• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sorry for the double post, but having said that - Chris TT has just posted the following:

We have taken over 4000 Ariel, firework and SW7 photographs today (Friday).
We will only be selecting a few to release, a lot more will be integrated into the new TowersTimes site when it goes live, as they relate to each ride, and every area of the park. This does however mean the team need to go through a lot of photos and organise everything, so we will be bringing you SW7 and firework photos tomorrow rather than tonight.

TowersTimes has also been donated photos of sections of an attraction that have not been seen on-site before, and will surprise some of you, we will be revealing these photos in due course.

At TowersTimes we have spoken to a certain member of management and we have taken the decision to blur out the secret element of SW7 when it arrives until it’s covered.

This is entirely our decision, and the reason we have come to this conclusion is as we don’t want give away every aspect, because it may ruin some of the anticipation. However once Alton Towers gives the go ahead for the secret element to be reviled, or another fan site leaks conclusive photos of what it is, we will show you our construction photos in full detail.

It’s been a long day, I would just like to say many thanks to our TowersTimes member who’s a commercial airline pilot, he wishes to remain anonymous, however he voluntarily flew us over to take photos. We stuck strictly within the airline guidelines, and when the park is empty we will be able to go down to much lower level.
Be sure to keep a close eye on http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/ and http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7 over the coming months!

Many thanks to the TowersTimes fans for your on-going support!

Chris-TT

Ok, so its clear from the aerial photo posted here http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/cont ... #msg687376 (sorry didnt want to steal the pic?!!) that the pit as seen on the right in the photo is the entrance to the cobra roll and the pit on the left which has the little metre high wall around it and is at a slight angle is for the exit.

This is clear from the plans as below which shows the exit of the cobra is angled away slightly - pretty much confirming that atleast this section of track is the same as whats on the plans :)

nNLiM.png

And I guess the pit which is currently being pumped water out of to the left again of the exit pit will be entirely underneath the station "canopy" area.

AK said:
Like so (sorry rubbish qual, but you get the idea)

iA1Hz.jpg

That doesn't really fit in at all. You've just superimposed the plans over something that looks completely different. The left side of the pit on that image is not a mirror of the right side, something you would expect with an element like the cobra/batwing which are symmetrical. They appear to have cut the pit off on the left side at a diagonal, and there are not nearly as many footers there than on the right side either.

The Psychoaster said:
AK said:
Like so (sorry rubbish qual, but you get the idea)

iA1Hz.jpg

That doesn't really fit in at all. You've just superimposed the plans over something that looks completely different. The left side of the pit on that image is not a mirror of the right side, something you would expect with an element like the cobra/batwing which are symmetrical. They appear to have cut the pit off on the left side at a diagonal, and there are not nearly as many footers there than on the right side either.

I hear what you are saying... this is my interpretation - the image i created admittedly is rubbish but all i could achieve on the laptop - but i still think it shows what i'm getting at. You say that you would expect the cobra to mirror and be symmetrical - yes of course, but the track from the exit of the cobra clearly veers off to the left, as shown in the image below.

gaJyv.png

the superimposed image i posted fits this veer very nicely indeed. Also, there are clear footer foundations in the middle of it all for the entrance and exit of the batwing.

Again, just my interpretation - but i think its pretty valid!!

I love this TT thing, with the secret element and the pictures. Its like a backstage pass, where you have to wear a blindfold.

This is probably random to the current discussion but I thought it would be worth sharing;
Apologies if this has already been speculated

The current phrase/slogan of SW7 is "New World Beating Rollercoaster". Which to most of us is quite a unique way of putting across how 'super-duper' the new ride is going to be. However the term beating is used when mixing together the egg yolk and the egg white. The colour scheme of the hypnotic faces are yellow and white, so far that's two references to the egg theory(as odd as that sounds).
What also caught my eye whilst on-park a while back when Spinball was closed (during SW7 hype) a sign across the gate mentioning 'eggman' causing problems (obviously a Sonic character) but with the closeness of the two coasters, could we be seeing a sequel ride to that of the somewhat out of place Sonic Spinball?

I hope not, but could this mean the Giant spider theming is some sort of destructive robot/machine housing 'Dr. Robotnik' aka Eggman?

Does "The doctor will see you now" sound familiar?

splosh999_dr-robotnik.jpg

Hopefully my return has been somewhat useful :)

If SW7 is in any way, shape, or form related to Sonic, I will jump from Bliv's drop into the hole.

Luckily, that is the most bizarre theory I've heard and the likely chances of that happening are minuscule.

SW7 - Sonics Weapon? ;-)

Clever theory, but chances are minuscule (in my opinion) - at least, I hope so!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T said:
SW7 - Sonics Weapon? ;-)

Normally Eggman/Shadow is the one with the weapons. So I highly doubt the 1% chance anyway. But SW could be Sonic's/Scratch's/Silver's Weapon. Even as a gamer I might have to agree with Danny there. *Waits for a enraged Eddie's response*

I could see Alton wanting to keep it, I'm still in hope for the area retheme in 2014 to be Sonic-based as Kerrigan expressed Alton's love for IP's at a certain birthday do and the area retheme is assumed to be Adventure/Storybook Land as it is for the family. But now I'm going off topic. :p

But a genius idea with Robotnik-Kelman nonetheless but I think it'd take a while for the GP to make the Sonic connection but dat image. I do think we would of had a bit more reference to Sonic right now though.

There were rumours a few months back that SW7 would have an IP although this was disregarded very quickly so I somehow doubt they'd go for an IP with SW7. Alton Towers will only really go down that root when it can fit in some way with the rest of the area.

There's laws against flying over populated areas. I'm surprised if they were allowed directly overhead and low enough to get good pictures. Suppose it depends how many people were at the park.

Stelios said:
T said:
SW7 - Sonics Weapon? ;-)

Normally Eggman/Shadow is the one with the weapons. So I highly doubt the 1% chance anyway. But SW could be Sonic's/Scratch's/Silver's Weapon. Even as a gamer I might have to agree with Danny there. *Waits for a enraged Eddie's response*

I could see Alton wanting to keep it, I'm still in hope for the area retheme in 2014 to be Sonic-based as Kerrigan expressed Alton's love for IP's at a certain birthday do and the area retheme is assumed to be Adventure/Storybook Land as it is for the family. But now I'm going off topic. :p

But a genius idea with Robotnik-Kelman nonetheless but I think it'd take a while for the GP to make the Sonic connection but dat image. I do think we would of had a bit more reference to Sonic right now though.

I'm not angry at you, don't worry ;)

Danny said:
If SW7 is in any way, shape, or form related to Sonic, I will jump from Bliv's drop into the hole.

Luckily, that is the most bizarre theory I've heard and the likely chances of that happening are minuscule.

But why?! It's such a great franchise ;)

But seriously though, I really can not see SW7 being Sonic themed, it sounds so bizarre! To me all the themeing doesn't look like anything related to Sonic. The spider monster looks like the giant robots from War of the worlds, rather than something from Sonic. I'd be surprised if Alton approached SEGA wanting to Theme SW7 to Sonic, however I wouldn't be surprised if it were the other way round since SEGA are trying to get the blue hedgehog back on his feet.

What makes it even stranger is that there's no Sonic game announced for next year (yet). What I mean is that when Spinball Whizzer was rethemed to Sonic Spinball, it was sort of tied in to Sonic and SEGA all stars racing (which came out a week or two before the start of the 2010 season) but since there's no Sonic game coming out in March, I find it quite strange...

You lot may think I sound crazy, But I don't want SW7 to be Sonic themed. It just doesn't seem right and all the Nineteen Eighty-Four theme style suggestions sound a lot better.

Only games I can think of that'll match this theme would be Bioshock or Portal.

and that won't happen.

eugh... Sonic, can't they let that franchise die in peace... modern Sonic is terrible.

It won't be Sonic though, terrible idea.

I'm sorry, but isn't it obvious? X-sector. EGGS - SECTOR
Everyones been wanting a Adventure Land retheme for ages, here it is, combined with X- sector.
Oblivion's going to be painted bright orange, to match Sonic Spinball, and that'll also tie in with the Fanta Sponsorship thats coming back!

Sorry for the sarcasm... I'm just thinking a sonic theme, for such a new, dark and twisted coaster is so.. never going to happen. Sonic's aimed at kids- SW7's not.

I'm not a massive fan of either, I just keep classic for nostalgia reasons.

Either way, topic... coooommmeee baaacckkkkk.

Rollercoasters!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.