retrack the coaster sections of the ride, the building facade is getting repainted and I understand there will be changes/updates to the effects on the dark ride section as well as a new audio system installed.