• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Spark said:
They should offer a couple of seats with just lap bars, see how we'll they are taken up on and bang your next ride is full lap bars

I don't think they would do that, it would turn out to be very expensive I'd imagine.

Not so. The only reason why the B&Ms have the seatbelt is for "comfort" purposes. Ie to give the illusion of additional safety to the public. The harnesses work perfectly well without, but the public wouldn't like that.

The harnesses for SW7 will likely be in a similar vein, depending on what the car itself is like

I think the seatbelts on B&Ms are mostly to keep insurance companies happy, even though no B&M restraint has ever popped open mid-ride, ever.

The public don't seem to mind that Saw (and other Eurofighters) and rides like Samurai have OTSRs but no seatbelts. :)

They measure the maximum position on the restraints. If they can't click, the restraints aren't locked.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Jared said:
They measure the maximum position on the restraints. If they can't click, the restraints aren't locked.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

That's not altogether true, the harness has a proximity switch to determine the restraints are locked a good example of this is Rita which currently has two different lengths of seatbelt strap, if the strap was responsible for determining the locking position why have two vastly different lengths.

As far as I can determine the strap is simply an extra fail safe and adds an element of reassurance.

Not entirely true. The seat often locks before the belt is fitted. B&M have even said that they want to do away with he belts as they reduce throughput.

Edit: Dave beat me to it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Was at the park today and noticed a bit more track is in the car park. It's starting to fill up. ;D
scarefest2012053.jpg

scarefest2012052.jpg

scarefest2012051.jpg

scarefest2012038.jpg

scarefest2012031.jpg

Those pieces of track are clearly jet-black. The track on the plans was a rustic metal colour. The supports also look very futuristic with the silver parts. Could this mean SW7 is not going to be a usual merlin-shipping container themed attraction???

Just hoping!!!

;)

I think the plans stated the track colour was black, its just that the image which was exported out was rusty colour. I believe the same was to be said of Th13teen

I believe the track colour used on the plans was as it was purely so that it could be distinguished against the rest of the plans, this is the same as with other recent rollercoaster planning applications. (see the plans for th13teen and the swarm :) )

EDIT: here you go...

171758_10150102256852430_653277429_6275146_3108064_o.jpg

It's not compulsory as not all plans have this feature, but it definitely makes the ride itself easier to make out.

I can't believe we are discussing track colour when it's right here in-front of us for everyone to see.

Might as well join in though. It's black but not pure black. There’s a hint of another colour to make it stand out more. If you want the exact colour code it’s in the planning documents (not on the images in the plans as they only show track as a wireframe mesh). I think this is exactly the same colour as Oblivion when it first opened although I never saw the ride at that time.

Oblivion was matt black. This is high gloss. It looks to have a hint of blue in it to me. A bit like the colour the SR71 Blackbird was (only because the RAM coating was matt it looked black to the eye. Had it been shiney it would of had a blue tinge). Keeping with the aviation theme, Oblivion used to look like a F117 when it was black. Now it looks more like a knackered old B52 :(

Rob said:
The fact that people feel unsafe here in the UK going on an inverting coaster that only has a lap bar is one of the reasons SW7 will almost certainly have OTSRs, which is a shame. I'm sure that lap bars will have been considered for the coaster but I doubt we will actually see them.

Has any research been conducted to verify that most UK visitors find lapbars unsafe on rollercoasters? Otherwise, it's pretty much just speculation.

Blizzard said:
Those pieces of track are clearly jet-black. The track on the plans was a rustic metal colour. The supports also look very futuristic with the silver parts. Could this mean SW7 is not going to be a usual merlin-shipping container themed attraction???

Just hoping!!!

;)

I don't think there are any silver parts. The different colour parts you see are just primer. This will be where they are in / on / between concrete / other material or joined together.

The supports will just be one colour I imagine.

Although maybe I missed a picture.

ThemeParkJack said:
Is it just me or do the supports look a lot different too other Eurofighters?

I think the finish looks more metallic and shiny than others. I presume this is because it's new, but if the supports are shiny silver, that would be quite nice.

Yeah. Its just looking at these and comparing them too Saw's there completely different! I know it would be due to layout but i dont understand why there completely different.

ThemeParkJack said:
Yeah. Its just looking at these and comparing them too Saw's there completely different! I know it would be due to layout but i dont understand why there completely different.

Could be down to the fact that this ( i think ) is the first eurofighter that's incorporated into the terrain around it, therefore new style supports had to be created to fit :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.