• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Blaze said:
Going a couple of pages back, this IS the track type on the plans. The layout was done in tri-track on NL and the software they used to export it turns tri-track into the Maurer style track on the plans.

Therefore the track type of the plans is not the same as the track type delivered, you've said it yourself there! May I ask though how you/we know that the layout was done using tri-track in NoLimits? I've not seen this confirmed anywhere.

I have quite a few photos from today but won't be able to get them online til tomorrow now!

:)

Rob said:
Blaze said:
Going a couple of pages back, this IS the track type on the plans. The layout was done in tri-track on NL and the software they used to export it turns tri-track into the Maurer style track on the plans.

Therefore the track type of the plans is not the same as the track type delivered, you've said it yourself there! May I ask though how you/we know that the layout was done using tri-track in NoLimits? I've not seen this confirmed anywhere.

I have quite a few photos from today but won't be able to get them online til tomorrow now!

Someone tried it out. Can't remember who, it was months ago, before the revised documents, and on the old site. Took a ride built in tri-track on NL (possibly the recreation) and exported it as a 3D object, and the track shape of the model was the same as the one on the plans.

Am I the only onw who thinks this coaster should have a vertical loop? The only coaster on park to have one is Nemesis, and even thats inverted. Loops are traditional, but at the same time quite scary & itimidating.

So I was wondering if that track piece that looks quite tight, but not banked could be the top pf a loop? If it was the top of another inversion, it would be slightly twisted. If the plans are changed, could it be a possibility?

I'd say a vertical loop is more than possible, though looking at Gerstlauer coasters there aren't too many that do have them, it tends to be some of the earlier Eurofighters. I hope it does have one though!

The plans could be different from what we are expecting but i am really erring on the side that they will be broadly similar. The ground work to the Oblivion side of the site that we see in the construction pics could very easily be necessary to facilitate the construction of the batwing/cobra roll. The spot height marks on the plans show the level of land in that location - not where the track dives below ground which the plans show will need to be excavated.

Whats interesting me is the amount of excavation below the station area...

I know there was some serious pit dug for Oblivion; but has there been this much excavation work done since Nemesis? Digging is expensive!

From TS FB:

The nearest track piece is the first I've seen with roll in it - there must be quite a bit on site now. Anyone have any idea how much is left to arrive?

318853_397080560362394_1436306589_n.jpg

The Psychoaster said:
From TS FB:

The nearest track piece is the first I've seen with roll in it - there must be quite a bit on site now. Anyone have any idea how much is left to arrive?

318853_397080560362394_1436306589_n.jpg

Ooh getting exited now! This is a lot of track and i think there is still a few trucks yet. When you think about it the track has to have supports which will come as well so i think there will be more. I wish i could go and see it!

Secret Weapon 7 Music ( your ideas)

If there is one thing that makes a great ride, is a great atmosphere, and one thing I think that is really important to this is the musical score. I mean imagine Nemesis without that great score, it just wouldn't be the same. What music do you think will suit the theme of Secret Weapon 7.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05k3HQxQjeU[/youtube]
I think something along the lines of this would be awesome, I personally think that this sort of music would really suit the theme of the area and ride.

Would love to see what your opinions are and what else you think would suit.

Re: Secret Weapon 7 Music ( your ideas)

Whilst that sounds good, I'm not sure if it'd fit in with the theme of SW7. It just doesn't seem to be very dischordant, which - in my view - would work better. I'm uncertain as to what exactly would work better, but something a bit faster-paced could fit in more.

Now I'm no expert on coasters when they're lying in pieces but the bits of track we've seen with parts of inversions in them look rather tight! If this thing stays nice and smooth, and with the amount of inversions it's set to have, it could be one hell of an intense beast! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Right time for my photos from yesterday!

First of all, some track photos:
P1140476.jpg

P1140477.jpg

P1140478.jpg

P1140480.jpg

P1140482.jpg

On to the main construction site:
P1140485.jpg

Close up at re-bar and concrete work:
P1140486.jpg

Lots of concrete down now:
P1140488.jpg

P1140489.jpg

P1140490.jpg

You can see that concrete has been poured at two different levels as it were. Photos don't show this as clearly as seeing it with the naked eye does:
P1140491.jpg

A close up look at how the initial area where concrete poured is about a foot lower than other areas:
P1140497.jpg

A couple from the top of the site:
P1140499.jpg

P1140500.jpg

And finally some more track:
P1140503.jpg

P1140504.jpg

P1140505.jpg

Enjoy! As usual all photos taken from areas of the park fully accessible to the public. Please do not replicate my photos. TowersStreet may use them as they wish.

On the planning docs they gave a colour code for the track. Someone mixed the colour professionally and it did indeed turn out a very dark blue. In the images I can only make out it as black or dark grey. Hopefully in person it does have that slight tinge of blue, as it'll really set the area off and differentiate the ride from Oblivion :)

(Plus, we all know Alton can't be trusted with black rides. Th13teen already has white patches showing through! :p )

If it is dark blue then it is very very dark blue; it just looks black in person. I think the reason at times that it comes across as a dark blue is due to reflections on sunny days.

It's definitely a cool colour if it can appear different dependent on where the light reflects off of it... However, as Ian says, the chances of it remaining anywhere near this colour are slim :(

Rob said:

Looking at the site now is really confusing me. If they are indeed going for the 'cut and cover' technique, looking at the high points of those concrete walls then the ground level is going to be awfully higher than the previous ground level. It's all very confusing, if the ground level is going to be higher then the track heights are going to be different. I'm just failing to imagine now how this ride will look. What ever comes in March will certainly be a surprise!

Great photos as always mind, Rob. :)

I'm still trying to work out why the supports have pale ends to them. Are they blanking caps or something for transport? It's going to look messy if they're actually painted like that otherwise...

In other news if rumors are true and this is the world's first coaster to have a washing machine element I hate to break it to Alton, but Plopsaland have already beaten them to it.

img_0001_24_187.jpg

;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.