• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Alton Towers ‏@altontowers

It's the final day of the 2012 AT season and we're going out with a bang! When we re-open in March we'll have a world breaking new ride!

^
They called it world breaking yesterday on Twitter. Interesting typo.lol

VickyLeigh83 said:
Alton Towers ‏@altontowers

It's the final day of the 2012 AT season and we're going out with a bang! When we re-open in March we'll have a world breaking new ride!

^
They called it world breaking yesterday on Twitter. Interesting typo.lol

Deary me.

"World Breaking"? World splitting, perhaps? Maybe it's the first coaster to completely divide everyone's opinion on whether it's good or bad? After all, Marmite and Marmalisation do sound quite similar! :p

Nah, Al - it's going to cause an earthquake every time a car's dispatched! :p

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Well it's been a good few years since I've seen most of you and even longer since I last posted on a forum so hey again old friends and hello everyone I've yet to meet!

This SW7 thing has caught my interest again and because I haven't been a dedicated enthusiast of late, hopefully I can bring a slightly different perspective on the ride.

I've just had a quick look through the plans and one aspect that stood out for me was just how immersive this is going to be. Am I right in thinking there will be paths and walkways pretty much below the whole ride? That could be quite special and the theme looks like abandoned industrial, almost like the whole thing could collapse around you at any time. Nemesis is intimidating to first time guests but nothing is more intimidating in a ride than the feeling of it being unsafe. This could definitely be up there!

From the TS FB:

I'm wondering what they are. Someone commented on FB saying they're pre-cast concrete pipes but they don't look concrete to me - they look metal...?

400245_400624993341284_554369523_n.jpg

What they are you say?

Well let me answer that! They are pipes! :p

I would guess they are supports for the station building? The theming piece would be made off site so it won't be that and they do not look like coaster supports to me.

Could they be theming for inside the building? To give it the old factory/facility feel?

They might be but I doubt it as I don't think they would deliver things like that this early on, so I think Frewards right in saying they will be supports for the main building.

Their called "Piles" and they are supports for what i assume now is the track.

Imagine them as Anchors for the footers that havn't yet been placed at the top end of site. Currently they havn't really landscape that area so now the park is closed i'd expect thinsg to be going into full swing.

These piles will be driven into the ground to a possible depth of 10M (If you look closely you'll see the threads where they screw into each other). i guess this as they are all numbered up so some may be shorter or longer for different areas or to support larger peices of track.

From what i've been told it is a much more effective way of securing something without having to dump massive amounts of concrete into the ground to hold it there.

Could the worlds first be the first station (and shop) that uses ground source heating :D

If you havnt seen already the Towers Street Facebook has been updated with loads of SW7 photos from the weekend and today.

Not too much has changed on the construction site recently, I really think they have been waiting for the park to close then they will start to chuck up the track and station building. Now the park is closed they can make as much mess and put cranes and diggers where ever they want.

I also think some track has been taken out of the staff car park as it certainly looks less full now, so chances are its sat near the construction site.

Here are a few of the photos, the rest are on facebook:
Any ideas?
521808_400714976665619_263236822_n.jpg

Lots of new pipes:
530806_400715009998949_55587805_n.jpg

More track delivered today in the mini bus car park:
545379_400714783332305_1172327393_n.jpg

A sign on one of the pallets, I think it was just wood in the pallet to rest the track on:
430771_400714696665647_1216042204_n.jpg

Top of the site:
63298_400711799999270_1885471107_n.jpg

A look into the hole:
936_400714203332363_419243906_n.jpg

A closer look:
394087_400714576665659_1463089148_n.jpg

One lonely piece of track in the hotel overflow car park:
69145_400128233390960_1745374175_n.jpg

And this bit is in car park J:
486365_399746443429139_1419529391_n.jpg

It has been confirmed over on Screamscape that Tripsdrill's 2013 Gerstlauer Launch roller coaster will be the standard Eurofighter cars but will feature the new lap bar restraints. It looks like they're becoming more popular now.

But then SW7 is going to use a new style train, so maybe Gerstlauer are going to keep OTSR's for it, considering it's their first coaster to use them?

TowersTimes have a photo which shows the straight bit of track (brake run...? or maybe something inside the building) a bit more clearly:

400245_10151329871548185_350482675_n.jpg

Edit: Ignore me, if it was a brake run or some other 'special' piece of track, it wouldn't look like that.

That piece of track does look a bit strange, probably a but of track just before the brake run. :)

And I still firmly believe that we will see lap bars if that is now the standard on Eurofighters.

I love the secrecy behind the project, I know it wasn't intended to keep the track assembly away from us, but it really is upping the hype for me!

Thomas said:
I love the secrecy behind the project, I know it wasn't intended to keep the track assembly away from us, but it really is upping the hype for me!

Track assembly was intended to be kept from us, the project is not running behind significantly.

Is it me or have we not seen a single piece of track that isn't bent,curved or banked?

Edit - Stupid me, was looking at that picture at a stupid angle...Carry on.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.