• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I was expecting the lowest point of SW7 discussion would stop at guessing who the manufacturer was when Gerts turned up on site. This is taking it to a whole new level....

I'm quite confused by the fact that what we're seeing on the construction site currently matches the plans in absolutely no way at all. It's actually rather doing my head in! Also there seems to have been hardly anything done at the top of the site where the lift hills are apparently going, so the whole scenario is both strange and frightening to me. Grrr.

Hopefully once supports and track start going up it'll become clearer.

I'm assuming not much needs to be done at the top of the hill itself, just the structure put over the bogs and the two turns after the lifts [that's if the plans are indeed accurate]. I can see that part being left until last as it's also a convenient place to store steel work temporarily until it's ready to be moved into place.

EuroSatch said:
Tell me it's just me, but they don't seem to match up at all
It's not just you!
Bear said:
I'm quite confused by the fact that what we're seeing on the construction site currently matches the plans in absolutely no way at all. It's actually rather doing my head in! Also there seems to have been hardly anything done at the top of the site where the lift hills are apparently going, so the whole scenario is both strange and frightening to me. Grrr.

Hopefully once supports and track start going up it'll become clearer.

This.

Pictures can be overlaid until the bovine comes home, but the footers that are on the ground don't match up with what is on the plans!

Hahaha, I'm loving the replys, and I too do not want this to be remotely the case, I just picked up on quite a few mysterious elements, I've worked with marketing departments before and usually mysterious marketing phrases means there is something more to it, unless this is a very clever diversion tactic by Towers, but the pieces just seem to be fitting, as much as we all don't want them to.
The eggman sign was intriguing, as previously a sign stating "a million apologies.." would have been placed, but why bring Dr. Eggman into it? The ride is just supposedly Sonic collecting coins surely?

I'm not a fan of Sonic, I've played it once or twice but can't tell why AT would build a whole new coaster on a dying game, unless it is the case that AT received outside funding?

As much as I regret it, I could imagine a concept of Eggman in his elevated crab throwing and tossing the carriage around, in true Sonic style.

The marketing and video etc. could not point further away from an IP. This is obviously going to be a theme created by Alton.

Guys, the teeth on the smile look like barcodes if you squint really, really hard and therefore I predict that this is gonna be themed around a supermarket checkout. ;)

I applaud speculation but that really does seem like a shot in the dark, considering they already have a sonic ride and that so much effort was put into The Sanctuary's theme. :)

Eddie said:
Fredward said:

If you think he is, then Classic Sonic is just as bad because he's had his share of bad games ;)

Sonic Generations and Colours are really what has boosted Sonic recently and these were both released after sponsorship so surely it means he's on the up. But wow this is spinning out of control. Heh. He isn't dieing he is back on form and has a few upcoming games unlike other gaming legends *cough*Megaman*cough*.

But from what Alton are hinting and no SEGA reps being seen around park to examine site. I doubt it, but although I'd love to see it happen. Surely if it was still being X-Sector themed you would theme the ride around the Robotnik side of Eggman for the robotic spider. We will all look back at this in a few years time and laugh. Keep it up guys!

Again, why are we contemplating SW7, a big, scary, adult ride, being sponsored by a cheesy kid's video game from the 80s?

Aye, that be my weak point, not having been to Scarefest this year I am merely making conclusions from the evidence in front of me.

Because this is a discussion thread blaze.

I'm not sure I like the idea, in fact I think it's the most daft idea for a ride after: Toilet the ride! But I like the discussion! By thinking laterally we achieve great things in life.

Might go to the fireworks tonight, I think it's pretty certain we won't see track in place before the end of the season!

Well we may as well discuss whether or not they're going to hand out free cake after the ride is over.

What's the point in discussing things which are unlikely to happen? Sure, suggest sensible things like whether you want to see some actors guarding X-Sector at Feb Half term (yes please :p), but talking about Sonic being linked with SW7 is pointless and is just leading everyone off topic.

So yeah, seen as X-Sector is closed for Feb half term, does anyone else think they will or should do something at the entrance?

since yellow and white and world beating could mean sonic.

There was a rock in the Sanctuary called Eve, also with the time period, theme, setting and propaganda in the sanctuary, the ride must be related to Bioshock.

lets talk about that... it's not likely at all... but still more likely then a Sonic theme.

EDIT:

Well we may as well discuss whether or not they're going to hand out free cake after the ride is over.

What's the point in discussing things which are unlikely to happen?

Cake? Unlikely to happen? Cake is a lie.... portal ride... mind blown.

also Half Life 3.

As interesting an idea as you've pointed out SheikhSam I do agree with Blaze and several others that it's dragging us massively off topic. Logic says it's a stretch of the imagination. A seperate topic purhaps for ideas which are very unliley to happen?

Getting back to the ride name I mentioned it to a few mates Thursday night and while at the Towers. I didn’t tell them anything about the ride just that they were building something that could be called The Smiler. The response was silence and some very odd looks. They asked what it was and were shocked when I replied a new 8+ inverting Roller Coaster. I don’t know what they were expecting but not the parks next major coaster.
The people I was at the park with though did like the Smiley face thing and sort of got the connection. Not to say that they were especially inspired by it.

Now when I mentioned that someone suggested Delirium as a name everyone seemed to love that. Caused a real buzz. I only mentioned it as a passing comment but after thinking about it and seeing their reactions I'm disappointed that the name probably isn't going to be something like that. It’s intriguing relevant and fits all the previous X-Sector names perfectly.

Also I think someone else mentioned this but The Smiler could be a new version of The Lord of Darkness? That kind of works.

BigAl said:
..talking about Sonic being linked with SW7 is pointless and is just leading everyone off topic.

Sorry for my inconvenience;
If you'd taken the time to read my first speculation (page 149) you would have perhaps seen slightly more further than the end of your nose, friend.

-->To anyone else who felt the urge to express their emotions because they had to read a few extra sentences:
I was making nothing more than a comment, one of which that noticed links between certain aspects and areas, if you don't like it, don't comment, ignore it, see all you are achieving by moaning is changing the topic further. See the logic?

I believe it's time we moved on? Or do we all have to take a stab at me once again?

Sorry if we are offending you! my post was meant as merely a joking way of disagreeing with you.

We don't need to agree with everything in fact that's the spark of what makes discussion interesting, expressing disagreement furthers on the discussion, so if we all ignored comments we disagreed with or don't like, the forum will only be filled with ideas but no discussion to follow them except people agreeing and nodding.

but yes, it's best to move on! :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.