• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Silver Dollar City: General Discussion

More progress.

silver_dollar_city_7_14.jpg

silver_dollar_city_7_15.jpg

silver_dollar_city_7_16.jpg

Om nom nom, handrails.

silver_dollar_city_7_25.jpg

Station is coming along nicely.

silver_dollar_city_7_27.jpg

silver_dollar_city_7_28.jpg

It's not a woody if the track is steel. Otherwise The Ultimate is a woody.

Jus's sayin' ;)

DiogoJ42 said:
It's not a woody if the track is steel. Otherwise The Ultimate is a woody.

Jus's sayin' ;)

But in this case, the track is made of wood unlike the new Texas Giant which has steel I-beam track. Although, this particular style of wooden track does have a massive slab of steel on top of it but I would still consider it a wooden coaster.

As for the layout, I'm not usually one to stand in the way of progress but inline twists on a woodie? that seems just...wrong. I'll probably get used to it but I will draw the line at launches. That sort of thing just is not on.

Oh my god, this looks utterly ridiculous. If they can keep this running successfully for any extended periods without insane maintenance downtime, then I'll be a monkey's uncle.

I dunno, looks fine to me. I don't see why there'd be any major maintenance problems? Haven't heard of any on the new Texas Giant.

Looks awesome, obviously, but the actual layout itself is a bit uninspiring. Very short, with a lack of airtime hills. But it has two barrel rolls and an 81° drop, so who cares. :p

Anyone think those Barrel Rolls have a whiff of Blue Fire about them?

Besides that I can't really judge what this ride will be like because it looks so unconventional I have no idea what will work and what won't.

TrevorBondi305 on CF has made a basic NoLimits simulation:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3TbUasWfr0[/youtube]

That first element after the drop: jaw on the floor.

Watching that made me think that they are going to have to trim the hell out of that ride to make it safe to go through some of those elements, especially them barrel roles. And that outward banked hill, it looks totally insane. :eek:

Regarding trimming this ride, do you think that Rocky Mountain would use magnetic brakes or friction brakes?

This ride looks totally amazing. It's short but covers a good amount of ground and does some pretty amazing things so I can live with that. I hope I get the chance to ride this!

I counted three inversions. On a woodie. This coaster looks like it's going to be mental.

This coaster is mind-blowingly incredible. The outward banked roll is amazing, and the Barrel Rolls, it'll be interesting how they support those.

Definitely a 'one to watch'.

Jonathan said:
I counted three inversions. On a woodie. This coaster looks like it's going to be mental.

Was there? I saw the 2 at the very end although I thought the first element was just a very overbanked turn.

Hmm, there may have only been two. I probably mis-counted! :p

Having watched the video again, it seems that the first inversion I counted does seem to be a very heavily overbanked turn.

That is ridiculously tight?! Maybe it's just the scale but that piece of wood sticking across the track looks like it will be some insane headchopper!