• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
to echo other comments i cant see any track being erected in the next few weeks, still a lot of groundwork to undertake. Would have been interested to see the stealwork for the station so we can get an idea of the true size of it but c'est la vie as Bewtiched once said

They won't want the track lying around in the rain/gathering dirt for too long. It also takes up a lot of room. I can see supports going in fairly soon. Whether that will be before the park closes, is another thing.

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Anyone know if more track has been delivered today?
I believe that there are members on park today who will report back later as to whether or not there is any more track that has arrived. :)

Let's just hope they don't get taken by the Ministry of Joy! ;)

It wouldn't be the first time a forum has flown over a park to get exclusive pictures.... Some members of Lodge Loonies did that that during the construction of Skitzo Squirrel! :p
Not saying they stole my idea or anything.... but they did.

Legally there is nothing to stop them doing it. It's not as if the park is restricted airspace. People have flown over in light aircraft before, and got some amazing pictures. The worst that can be said is that it's not exactly cricket.

Though I'd be interested to know, if someone is having lessions, are they really going to be able to take photos at the same time? Pretty sure you can't carry passengers while learning, and it's not as if you can switch a light helicopter into auto-hover and take your hands of the controls.

Well, whatever. I'm not going to complain if they do manage to get these pics. Good luck to them, even if it is a tad unsporting.

My argument is that they are going to be paying a lot of money to fly over on the off chance that something good and worth photographing is there. It would be a complete waste of time and money flying over and all the workers are on holiday and the element they are sure is going to happen is actually covered up or not installed yet.

I think it'll be pretty hilarious if someone spends >£100 to book a helicopter flight to find nothing to take pictures of.

BigDave said:
My argument is that they are going to be paying a lot of money to fly over on the off chance that something good and worth photographing is there. It would be a complete waste of time and money flying over and all the workers are on holiday and the element they are sure is going to happen is actually covered up or not installed yet.

Solution - Ride Oblivion ;)

and get kicked off the park for taking a camera onto a ride. I also think your forgetting the park will be closed during most of "Closed season". Best solution is to go to the park (they normally let you pop down to the hotels anyway) and see if anything much is moving. There are also a few winter weekends where parts of the park will be open (I can see X-sector staying closed). You can always then go and look over the fence at any construction.

Just thought I'd post that Alton Towers has posted this video. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9Q_eCT7h8&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]

RyanY said:

The video blurb is interesting...

To mark the final week of the Alton Towers Resort's 2012 season, the UK's number 1 theme park projects a unique optical illusion onto the famous Towers ahead of launching of its world first rollercoaster, currently codenamed Secret Weapon 7. The image will be a key part of the ride experience when it opens on 16th March 2013

So that pretty much confirms to me that the ride cars will rotate one way while a big spiral rotates in the opposite direction to make riders feel like they're spinning faster. I love that optical illusion - it's like the rotating tunnel in Duel. Makes me feel queasy every time!

it seems i have caused a debate on TTF over the fly over issue so probably best to draw a line on it here to :)

adsyrah said:
The video blurb is interesting...

The image will be a key part of the ride experience when it opens on 16th March 2013

So that pretty much confirms to me that the ride cars will rotate one way while a big spiral rotates in the opposite direction to make riders feel like they're spinning faster.

No! Not at all! How does that confirm that in the slightest?! They could put a big picture of the spiral in the station and it would be a key part of the ride experience. Please don't jump wildly to conclusions that have roughly zero evidence at all, yet present it as basically fact. You've taken a piece of marketing non-information and extrapolated a complete ride element and experience from that - it's insane. I hope you're not a journalist or a detective.

Rupert <3

Maybe I'm just cynical after Thirteen, but they've literally only said a drawing of a face will be involved in the ride. Let's not get ahead of ourselves in any way.

BigDave said:
and get kicked off the park for taking a camera onto a ride. I also think your forgetting the park will be closed during most of "Closed season". Best solution is to go to the park (they normally let you pop down to the hotels anyway) and see if anything much is moving. There are also a few winter weekends where parts of the park will be open (I can see X-sector staying closed). You can always then go and look over the fence at any construction.

Other solution - bring a ladder ;)

Can we move away from the whole helicopter issue here, it's up to TT what they spend their money on and I imagine everyone here will view the pictures, and its TT's business how they conduct their relationship with Towers. Keep to Sw7 and direct any TT related feedback to TT :)

or you could just go and stand in the field that you can see from X sector and use a high zoom camera.

Sorry Dave. I posted that before seeing your request

RyanY said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9Q_eCT7h8&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]

Awesome! I've been looking for a video like that! Having not been able to go to scarefest, love it!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.