• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Please do not post images from other website, especially by covering up their watermark, people spend alot of time and effort in gaining images, its not very respectful to abuse their work.

Please however feel free to link directly to the other forum website (if applicable) and credit them too.

Don't know if anyone knew of this but it seems Bottletop, the company who created all the videos for the Nemesis Sub Terra attraction are yet again working for Alton Towers, this time creating video for SW7.

I find the quality and professionalism of the videos in the Sub Terra queue and ride to be excellent and I am glad that Bottletop are yet again working for Towers.

bg2dd.png

Many thanks Ben. I appreciate you sorting this out without any intervention/request from TowersTimes.

We will of course be on the lookout on our forums for anyone reposting anything belonging to TowersStreet if you have specifically asked for it not to be reposted. I’m glad we have a mutual respect in this area.

ryanlovesaltontowers said:
Don't know if anyone knew of this but it seems Bottletop, the company who created all the videos for the Nemesis Sub Terra attraction are yet again working for Alton Towers, this time creating video for SW7.

I find the quality and professionalism of the videos in the Sub Terra queue and ride to be excellent and I am glad that Bottletop are yet again working for Towers.

This is indeed good news! With the exception of the crab standing in for a young nemesis the sub terra videos are fantastic quality and help make the ride so much more immersive. Hopefully they will have the same effect on SW7!

Ooh I love the Sub Terra videos so I'm glad that the same company are being given the chance to make them for SW7 - hopefully they'll be great!

Also, Shame the bi-rail track photo gives little to nothing away about the inside part of the ride!

EDIT:
Also, just read an interesting comment on TTF whereby somebody suggests that maybe 'The Smiler' is registered as a new name for Enterprise? Interesting thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Chris.TT said:
Many thanks Ben. I appreciate you sorting this out without any intervention/request from TowersTimes.

We will of course be on the lookout on our forums for anyone reposting anything belonging to TowersStreet if you have specifically asked for it not to be reposted. I’m glad we have a mutual respect in this area.

People are free to post anything on TTF as a forum (or any forum for that matter) so long as its credited and linked back to TowersStreet.

However this is off topic any further questions feel free to contact the team or use Guest Services

:D

Im glad the same company are working on SW7 as Sub-Terra as I really like the Sub-Terra videos, which pretty much says there will be queue line videos, videos involved in the ride, pre show, etc .

As long as there is some big 3D spinny twirly Smiling logo (like the 3D Sub-Terra logo) ill be a very happy man on opening day :D

And I want a big twirly logo on Enterprise (which of course will spin when the ride spins).

Looking at the material finishes for SW7 it states the track colour will be RAL 7021 which is a Black grey.

RAL7021.gif

When you have a look at the photo's of the track it does indeed look black but if you look closely its not but the colour above.
track6.jpg

Is there a possibility that Oblivion's original colour was RAL 7021 as well but due to weathering it's now the sun bleached colour we see today? Turning my brightness up and down the colour on both the images above goes grey when it's turned up but when I turn it down it goes Black, could this explain why depending on the light conditions when old photos of Oblivion were taken it could indeed look black If Oblivion was originally this colour ? Is there also a possibility the track colour of SW7 was purposely picked to match Oblivions original colour so if its repainted it will match ? I say this as in the planning documents it states the finishes of the ride will copy the style of the surrounding rides and area. Its just a theory.

Ive been a long time lurker on TTF and here, finally decided to join in. In the pics the track has always looked a green-black to me (or at least on an iPhone screen). I decided to see if it was just my eyes so I checked my Pantone guide at work. RAL 7021 is equivalent to Pantone 419, which is indeed 25% green.

adsoldroyd said:
Ive been a long time lurker on TTF and here, finally decided to join in. In the pics the track has always looked a green-black to me (or at least on an iPhone screen). I decided to see if it was just my eyes so I checked my Pantone guide at work. RAL 7021 is equivalent to Pantone 419, which is indeed 25% green.

I was about to post that I had also been sad enough to do this :p

I recommend to anyone who wants to have a real idea of the colour of SW7, that hasn't seen the track in person, to try and look at a Pantone guide (not the app, its terrible). You realise just how much your phone/computer screen and camera distort the colours in the pics.

Which I guess links to that pic of oblivion and to why people think it was jet black. I first rode oblivion in 2000 and remember it being nowhere near that dark

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.