• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
My prediction, we won't see track (at least at the construction site) before the theme park closes on 4 November.

I also don't think there is any evidence that they are running behind schedule at all. It'll be open on 16 March no problem in my mind.

These entire programmes are controlled by engineers from start to finish, it's not just some cafe-dwelling, tea-supping, rear-showing builders let loose.

I'll second that.... They've had such a long time to get things rolling, everything seems to have taken twice as long as it could have. As soon as they get the place shut there will no doubt be a swarm of activity, weather depending that is... Wouldn't want anymore stupid rumours about concrete flying about.

I'm going to old out judgment on what he site layout will be until next Friday when I'm going again, hopefully the site will have more to tell then.

There will be a harsh winter. And the ride will be late.

Merlin are so predictable that it's inevitable. And it'll be their own fault for leaving it so late.

So, it is part of their schedule to complete the majority of building works during the closed season....then what happens if it snows from November to February?

Seems like a very risky plan...

Danny said:
Please tell me I'm not going to be the only one to sit here laughing if we have a bad winter, and get to say "I told you so" to Towers next year?
A part of me will certainly point and laugh... I do love a good "I told you so" *COUGH-Sub Terra-COUGH*
However, I obviously don't want that to happen.

If you ask me, with Th13teen the only reason they were still able to get so much done over winter is due to the fact that the site was so incredibly flat. Once the tree felling was done it was pretty level all the way around. Compare it to this, which as a huge hole, and steep hillside to overcome. The slightest bit of snow or ice and it's going to make moving anything large or heavy a nightmare.

I too am still skeptical about this opening on time. I reckon we'll either see it opening a bit late, or opening on time but being half finished, with some large aspect missing (Here's looking at you spider). I would have hoped they'd learnt from Sub-Terra V.1 not to rush to meet a deadline. Failing that, I wouldn't be surprised if they opened it on the day stated for press releases, etc, then closed it for another couple of weeks to finish it (Though I really hope they don't try and pull that one).

So yeah... Still not 100% sold on the date as of yet :p

Is there any way we will be able to see anything construction-wise from within the park after the 4th of November? Is there any obscure road which can be accessed and pictures taken through the trees type thing? Or will it just be complete secrecy until March?

The Psychoaster said:
Is there any way we will be able to see anything construction-wise from within the park after the 4th of November? Is there any obscure road which can be accessed and pictures taken through the trees type thing? Or will it just be complete secrecy until March?

Helicopter...:D

Being serious, there is only that road that is near Oblivion that I know of and that is to far away? Maybe get a few odd pictures of the top sections of track but would of thought that would be about it?

I have ideas for getting photos during the closed season, there are various different public places where you can see into X-Sector!

Anyway, it is now time for me to attempt to prove that the track on the plans is incorrect; using my not so fantastic paint skills. First of all, the plans show this:

side-elevationedit.png

It is clear that the is a new ground level lower than present ground level, and the outdoor track goes down into this new ground level. All well and good, until you see the work that has been going on at the site. Things do not add up. Enter this photo:

side-elevationevidence.jpg

I know it's not the best editing but you get the idea. The top of the new walls they are constructing are higher than present ground level. The photos don't show exactly how much so I have had to guess with the editing but when you see it yourself it is clear that they are a fair bit higher. The say the ground level here is meant to be lower though, that now surely isn't possible? The walls prevent ground level being as it is depicted in the plans. Therefore in my opinion the plans are wrong.

Feel free to counter my theory, I could be missing something obvious! A few of us were discussing this at the weekend though and all agreed on what I've pointed out here.

:)

Rollercoasters4Life said:
The Psychoaster said:

Being serious, there is only that road that is near Oblivion that I know of and that is to far away? Maybe get a few odd pictures of the top sections of track but would of thought that would be about it?

You could rent a Mircodrone at http://www.microdrones.co.uk/aerial-pho ... v-uas.html

But i dont think AT would like things flying above there site.

delta79 said:
Rollercoasters4Life said:
The Psychoaster said:

You could rent a Mircodrone at http://www.microdrones.co.uk/aerial-pho ... v-uas.html

But i dont think AT would like things flying above there site.

If someone has a spare £2k lying around then - give it a go! ;)

All you need is a half decent RC helicopter with a camera on it. You could make one for a few hundred. I'm sure between us we can scrape that together....

... or, you know, we could just get lives and wait till it opens (late).

DiogoJ42 said:
All you need is a half decent RC helicopter with a camera on it. You could make one for a few hundred. I'm sure between us we can scrape that together....

It would be humiliating though, watching the builders laugh at our dire contraption as we stand in some bushes on the other side of the fence desperately trying to stay within RC range on a freezing December morning.

I think your latter suggestion may be the more preferable :p

DiogoJ42 said:

Or we could all get together to dig our way into X Sector somewhere within the trees - I'm sure we would be done before 16th March, unlike SW7...:p

Or as you say we could just get lives and wait till it eventually opens...hell, I'll get the shovels! :D

Wow if the rides worth 18 million hopefully its going be brilliant cant wait !!

Just going back to the planning side of things, how much can they actually deviate from the original plans they submitted to the council?

LiamC said:
Just going back to the planning side of things, how much can they actually deviate from the original plans they submitted to the council?

In theory the track can be quite different as they were only submitted as a reference to give an overall idea of what the ride could look like.

However there are some limitations. Firstly the high points will likely remain the same. For example the section at the top of the lift was focused on specifically in the plans because it would be visible from the towers. Second the station and 3 themed objects must remain the same. They have written themselves a slight loop hole by saying that the legs of the spider like thing might not be in the exact positions as shown in the plans but that still doesn't give them a lot of freedom.

While I agree with Rob that construction is starting to look very different to the plans it is the other end of the site I’m interested in. As I noted before the high points are unlikely to change. So where is the trench for the vertical lift hill? Before now I assumed that they were going to dig out the rest of the site first before doing that section as it’s currently being used to get the diggers in. But if that is the case there is a whole lot of landscaping left to do!

This place will be so disappointed when this opens on schedule.

Still, we'll always have the shipping container jokes. They'll never get old.

Its pretty safe to say there are some changes hence why they said its only a representation. As long as the dueling cobra roll / bat wing exist still I am happy with whatever

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.