• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Skyline Park - New for 2016: Maurer Monorail

Dar

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Taron
I'm shocked that after the Maurer confusion we don't have a topic for their latest model!

It's this...thing:
13391439_1111845638854069_523950572968075973_o.jpg

Best guess is that it's powered, but if not, I think I've figured it out!
ntdgx2m.jpg

I don't get it. I don't think Skyline Park get it either because they've shoved in a corner with a massive path to get to it.

I assume this will have Steeplechase type horses or maybe moterbikes or something? Either way, it looks painfull.

Apparently it's called Sky Dragster and is a motorbike coaster. So think Velocity trains.

It's supposedly going to be the fastest motorcycle coaster IN THE WORLD, you'll be able to control the speed of your ca...um, bike, and this year it's only going to run one vehicle (it'll be on four next year). Mad, quite frankly.

What on earth is that track? It's going to be quite something but I don't think that is a good thing!

:)

What on Earth...

Maurer really do like to be the special snowflake of the industry!

So it's driven by a rack and pinnion? Yay, that'll be a nice smooth ride.

Here's another look at this waste of space testing:

Why have they wasted money building this?

:)

Well I think it's cool...

If you look at it as a prototype, there's a lot of potential there. You could definitely build a great dark ride based on that system. It would need a few more vehicles though.

Well I think it's cool...

If you look at it as a prototype, there's a lot of potential there. You could definitely build a great dark ride based on that system. It would need a few more vehicles though.

It could work nicely if you take away the passenger control of the craft. You've hit the nail on the head regarding it's appearance. It looks exactly like a weird prototype you see in the back yards of coaster factories.