• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

I think something similar to Ice Breaker would fit very well into Drayton Manor for their supposed 2023 coaster. It’s rumoured to have a swing launch and be 800m long (1/3 longer than IB), and with IB’s non-inverting nature, I think something similar to it would fit Drayton Manor’s brief very nicely, personally!

I think something similar to Ice Breaker would fit very well into Drayton Manor for their supposed 2023 coaster. It’s rumoured to have a swing launch and be 800m long (1/3 longer than IB), and with IB’s non-inverting nature, I think something similar to it would fit Drayton Manor’s brief very nicely, personally!
I would absolutely love an Ice Breaker-style ride to come to Drayton! Would be a perfect fit for them, as you said. :)

where did these rumours come from

where did these rumours come from
It was from a video by Coaster Chall, whose Drayton source has recently been very reliable (for instance, he correctly predicted the contents of Adventure Cove, and what would happen at DMP in 2021 in the first place).

The surf coaster is still to me the most interesting project going on around the theme park world. This coaster will be key to what we can expect from B&M over at least the next decade. Look at the 2010's we had the wing coaster and quite a few got build I think we could well see the same. Seeing a new model from B&M is rare but usually a good treat, they don't release something that isn't as close to perfect as they can make it.
In summary I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops and I'm glad work has started up again.

In a very intriguing development, Ice Breaker's height restriction has risen to 54"; the same as the 3 B&Ms:

I don't know about you, but to me, that's a really interesting development; there was an awful lot of hype about this being a "family thrill coaster" due to the height restriction, even by the park. So now that they've raised the height requirement to the same as the B&Ms, it would almost appear to nullify the ride's original purpose, in a sense. I guess it could still function as a "starter thrill coaster", though, for people who can't quite work up the courage to ride the B&Ms, and it does still fill the void of a launch coaster, so it's still a very worthwhile addition to the lineup in that regard.

Most interestingly of all, VelociCoaster up at Universal Orlando, which is vastly larger and appears more intense than IB, actually has a lower height restriction, only having a 51" or 52" height requirement (I'm not sure which)... I wonder what made SWO up the height restriction? I did hear reports of people saying it was more intense than expected (I've heard "more intense forces than Mako" thrown around by a few), so maybe SWO felt it was too intense to be a family thrill ride?

Yeah this seems a bit illogical, I thought the whole point of Icebreaker was to be a family thrill coaster. I really don't understand why they are doing this unless they've had some sort of incident we don't know about?

So Iron Gwazi is more suitable for younger children now than this?

Plus now if they've committed to the 'surf' coaster that'll likely be another 54' coaster with what we usually expect from B+M. So it could be a while before they actually build a suitable family coaster at Sea World.

Just watched this review of Ice Breaker from Canobie Coaster, and he mentions that the reason the height restriction was changed was because smaller riders hit the belt buckles during sudden/emergency stops (ouch). The temporary height restriction is the same as the other Premier coasters with comfort collars. They are hoping to revert to the originally intended height restriction once they find a solution. :)

Apparently two steel beams have been removed from Iron Gwazi after a guest's hand apparently struck one of them (yikes).

Definitely not a hands-up coaster if you ask me. :tearsofjoy: