• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

I don't really 'get it' but I trust B&M enough to think that it won't suck.

On a hill or bunny hop, I guess your seat gets air but I'm not sure if you do too ?

Scientists, assemble.
You would assume that the track profile giving airtime + the seats getting airtime = guests getting even more airtime, I'm no expert but that seems like the aim here. Seems like the seat motion could also serve to cushion positive forces.

This looks like B&M’s solution to the problems with their baby which is stand up coasters (namely the pain to the bit between the fun parts and the emergency exit), dressed up as a new experience.

Doesn’t mean it will be anything other than great and I’m sure the marketing will if successful help B&M sell more.

It looks really fun, and I look forward to hopefully riding it next June (provided all goes to plan)!

I’ll digress that I’m perhaps a little unsure about the bobbing seats and what effect they’ll have, but I have full faith that B&M have thought about every detail.

The layout itself looks great fun!

All hail B and Ms decision to start making really weird coasters.

Looks like it should be fun, and better than any of the stand up coasters I've previously ridden.

Names a bit meh though, 'High Surf' which they'd used in the marketing previously sounded better to me.

You would assume that the track profile giving airtime + the seats getting airtime = guests getting even more airtime, I'm no expert but that seems like the aim here.
I wondered that, but typically, the feeling of airtime is accentuated by the fact that your body is trying to escape a static seat / restraint - but does the fact the seat is moving counteract that ?

I'd imagine the main reason for the moving seats is improved comfort. Instead of you being pushed up into your restraint or back down into your perch, the seat will move with you and take away some of that discomfort.

Definitely an interesting concept. You can tell this coaster is more of a prototype as the layout is quite basic. But if successful it will be good to see what other parks and B&M do with it.

Don't knock it until you try it......but I haven't enjoyed any of the 3 stand ups I have done so my expectations are quite low. Hopefully it will ride much better than the older ones.

When you think about it we very rarely stand still when we are stood up. It's actually a skill to stand without moving for long periods of time.
So having a restraint that gives actual freedom of motion while still securing you could work really well. I could imagine bending and jumping right before hitting an airtime hill could also be quite the experience!

Its an interesting concept and i do think it will be a hit for the park.

However I would like to see B&M's take on a multi launch with their clamshells. Surprised we haven't seen it happen yet.

Although the coaster itself does intrigue me and I like the concept, does anyone else think the name Pipeline and especially the logo are just a bit naff?

Yes, but most of Seaworld's branding in the past few years has adopted a similar style, more adjacent to Six Flags than their closest competitors at Disney and Universal. I have to presume this is a deliberate choice to sell the park more realistically, rather than a complete lack of imagination. Seaworld's image in the 00s was much more aspirational.

I haven't visited the park in years, but its appeal to myself and my family was always that it maintained a more gentle pace and atmosphere than any of the other parks in the area. That might still be true, but I couldn't have anticipated that their future strategy would simply be to build loads of coasters.