• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Can't deny that although these are only teasers, they will make the majority of people who watch that video wonder what the heck it was and therefore go and search it. Kind of viral marketing but it's not quite gone viral yet going off that view count ;)

Well let's face it, the logo implies: duelling, inversions and looks similar to that roll thing where the things duel.

Just noticed during my updating of the SW7 Wikipedia that someone removed the TowersStreet link at the bottom, leaving only the TTF link which had its title changed (I've replaced it as of now). The same person also added a TTF reference in the article. Not to draw too much from that but pretty pathetic from whoever did it.

Doesn't the below confirm that the sanctuary is to do with SW7? If the source is accurate ( which im sure it is )

Marketing head Katherine Duckworth said: “Details of the new ride coming to the theme park in 2013 are still a closely guarded secret but we know that people are hugely excited about its arrival and want a hint of what is to come.

“The Sanctuary is set to make Scarefest more terrifying than ever, and give our guests the chance to experience a preview of our new ride before it opens to the public in March,” she added.

The Psychoaster said:
Just noticed during my updating of the SW7 Wikipedia that someone removed the TowersStreet link at the bottom, leaving only the TTF link which had its title changed (I've replaced it as of now). The same person also added a TTF reference in the article. Not to draw too much from that but pretty pathetic from whoever did it.

Just to clarify we don't believe that has anything to do with TT, just a general editor on Wikipedia :)

I absolutely love this teaser image, I just hope it'll be the logo for the ride as I can imagine this image on keyrings/t-shirts/phone covers etc! I've already got it as my phone background n I'm planning to get it onto a hoody...yes I love it THAT much!

44C18E73-D280-481A-BDE1-6BEAD83ABC9D-2269-000001D28F9AB42C.jpg

RustyRider said:
I absolutely love this teaser image, I just hope it'll be the logo for the ride as I can imagine this image on keyrings/t-shirts/phone covers etc! I've already got it as my phone background n I'm planning to get it onto a hoody...yes I love it THAT much!

44C18E73-D280-481A-BDE1-6BEAD83ABC9D-2269-000001D28F9AB42C.jpg
Nice to see that you've got a direct link to TowersStreet on there. ;)

smudge said:
Doesn't the below confirm that the sanctuary is to do with SW7? If the source is accurate ( which im sure it is )

Marketing head Katherine Duckworth said: “Details of the new ride coming to the theme park in 2013 are still a closely guarded secret but we know that people are hugely excited about its arrival and want a hint of what is to come.

“The Sanctuary is set to make Scarefest more terrifying than ever, and give our guests the chance to experience a preview of our new ride before it opens to the public in March,” she added.

That quote is from official marking lingo released by the park, but you know what they are like - it could have the weakest or strongest of connections to SW7 when it's launched next year.

I love that picture so much that I've claimed it as my Avatar. :p

And I agree this picture will look great on any merchandise that they can put it on.

It is a very good icon, I can imagine SW7 marketing will step up when Scarefest hits, even if construction is still at ground level.

On that point I can really see a situation where we don't see SW7 opening on opening day. Construction is at least a month behind before we hit any winter delays!

It really would appear that we are rather behind on Construction. I know there has been lots of extensive ground work to take place, but we haven't even seen concrete yet, let alone track or vertical construction!!

As a comparison, 13's track arrived on 18th Sept 2009, and here is a pic of the site on the same day;

normal_sw6_180909_06.jpg

(Pic taken from ATA)

By Oct 3rd 2009, we had this;

normal_sw6_031009_02.jpg

(Pic again from ATA)

The 3rd of October is less than a week from now... We are nowhere near seeing this, and this ride is much much larger than Th13teen. If we don't see track arriving soon, I will be a tad worried.

Another comparison, Saw built by the same company as SW7, on this exact date, Sept 27th, looked like this;

P1020566.JPG

P1020653.JPG

(Pics from TPM)

Why are we not seeing this kind of work yet? Again, SW7 has much more construction work in terms of steel than Saw had! If we get a bad winter, this isn't going to open on time!! :p

They are behind schedule, it's obvious. I don't think they've been helped by all the rain that we had in the summer but they really need to learn to start projects earlier to compensate for this, it is the UK after all. I think they're still expecting a March opening but if we have a harsh winter they really could be pushing it a hell of a lot. They need to up the rate of construction to make up for being so behind, even if it is going to cost more.

:)

Totally agree with that Rob, they do need to up the construction speed if they are serious about getting this complete to a good quality and open on time in March!!

I personally don't have a problem with a later/potential Mid Season opening in Say May/June, if it means we are going to get a better quality attraction if they are pushing it for March. However, and this is a big however... The General Public will NOT like this at all! It is not a common thing in the UK, unlike the USA who usually open stuff mid season. This is not normal practice in the UK, and thus the public expect new rides on opening day of the season.

So really... If they want to keep everybody happy, Towers need to get it open in March! Especially if they potentially print a date on the Scarefest Gate Map etc.

On a side note, some pics of the site today have been posted to Alton Towers Guide's FB Page

5.jpg

A Pre Fab Footer shell can be seen in this pic, just to the right of the right hand wooden post!

2.jpg

More pre made concrete slabs and some new steel work.

So, perhaps construction is hotting up. It could potentially shoot up as soon as they pour the footers... They just need to get a shift on with doing that tbh!

It's like Construction Groundhog Day. Every day there seems to be some new concrete/prefabs/steel beams that appear and disappear without appearing to be used anywhere. Bar the hole, the site is exactly the same now as it was in June. Depressing when you hear about places like Universal implementing 24/7 construction to get rides open by a certain date, whereas here there are just a few diggers working 9-5, 6 days a week at most.

Even in those photos I'm shocked by the lack of progress since I last saw the site myself. Sure things have progressed but it's nothing major at all. Ok there's lots of digging that needs to be done but really that should have been done a month or so ago. It's worrying, the site looks in no real state for coaster erection yet, parts of it still look a mess!

I just hope that if it is looking like it won't be ready for March that the park will delay rather than rush and open something half-assed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that Alton Towers do not want the track to be seen by the public at all and that we will not see anything before the end of the season.

There is absolutely no cause for concern whatsoever and I think that the chances of it not being ready for opening day are extremely remote.

Now the slashing of effects/theming, now that could be a different story....Air/Thirteen/Sub-Terra anyone?

Im fairly certain all the track is ready and some of the steel work if not all of it will be on site already. They are clearly running behind a bit, most of the basic ground work should be done by now, but Im sure they can pull it back as long as they can get the footings and other concrete bits down soon.

Tom said:
I believe that Alton Towers do not want the track to be seen by the public at all and that we will not see anything before the end of the season.

There is absolutely no cause for concern whatsoever and I think that the chances of it not being ready for opening day are extremely remote.

I'm certain that's not the case. Anyone desperate to see the track will be able to see it during the closed season anyway by looking through the trees on the main road, sure it's not a great view but with no leaves on the trees it will be in view. They are definitely about a month behind schedule, I've heard this from numerous sources. They probably don't want us seeing any track that could make this a worlds first, but I can't imagine them having a problem with the public seeing standard coaster track, even if it does turn out to be different to the plans. It would just be silly to leave starting track construction til a little into November, it's late enough as it is for a mid-March opening.

I too have worried at the lack of development, and I dont think we will see the ride ready for season opening - am I worried? No.

I would sooner Alton take their time and do it properly, we do not want another Sub:Terra or 13 style when the ride simply cant cope come opening, I really want them to take their time and develop this ride, and test it so its not going to have a turbulent first season.
I doubt it will happen though.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.