• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

If any manufacturer deserves a bit of slack, it’s probably B&M. They do have good form when it comes to designing roller coasters. On paper, though, it does seem a bit odd. There are advantages to a two abreast coaster from the point of everyone having an outside seat. At the same time, throughput is probably the biggest issue with standup coasters, and smaller trains won’t help with this. I haven’t been on Fly, but that has revolutionised the flying coaster. Maybe B&M are about to do the same thing with the stand up coaster. But this could also end up being pretty mediocre.

It's a nice video, but the artwork for Emperor made it look better than it was. It’s hard to imagine B&M coming up with a bad coaster, but I also feel like I should be more excited than I am.

I suppose the flip side is that there are a lot of coasters in the Orlando area. They wanted something that was genuinely unique, and given their recent track record, something that wasn't too reliant on theming. I can see why Sea World went for it.

Last edited:
I guess it in part depends what the target audience is for this thing. Have I missed something to suggest this is nailed on somewhere ?

B&M have dipped their toes into the "junior" market (not sure that has paid off yet), perhaps this is firmly a family attraction ?

I guess it in part depends what the target audience is for this thing. Have I missed something to suggest this is nailed on somewhere ?

B&M have dipped their toes into the "junior" market (not sure that has paid off yet), perhaps this is firmly a family attraction ?
I can’t remember an exact height, but I seem to remember that BGWFans’ expose a few months back suggested that it would be a fairly tall attraction, thus rendering it unlikely to be a family attraction. I don’t know that for sure, though.

It could be a family friendly attraction. I don’t know how easy that would be with a stand up coaster, in terms of safely accommodating a wider range of heights. But a family friendly stand up coaster could be a genuine usp, if they could get the height requirement down to 1.2 metres. I haven’t thought about it in much detail, so I don’t know how the logistics work. Is one of the challenges that you would have more variation in the gap between the crotch and shoulders? But it might well be possible to do. I think stand up rides have traditionally had 1.4 metre height requirements. For example, on Apocalypse the sit down side is 1.2 metres, whereas the stand up side is 1.4 metres.

Quite possibly, to clarify, I was meaning something family friendly when compared to their other rides.

Ice Breaker tried (and arguably failed) to fit into that space and that's 93ft / 30ish metres.

While the leaked plans showed its not going to a super intense coaster by any stretch I would say it will be more on the thrill side than family. Its certainly more thrill than icebreaker from the looks of the leaked plans (plus features a large corkscrew in the middle of the ride). Prob not as high thrill as the parks other B&M's but I suppose depends how fast the launch is.

Attachments

• Overview-1-1-scaled.jpg
    Overview-1-1-scaled.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I definitely don't see it being a family friendly coaster. The sheet nature of a stand up coaster isn't very family friendly to look at.

Regarding the point on Stand-up taking longer to load In theory this doesn't have to be the case. If you just had to stand on a spot and the restraints could automatically fold around and fit you it could be the fastest loading possible, easier than climbing into a seat.
I certainly expect the traditional bike seat you have to adjust yourself to be reworked on this ride.

Now I have seen this. To me, the surf element suggests that there is nothing between your legs. No ball busting cycle like seat. Or, atleast not in the traditional way. That would be like surfing in the sense there is nothing between your legs. But then that brings in complications to stop people getting out the bottom of the restraint.

Who knows. Not sure what I think of this design to be honest. To early to tell to be fair so I shall wait to pass judgement.

Now I have seen this. To me, the surf element suggests that there is nothing between your legs. No ball busting cycle like seat. Or, atleast not in the traditional way. That would be like surfing in the sense there is nothing between your legs. But then that brings in complications to stop people getting out the bottom of the restraint.

Who knows. Not sure what I think of this design to be honest. To early to tell to be fair so I shall wait to pass judgement.

Didn’t the original patent show some form of seat ? This isn’t a stand up coaster
Your not surfing as such…..

See this link

https://behindthethrills.com/2022/01/new-patent-seaworld-surf-coaster-train-layout-restraint/?amp=1

that patent doesn’t mean it’s for this coaster. They also filled a patent for a new stand up restraint system. The Seaworld teaser video shows riders stood up.

Does it though? It’s not very clear at all from that video