• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Splash Landings repaints

It's not too major in Flambo's. Its having all new seating (although the new seats will look the same as old ones, just a different size and more ergonomically friendly) and the buffet stations are to be in the centre of the restaurant as apposed to down the left hand side, similar to LEGOLAND Hotel.

MaGarritas is to my knowledge, just having a general refresh. But there is a permanent Pizza restaurant being created at the back too.

Flambo's needs some new seating/tables as the current ones are very worn and pretty wobbly. Not sure I like the idea of having the buffet stations in the center though. Having them down the side keeps them out of the way of people eating and allows the chefs to easily replenish the food from the kitchen.

I'm unsure on the addition of Pizza Pasta to Ma's though. Although extra eating options are always welcome at the hotels (especially if cheaper!), I'm not too keen on seating space for the bar being used. That end behind the bar is a nice quiet area to escape the kids plus the pool table FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Scott said:
Flambo's needs some new seating/tables as the current ones are very worn and pretty wobbly. Not sure I like the idea of having the buffet stations in the center though. Having them down the side keeps them out of the way of people eating and allows the chefs to easily replenish the food from the kitchen.

I'm unsure on the addition of Pizza Pasta to Ma's though. Although extra eating options are always welcome at the hotels (especially if cheaper!), I'm not too keen on seating space for the bar being used. That end behind the bar is a nice quiet area to escape the kids plus the pool table FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The new seating looks exactly the same, they'll still have the wash out effect etc, but as an example the pineapples on the old ones used to stab you in the back so the new seats have a smooth surface etc. Im not sure how the 'new restaurant' will be set out, whether it will just be in the bottom, or take up one side or what.

Alton Towers using the 'wash out effect'?!? :O I thought they were continuing the new multi-colour gay theme for Splash Landings...

James said:
Alton Towers using the 'wash out effect'?!? :O I thought they were continuing the new multi-colour gay theme for Splash Landings...

We got shown the new seating before the restaurant opened for the night and there was an old one and a new one next to each other and we couldn't tell the difference until he actually pointed it out. So it looks like Flambos (the furniture at least) is in-keeping with the original theme.

siralgenon said:
James said:

We got shown the new seating before the restaurant opened for the night and there was an old one and a new one next to each other and we couldn't tell the difference until he actually pointed it out. So it looks like Flambos (the furniture at least) is in-keeping with the original theme.

Can't believe it all needs replacing after 10 years.

Not a very long life for what was quite a high quality investment.

Interesting. Opposite to the new repaints though which is strange. Good to hear anyway, I prefer the original look theme!

James said:
Interesting. Opposite to the new repaints though which is strange. Good to hear anyway, I prefer the original look theme!

It is only the furniture though, the walls and everything else for that better could still get the comic book style finish

I have always felt the layout of Margs has always been a bit bad and certainly designed quite poorly when it opened and throughout its life when it has been altered.

You have that corner bit with the pool table which is an odd shape, out the way and doesn't really contain much seating. You then have the bar with its L shape, yet they only ever serve from one side of it, making the side where the slush/coffee machines are a bit pointless. There is then that stupidly large stage blocking one side of the bar, with the lighting/sound controls on the other side. During shows/discos it is always a nightmare to get to the toilets with the amount of kids on the dancefloor. You then have that large lego/kids area taking up an area that would be perfect for some nice seats or a big table. Then finally getting to the outdoor smoking area is a bit of a pain as its at the other end of the bar from the toilets, etc.

Personally I think the initial design was slightly flawed with the large gap between floors next to Flambos and Margs (the whole left hand side where the fountain is right up to the smoking area doors. I would have filled that floor in, which would have created a much more square room, rather than the odd shape it is now. I would also sort the stage out so that it doesnt take up so much room up, the bar is always rammed, but there is never enough seats in there, even on quiet evenings.

However with it only being closed for a week I can't really imagine there being any major changes happening.

djtruefitt said:
Personally I think the initial design was slightly flawed with the large gap between floors next to Flambos and Margs (the whole left hand side where the fountain is right up to the smoking area doors. I would have filled that floor in, which would have created a much more square room, rather than the odd shape it is now. I would also sort the stage out so that it doesnt take up so much room up, the bar is always rammed, but there is never enough seats in there, even on quiet evenings.

Yes but it was designed like that for thematic purposes to make the water feature a focal point for both the restaurant and bar.

What Splash really needs is a second restaurant for those who don't want to pay extortion for Margs. I like the sound of a a Pizza Pasta but knowing Merlin it will be out of keeping with the hotel and just bland and generic.

What Splash needs is more atmosphere. The bar area is just dire later in the evenings. Maybe some area with a bit of a dance floor etc, like a small nightclub or something where people can go and have a bit of a dance if they want to and let their hair down.

I think the issue with any idea of how to improve Ma's or Splash in general is a distinct lack of space. That's why the Pizza/Pasta idea is a bit confusing to me - as it will make a bar which lacks space already even smaller.

Equally any other ideas that people are suggesting - whilst it would be great to expand Splash's offering and facilities, there just isn't the space. If the rest of Ma's stays identical but they just add some kind of Pizza offering at the back, then the bar itself will be drastically smaller.

Also, I'm unsure why there is any need for a Pizza/Pasta thing to be added (if it even is being done) as Ma's already sells Pizza, Chips and Garlic Bread. Maybe they ought to add more seating and advertise the pizza options much more heavily?

They could always extend Marg's out front over the patio area and have that as a Pizza Pasta place.

OK, you would lose the outdoor seating area but let's face it at the end of the day it's only a walled in patio offering no decent views.

It takes approximately 4 days for a pizza to arrive at the moment if you've ever ordered one, usually coming in attractive tin foil.

I'm led to believe they may actually make the pizzas upstairs at margs.. or at least refit so it's easier to deliver pizzas within a more acceptable timeframe. Then they'll be able to sell more of them also.

Yeah, there's no space up there whatsoever though.

I do think they could extend outwards using up all the smoking area for something, the smoking area could then be put towards the side of the exit to the current smoking area. along that wall that has zero themeing, except during Halloween when they have the scarecrows there. It might be a bit squashed but there really is no room anywhere for Margs to expand.

It really was a bad design flaw when they built that hotel, there is no room for expansion of the bar, restaurant or even the waterpark. Compared to ATH which has expanded with the likes of Emperoers grill and even now with the farm animals outside in the garden.

surely the biggest design flaw (in both hotels) is having a bar with toilets on a different floor!

I don't think it's much of a design flaw. In Splash they are on the same floor as Flambos, the hotel restaurant. I can think of many places where toilets are on a different floor or a bit of a walk from a bar/restaurant.

:)

Apologies for the double post, it has been a while!

a few photos I got quickly today of the changes in Margs and Flambo's.

The "new restaurant" if that's what you can call it:
P1000043_zps76ce28df.jpg

It looks like the pool table has gone:
P1000044_zps04e40577.jpg

Here you can just about make out the new layout of the Flambo's buffet:
P1000046_zps640c4bfb.jpg

:)

Like the idea of making the pizzas a more permanent option. However I dislike how the nice quiet end of Ma's in now unusable for drinking. Equally disappointed at the loss of the pool table :(

Can't quite make out Flambo's but it looks as though they have sets of hot plates grouped together (like Secret Garden uses for breakfast) rather than the long buffet thing. Not sure why they've made this change, seems entirely pointless?