• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sochi Park: brand new Russian park, 2014, inc. Blue Fire clone

Sam

TS Member
First construction photos from Sochi Park, which will be the first theme park built as part of an Olympic Park, at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.

esAOv.jpg

Mv4k9.jpg

6n6H7.jpg

AmOen.jpg

VbM1l.jpg

BQvhH.jpg

sfIOx.jpg

lHj4i.jpg

ZGPtd.jpg

uFE5V.jpg

q0JtX.jpg

dCGIM.jpg

fH8sX.jpg

PzVMP.jpg

Hotel looks jolly impressive, no sign of the all-but-confirmed Blue Fire clone though? Maybe the orange coaster is that, but just a generic layout for the model?

It actually changes depending which picture you view lol

Looking forward to seeing more of this 8)

Now this is very odd!

Here's a preview of the major coaster, blatantly the Mack:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=818QmIqSDcY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

When it starts, it appears to be a mirror image of Blue Fire. But it then has a very different layout after that, but with obvious references to BlooFi thrown in, such as the in-line roll and the rock work. It's almost like Blue Fire 'remixed'.

Is this maybe just for illustrative purposes, and an exact clone (if mirrored) is what they'll really be getting? The visualisation above is clearly very rough, the trackwork is all over the place.

Park preview:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GeaZgZRJlw&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Looks a bit Efteling, a bit EP.

This park is really concerning me. It looks like it’s been designed by someone that has a vague idea of what a Theme Park should look like but not what they actually are like. They’ve taken a bit from all the well known parks but the result looks like a park map brought to life not a real thing.

I do hope there’s someone that really knows their stuff behind this project. I dread to think what’ll happen if there isn’t.

Those models look awesome... the animation quality on that coaster video is not :p .. but the rough idea of a layout looks pretty awesome! :)

The park video looks amazing though, would like to see what it's like when it's done! :)

The coaster on the POV simulation is considerably shorter than Blue Fire - it's only 30 seconds!

New construction update here. :)

I love this new artwork of the BlooFi clone, looks like it could be just as well-themed as the original! Glad they're retaining the dark ride section - looks like a kind of Swiss chalet style...?

OeJ0Dzf.jpg

Screamscape said:
Park News - (8/26/13) A Screamscape reader visited the future site of Sochi Park and discovered several different styles of roller coaster track and supports are already on site. The large purple supports are believed to be for the Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang, the yellow supports are for a Mack Mouse coaster, and the large red supports with yellow coaster track are believed to be the Mack Launched coaster.

myip85q.jpg

0L049Vl.jpg

7KNO2tK.jpg

EJnhdRR.jpg

So a launched Mack Mega is going to be at the winter Olympics... In Russia... Who wants to tell them those things can't operate below a certain temperature (5'C, was it?)

You're forgetting that with the Olympic spirit, anything is possible.

In seriousness, who planned a theme park for a region where setting foot outside your own front door is a safety hazard? In such extreme temperatures, I'd hardly want to be trekking around a theme park.

Just a shame that half the members of the forum are no longer welcome in the country.

Whatever park has Mack, I am welcome.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dar said:
Just a shame that half the members of the forum are no longer welcome in the country.

I think some of us wouldn't last longer than 30 mins. Let's cause an international crisis :p

I can't say that this is a park I've been following but I've just come across these construction photos on themeparx.com:

sochi-adventure-park-27.jpg

sochi-adventure-park-28.jpg

sochi-adventure-park-29.jpg

sochi-adventure-park-30.jpg

And the official park logo:

sochi-park-31.jpg

:)

The games start on 07 February.

Is the Mack really likely to have tested and be ready to open by that date?

Looking at the progress. I sincerely doubt the rides will open in time for the Winter Olympics.